Millions set to flood Britain in 2014

Comments

• BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    You've set the barr.... we shall return to this from time to time I suspect.

I suspect we will since ignorant stereotyping seems to be OK for some but not for others.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I suspect we will since ignorant stereotyping seems to be OK for some but not for others.

Yes... like those who support the BNP and UKIP seem to think its fine. That will be the day when I see you criticising any of them.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »

There is nothing more nauseating than the bully boys of the uberliberalista Left in full flight. -

Snort!!!!!!!!! It's worried comments like that that makes me see why the left are soaring like an eagle at the moment... :D:D:D:D
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snort!!!!!!!!! It's worried comments like that that makes me see why the left are soaring like an eagle at the moment... :D:D:D:D

And the higher they fly, the harder they fall.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes... like those who support the BNP and UKIP seem to think its fine. That will be the day when I see you criticising any of them.

The leftwing bully boys have turned stereotyping into an artform.

Excuse me whilst I dry my underwear.

I assume you mean "soaring like Eddie the Miliband Eagle", as he bears an uncanny resemblance in all manners.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

answer- they have absolutely no idea

probably not - but having seen what a cock-up the last Labour government made of estimating immigrant numbers you can hardly blame them for not having a guess.
  • timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    probably not - but having seen what a cock-up the last Labour government made of estimating immigrant numbers you can hardly blame them for not having a guess.

when you have open borders it is hard to predict accurate numbers but that is the problem we can no longer allow millions to keep coming and a free for all it hasn't worked for a long time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the higher they fly, the harder they fall.

Put you in mind of any particular Party Leader?

http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/offside/EDDIE.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »

I don't think that was a "cock up" by the last government, I think it was a deliberate lie at the time.
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did not make the comment as regards ignorant stereotyping. I am asking those who despise that activity do they despise it in all cases? It seems they do not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put you in mind of any particular Party Leader?

http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/offside/EDDIE.jpg

LOL :D

But I don't think that many of the pro immigration lot really believe what they are posting, they just want the row.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But I don't think that many of the pro immigration lot really believe what they are posting, they just want the row.

Actually, I think they do. It's for a multitude of reasons including a chip on their shoulder regarding the country's history. Other countries do not suffer this breed as much as we do, which makes it a self fulfilling prophecy. Very few western countries' public policy is as welcoming of immigration as the UK, which is a big reason so many head our way.

It would be very useful for the message to get through back home that the majority of folk do not welcome it.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Actually, I think they do. It's for a multitude of reasons including a chip on their shoulder regarding the country's history. Other countries do not suffer this breed as much as we do, which makes it a self fulfilling prophecy. Very few western countries' public policy is as welcoming of immigration as the UK, which is a big reason so many head our way.

It would be very useful for the message to get through back home that the majority of folk do not welcome it.

About 4 million people of Turkish origin alone live in Germany. Just an example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    About 4 million people of Turkish origin alone live in Germany. Just an example.

Yes, and and they've never been given much status, and certainly not citizenship. The are purely gastarbeiter. And there is arbeiten for them to do.

Germany is very, very discriminating to whom she gives citizenship, unlike the UK where it's doled out like confetti.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D

Why do you assume that those who object to xenophobia, racism and bigotry are automatically 'pro-immigration'?

Do you think those that wilfully misunderstand what being part of the EU means, really believe what they are saying or do 'they just want the row'?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floridetei wrote: »
    hello DS! :)
    and hello timetosaygoodby! I have been reading this forum for a few months but I decided to make an account a few weeks ago with the urge to reply to some of your posts in many of your threads. I have no idea how I managed to restrain myself untill now!
    i can't blame you or argue with you on the matter of free movement to UK becouse i don't live in UK, I don't know your struggles so it's not my place so say. But i have to tell you, the way you phrase your views is disappointing, at least.

:confused::(

:mad:
    your generalizations are really irritating now!

quick question: I'm Romanian, I live in Romania (don't worry i won't be comeing over; I have a good life here :p) and i'm pretty sure I speak your language a hell of a lot better than you speak mine. If I am uneducated, what are you?

In 2014 Uk's borders will be open for Romanians and Bulgarians, not Roma only! (3.2% of Romania's population)

get off your high horse! every forest has its bad trees:
    http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/02/07/two-romanians-beaten-up-in-brighton/19442 should I follow your example and conclude that Uk is populated by 63 mil. racists???

I have to say, a few years ago when emigrating came to mind, I never thought of benefits, I just wished for a job. These threads have been really informative for me. On that note: lately, i've been purchasing a few goods from Amazon Uk therefore paid VAT to your country; is there anyway I can benefit from that? If you can help me with this @ timetosaygoodby it will be verry much appreciated. Thank you! Thank you so much!

Have a good Sunday everyone!
    Good 1st post. Welcome to DS :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Good 1st post. Welcome to DS :)

I thought so to and welcome floridetei. :)

I visited Romania many years ago under Ceausescu and was struck at the poverty all around. There was a small beach front western type development on the black sea back then with a night club and duty free shops that required the use of western currency to use/enter. It was Constanta area and the local market was full of hand crafted gifts and ornaments. A short trip outside of that area showed homes built around trees for shelter, small muddy yards sometimes with animals and desperate people all around. There were many talented and friendly people there and some lovely ladies. :cool:

Did timetosaygoodby ever answer this question?
    floridetei wrote: »
    quick question: I'm Romanian, I live in Romania (don't worry i won't be comeing over; I have a good life here :p) and i'm pretty sure I speak your language a hell of a lot better than you speak mine. If I am uneducated, what are you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WindWalker wrote: »
    Why do you assume that those who object to xenophobia, racism and bigotry are automatically 'pro-immigration'?

Why do you assume that those who object to immigration are automatically "xenophobic, racist and bigoted"?

See how it works?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so to and welcome floridetei. :)

I visited Romania many years ago under Ceausescu and was struck at the poverty all around. There was a small beach front western type development on the black sea back then with a night club and duty free shops that required the use of western currency to use/enter. It was Constanta area and the local market was full of hand crafted gifts and ornaments. A short trip outside of that area showed homes built around trees for shelter, small muddy yards sometimes with animals and desperate people all around. There were many talented and friendly people there and some lovely ladies. :cool:

Did timetosaygoodby ever answer this question?

To answer her question she speaks english and we do not speak her language because the UK conquered the world and is far superior to her country that has never done anything worth while or influenced anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To answer her question she speaks english and we do not speak her language because the UK conquered the world and is far superior to her country that has never done anything worth while or influenced anyone

Mongols also conquered the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As it happens, I've been interested in Romania for many years. I used to have several penfriends there in my younger days. I have a fascination in Communist countries, the aftermath of it's fall, and in Ceaucescu in particular. I've read every book I can lay my hands on about him. I realised a long held desire last year to visit Bucharest, and found it spooky and enthralling in equal measure.

Odd attitude for a xenophobe, wouldn't you say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mongols also conquered the world.

romanians are not mongols
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Why do you assume that those who object to immigration are automatically "xenophobic, racist and bigoted"?

See how it works?

Many, admittedly not all, who post on anti immigration threads on here come across as having undertones of xenophobia and bigotry. A few try to hide their racism, but are not very successful.

Some put across good points, but these are submerged in the ocean of xenophobic bile.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    Immigration has not destroyed Canada.

Canada has half the UK's population but is fifty times the size. So every new migrant has effectively 100 times the space available in Canada compared to the UK.

So its not exactly a sensible comparison!
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    romanians are not mongols

God, you're so clever. Did you miss the point deliberately?