Eye Spy - C4 10pm

1235»

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    I felt my own reaction was different to the two version. The waiter seemed more offensive in London than in Manchester.

With the blind guy, I'd have talked to him before I confronted the woman. It seemed strange not to at least check that he didn't know her or had somehow allowed her to take the wine, before accusing her of theft.

You can't have been watching properly if those are the problems you're having with the Blind theft setup, the relationship between the chap and the woman.
  • Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Spy is just an extremely poor rip off of the far superior
    'What Would You Do?', which is part of ABC Prime Time, in
    the USA.

I'm addicted to them, & I have watched many of the 'Episodes' several times

I was very disappointed with 'Eye Spy'. It just lacks the
    spark of 'WWYD?', & Stephen Fry sounds like a talking
    sleeping pill, compared to the USA 'Host' - John Quinones.

You can see loads of 'Episodes' of 'WWYD?' in this YouTube Channel.

LINK:,

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrduckbears23?annotation_id=annotation_533782&feature=iv&src_vid=kCg2rLmb7fY

Some of them make me cry. This one moved me the most
    - due to the extremely decent & kind fellow - Donovan:,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424

And the 2nd couple in this 'Episode', is one of them that amused me the
    most. You wonder if the female customer will murder the Waitress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkaON0xZ1Zs&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLV-6xQKbwMCA
    Forum Member
    Zeus555 wrote: »
    Eye Spy is just an extremely poor rip off of the far superior
    'What Would You Do?', which is part of ABC Prime Time, in
    the USA.

Yes, the American version has already been mentioned in this thread.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    So what would your take on Broken Arms Man and Timmy's birthday card (and money) be?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the guy who played the dodgy waiter in the restaurants over the last two weeks, who is now playing a dodgy, sexist hairdresser? they cant find different people to portray the racist/homophobic/sexist members of staff?
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Its the guy who played the dodgy waiter in the restaurants over the last two weeks, who is now playing a dodgy, sexist hairdresser? they cant find different people to portray the racist/homophobic/sexist members of staff?

No it's a different bloke.
    The woman who came for the job, I think was part of one of the couples from the restaurant setup though.
    Your second question, I don't understand, it looks like they've got access to Spotlight and can find other actors to play the parts.
    No reason why they'd need to though as it would all be 'in the can' before the program airs so they're unlikely to be recognised.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    What a lovely group of gentlemen there...
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they could have found more people willing to bob off with the 30K if they carried on trying.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's a different bloke.
    The woman who came for the job, I think was part of one of the couples from the restaurant setup though.
    Your second question, I don't understand, it looks like they've got access to Spotlight and can find other actors to play the parts.
    No reason why they'd need to though as it would all be 'in the can' before the program airs so they're unlikely to be recognised.

Oh ok, I thought he looked the same as the guy from previous episodes. Yeah this is the last episode, I think - I saw on Channel 4s website that they only seemed to list 3 episodes of this program.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they could have found more people willing to bob off with the 30K if they carried on trying.

Probably! It would be interesting to know how long they filmed for each situation.

The broken arms guy was an interesting one. From the moment he arrived he would be disturbing and interrupting people. To my shame I know that I'd have lost patience and moved.

This charity one is funny.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh heck, I'm sure if I'd seen the stuff outside the charity shop I would have taken it with the intention of taking it to the shop myself the next day and telling them I'd found it there but if they'd been filming me they wouldn't have believed me! :o
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed this series and it's made me wonder what I'd do in each situation. I know that I wouldn't steal, that's a no-brainer for me, but I don't know how far I'd let something go before I had to speak up.
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    Probably! It would be interesting to know how long they filmed for each situation.

The broken arms guy was an interesting one. From the moment he arrived he would be disturbing and interrupting people. To my shame I know that I'd have lost patience and moved.

This charity one is funny.

Well I'm socially awkward anyway, I'd have bobbed off before his phone had started ringing foreseeing some distressing human interaction.

Surprised by Tonbridge though, lots of people just seemed to ignore it altogether.
    That said I wouldn't have expected anyone to leave a PS3 outside the shop, I'd have assumed they used the nearest box for some other white good, books or something.
    Forum Member
    I have to re-think the charity one.

I don't know what a PS3 is and would have passed by without a glance but what if it had been a designer handbag which I coveted?

Discarded and sitting there for the taking.
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    I've enjoyed this series and it's made me wonder what I'd do in each situation. I know that I wouldn't steal, that's a no-brainer for me, but I don't know how far I'd let something go before I had to speak up.

Cab driver, I hear similar sort of stuff (bit milder) every few weeks in the building game.
    I don't fight against it too much with my mouth, disinterest usually slows them down and they leave the subject alone.
    I also hear a lot of confirmation bias, if someone's bad at something it must be because they're a foreigner.
    That said the most ignorant bloke we have to deal with (as in won't pay attention mentally) is English.
    He's had a fair few F's thrown into him, makes no difference though.

Hairdressers, shame they couldn't get a few blokes in there and see their reaction.
    In my case once I get to the point of opening my mouth it results it a lot of anger, expletives and hints or out and out threats of violence.
    It's no way to educate someone as to your point of view :)
    Forum Member
    Cab driver, I hear similar sort of stuff (bit milder) every few weeks in the building game.
    I don't fight against it too much with my mouth, disinterest usually slows them down and they leave the subject alone.
    I also hear a lot of confirmation bias, if someone's bad at something it must be because they're a foreigner.
    That said the most ignorant bloke we have to deal with (as in won't pay attention mentally) is English.
    He's had a fair few F's thrown into him, makes no difference though.

Hairdressers, shame they couldn't get a few blokes in there and see their reaction.
    In my case once I get to the point of opening my mouth it results it a lot of anger, expletives and hints or out and out threats of violence.It's no way to educate someone as to your point of view :)

Fair enough Prince. It's why I like your posts. You don't pussyfoot around and you know your own mind.
  • buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ref the Taxi part of the show with the racist driver last night.

WHY did they not interview the two racist passengers afterwards when all the others were spoken to :D
    Forum Member
    buttsfife wrote: »
    Ref the Taxi part of the show with the racist driver last night.

WHY did they not interview the two racist passengers afterwards when all the others were spoken to :D

Probably like the bloke who made off with the dropped money they didn't want to be interviewed on national TV and didn't give clearance for their faces to be shown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there only 3 episodes of this? Will there be more? I hope so.. I've really enjoyed it