Graham Norton Series 12

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought Graham was a bit rude to Milla , and how did he not see the point of the clip they showed ? I know he's gay but even so ...

Rude?
    Why, because he joked about the clip of the Oz film?

:rolleyes: She took it as it was intended, a joke.

Is Miss Kunis above banter?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Rude?
    Why, because he joked about the clip of the Oz film?

:rolleyes: She took it as it was intended, a joke.

Is Miss Kunis above banter?

because he kept making it obvious he'd rather James Franco had turned up .
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    I don't get why people blow smoke up JudiDench, she just plays herself in everything she's in. Completely over rated.

I remember her early days at Nottingham Playhouse, she regularly got her kit off.:o
  • TrekTheGalaxyTrekTheGalaxy Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a good episode. Don't understand the comments aimed towards Mila. She didn't seem bratty to me.

Jude is usually a decent guest. I liked him when he was last on with RDJ. This time was no exception. He's arrogant, vain, shallow and predatory? He didn't come across that way at all to me. Especially predatory. Am I missing something :confused:

Dame Judi was amazing as usual, but I was a little shocked at her outfit :o

Not a fan of Olly's music, but he seems quite funny and down to earth.

Does anyone know why James was well enough to go to the premier, but not to appear on Graham's show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because he kept making it obvious he'd rather James Franco had turned up .

And you got that from where?

Him mentioning they set up a gag for James Franco?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She made it up in her head.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not getting some of these criticisms. There was nothing wrong with any of the guests' behaviour. They all seemed to be having a good time, without doing anything provocative or brash.

Personally thought the whole cast were excellent. Cracking way to close the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

he mentioned his absence more than once .
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'm not getting some of these criticisms. There was nothing wrong with any of the guests' behaviour. They all seemed to be having a good time, without doing anything provocative or brash.

Personally thought the whole cast were excellent. Cracking way to close the series.
    I too thought it was a good show. Also not sure how people who watch celebrity chat shows don't know or haven't heard of the guests.
    I couldn't care less about Olly Murs, or Jude Law for tht matter but i've heard of them. Ok, there probably are some reality/talent show zlebs that I haven't heard of but mostly the people who appear on Norton and Ross' shows are pretty famous.

I though Mila was great, especially for a US guest who sometimes don't get the format of Norton's show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he mentioned his absence more than once .

:rolleyes: God forbid.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    mia75 wrote: »
    The fact that you think a picture of a young girl with no make up on proves she's plain, says it all really.

It's a good thing for young girls to see people like her without make out and unphotoshopped.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    It's a good thing for young girls to see people like her without make out and unphotoshopped.

It's just getting a bit boring for the tabloids to regularly show paparazzi pictures of famous people with no make-up, I bet the (often female) journalists would not be happy about being caught like that themselves. Though often the celebrities still look good with no make-up, just different to how they are normally seen.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    I don't get why people blow smoke up JudiDench, she just plays herself in everything she's in. Completely over rated.

Completely agree . I find her a right pain in the rear and switch off whenever she appears . Has she still got that same boring haircut she wears since the year dot?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the show last night and thought it was very funny
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are probably right Stansfield.

Thing is that I've stopped watching GN's show because I found that it had become just a prompt for promotion and that usually the comedian in the Comedy Chair was not funny, often feeling that they have to be funny and therefore forcing it too much.

Maybe the few times I have watched it are the ones where the Comedy Chair has not been there?

Despite enjoying last night, I'd still say bring back some of that brilliant audience participation stuff he used to do and all those quirky websites he used to show.

Not here to defend Kunis but just a thought: it's her first time on the show and I imagine the celebs have to get it and how it works?

Law and Dench have been on before. They know the form.

I reckon she was fine but to those who didn't like her, I'd say give her a chance.

Personally, I'd have liked more about Meg in Family Guy but the sort of questions I would have liked GN to ask her about the brutal treatment of the Meg character where effectively, there is no comeback on the other characters for their bullying and dismissive behaviour probably wouldn't have gone down well.

Maybe I'm not getting that aspect of Family Guy and would have loved Mila to explain it.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup. Imagine my utter surprise when I thought it was such a good end to series 12 that I came to the forum to read some comments, expecting people to mostly find it dench, and then all these negativity! Seriously? Mila bratty? Jude predatory? Judi playing herself all the time?!?!

Okay, I may not be listening to Olly's music, but I can't fault him for being a really nice and genuine guy, watched him in Buzzcocks and he was a good guest there as well.

I for one was glad that Franco wasn't there. Can't imagine how they are going to fill the couch with not four, but five celebs who are all successful in their own rights. Would have been very rushed.

Disgusted with the woman's story about her 'love life' - don't find such or toilet 'humour' funny at all. That's the only negativity I could see in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: God forbid.

haha .... yeah ., that's ....... funny ....

:yawn:
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

I'm not getting it to......A perfect way to end the series.....which is back soon anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha .... yeah ., that's ....... funny ....

:yawn:

:confused:

Did you presume I was trying to crack a joke? I wasn't.

I just thought god forbid Graham mentions that James Franco couldn't make it.

How you translated that into being rude to Mila Kunis is baffling, he chatted to her loads about her own projects and career.
  • TrekTheGalaxyTrekTheGalaxy Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Completely agree . I find her a right pain in the rear and switch off whenever she appears . Has she still got that same boring haircut she wears since the year dot?

It's a bit hard to criticize someone if you turn over whenever they appear. She always comes across as an intelligent, charming and witty person to me. Her interview on TGNS with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem was one of my favourites. I don't understand why she is a pain :confused:

I've had the same haircut for a while and it's probably pretty boring. What's the big deal? It's my hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand that either. Fair enough you don't rate her as an actress, but if she bothers you on chat shows and you get offended by hair (WTF?) than the problem is yours not hers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

Did you presume I was trying to crack a joke? I wasn't.

I just thought god forbid Graham mentions that James Franco couldn't make it.

How you translated that into being rude to Mila Kunis is baffling, he chatted to her loads about her own projects and career.

yes I got the impression he was being a bit rude , I gave my reasons ,but thats my opinion , I'm not worried about convincing you
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I too thought it was a good show. Also not sure how people who watch celebrity chat shows don't know or haven't heard of the guests.
    I couldn't care less about Olly Murs, or Jude Law for tht matter but i've heard of them. Ok, there probably are some reality/talent show zlebs that I haven't heard of but mostly the people who appear on Norton and Ross' shows are pretty famous.

I though Mila was great, especially for a US guest who sometimes don't get the format of Norton's show.

I never heard of or seen anything that Mila Kunis was in. There is so many celebrities out there that just because they appear on a well known chat does not automatically mean everybody has heard of them.Jonathan Ross had some actress called Olga (Something russian i think) on last night another example of somebody i never heard of therefore switched off.;)
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I think it has been a great series. There are always going to be good and bad shows depending on what appeals to you.

Love Graham Norton, he is top of my list for 'if you could have six people to dinner' though it would be interesting to see how he and Peter Ustinov would get on!

Stand out moment of the series for me was Bruno Mars and his band's, Locked Out Of Heaven performance. Bought the album on the back of it and very glad I did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes I got the impression he was being a bit rude , I gave my reasons ,but thats my opinion , I'm not worried about convincing you

Good, never said you were. I was responding to your post, this is a discussion forum after all.