Diana Vickers to release 'Cinderella' as new single

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
Forum Member
She's just shot the music video in LA and the track is confirmed http://popfreak.com/news/diana-vickers-to-release-cinderella-as-first-single/

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES!!!

Perfect choice. I saw her perform this last summer and so hoped it would make the album. The fact its lead single is brilliant!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't heard it yet but the title alone has me excited hope this era goes well for her.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to Diana finally releasing some new material. There have been leaked reports online of new music from Diana, but now I believe she really is back.

If I have any choice in the matter, Diana will never again disappear like this. In fact, I'm only going to let her disappear once!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I can't actually tell you how amazingly happy I am from reading that.

I went to watch Diana LAST FEBRUARY (so long ago haha) and this was the one song that absolutely blew me away. Like seriously it was stuck in my head for ages.

For those who are a fan of Diana Vickers - they're gonna love this song. It is brilliant. :D
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i feel emotional reading all this! confirmed information, I truly though she was done!!!!! ive seen her 8 times and hope theres a tour. she is perfect!!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    The only good thing to ever come out of X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I need to hear the studio version NOW! Haha. I cannot WAIT!
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good thing to ever come out of X Factor.

Except for Leona Lewis and Rebecca Ferguson. Diana Vickers lost a lot of points with me for that "Wicked Heart" song. Although I heard this Cinderella song on youtube and it sounds really good even through the poor sound quality of the video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great choice for a lead single. I'm so happy that things have worked out for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    "Cinderella" will be released on the 21st July and is available to preview and pre-order on iTunes now!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/cinderella-single/id632071404

It sounds amazing. So happy that Diana is back! :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her first album was a let down but I have always loved Diana and perhaps too much high hopes for her when first album came out. I hope she finds her sound and produces a great second album. I love her voice.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they seriously using that image as the single's artwork? It's like 2 years old...
    Anyway, it sounds like a nice track. Diana-esque. It probably won't do that well but we'll see.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    Except for Leona Lewis and Rebecca Ferguson. Diana Vickers lost a lot of points with me for that "Wicked Heart" song. Although I heard this Cinderella song on youtube and it sounds really good even through the poor sound quality of the video.

Yeah. Had she just used the RHCP song as a sample instead of trying to get away with using it without anyone noticing, she would have been fine.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I really like the song 'Cinderella' I think the studio version will be fantastic. I did love Diana in the X Factor. I wonder isf she will have great commercial success this time or has it been too long since 2010?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    July seems like ages away. I hope they aren't just releasing it at the same time as the album like what So So did with Matt Cardle because Cinderella is awesome tune and it would be a shame for it not to get a decent chart position.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if theyre releasing it in July, the only way her album is gonna get a decent peak position would be to release it then... Th 4th quarter will ensure it missed the top 40!
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 years too late
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her album is being released in autumn and this is the first single.

Stop complaining you all complain when she dont release music and then she finally does and your never happy. cor she cant bloody win can she

and how the hell do you know if she will chart or not?! you dont so button it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    2 years too late

How?? not every artist releases three albums every fortnight ala Rihanna..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is #223 on itunes chart based on preorders alone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys

The new chapter begins here!!!

I have a brand new label home and an amazing new album to shout about! It's finally finished and I am so excited!

The album is called Music To Make Boys Cry and the first single is called Cinderella - which is due to be released on 21st July.

Here is a clip of the track: http://soundcloud.com/sorecordings/cinderella-preview-clip

To celebrate my new single being available for pre-order I want to invite all of you with a creative eye to come up with some cover artwork for the single - inspired by Cinderella!

Anything goes, and my favourite will be used as the digital single cover! So get doodling and submit the entries to: cinderella@sorecordings.com

Thanks so much for all your support and for being so patient, it will all be worthwhile!

Just recieved this email from the official website. So single out July 21st
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but this is weak, coming from a big Vickers fan :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    this is #223 on itunes chart based on preorders alone!

It's pretty impressive considering it's only been up on iTunes for less than a day with no promotion or the full song being readily available yet. Nice work Vickers! :)

Crept up to #222 now and #81 on the Pop only chart. She may actually get a solid Top 40 position in July which would be wonderful on an indie record label!