advice needed 3 mobile broadband

stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
Forum Member
Hi all.

mjy other half has moved flat due to unforeseen circumstances.

Her new flat is one of them eco ones that basically you have zero mobile signal indoors as the walls and windows are so thick. (I am on three for my phone and get zero signal indoors either)

she never had a landline but used the dongle to get on-line, and now she can't.

she is in a contract, can she get out of it without incurring any fees? (why pay for a service you can't use?)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    she is in a contract, can she get out of it without incurring any fees? (why pay for a service you can't use?)

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    If she is within the minimum term they she won't be able to get out of it. However some 3 contracts are monthly rolling ones so you may need to find out more.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got out of an orange contract a few years ago as we moved to a location with no orange signal
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    cheers, will try.

any more advice still welcome.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers, will try.

any more advice still welcome.
    As said above if like me she is on a one month rolling contract then you just give 30 days notice to 3 and that is it. Mind you I have read in other places that that 30 days is up to the date of the next billing period. Which apparently can be a bit of a pain to work out!

The other thing that she might be able to do is change the dongle (presumably a USB device?) for a 3 MiFi device.

This connects to the mobile network like the dongle but uses WiFi to connect to the computers. You might find that one of those works in a window and then she just uses WiFi to link to it.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2485

If the dongle works sat in a window then chances are the MiFi device will as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Ive just had my three contract cancelled as I got no coverage inside for my phone in my home, You will need to make a formal complaint, good luck.