The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a brilliant episode! :) My favourite yet! I love Klaus! :o:D
    Loved the Caroline and Klaus (:o) connection in this ep. First time that Klaus actually looked happy since he made his first appearance, hope shes actually starting to like him, not just messing him around again. Those 2 are the only reason I enjoyed this episode and I actually found myself smiling at all their scenes.

The ending with Elena and Damon was cute but all the sire theory seems like BS to me. She likes him end-off. I don't remember the others being sired. :rolleyes: Last time I checked when I was crushing on someone hard, everything they said made sense even if they were discussing the existence of unicorns and rainbow monkeys who were in the middle of a war with carebears for the cloud lands. :D

I found it funny how the actors at the end were proper going for it. Cute couple. :D

Gosh I've written so much. Will watch this episode again just for the Klaroline scenes. :D

Kiss me by Ed Sheeran...my fav song at the moment...:o

Next week!!! :D
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Whilst I really do enjoy this show, it seems that the characters have no concept of past transgressions. I think Caroline (and Elena) are the only two Vampires we know of who haven't gone on a killing spree. Caroline has only killed once, accidentally, and Elena has only killed that one Hunter (apparently cause of Damon).

All the others though; mass murderers, but it's okay because people are friends / in love with them.

Lets take Klaus; whilst his character sure is interesting, and the guy the plays him does a wonderful job, he's pretty much selfless and has caused all sorts of atrocities through his life. He's put Elena through hell, he's put the Salvatores though hell, he's even caused friction between Caroline and Tyler, yet, it seems that Caroline is eventually going to fall for him. Does she lack common sense?

And then you've got Elena and Damon. Damon isn't so different from Klaus in the sense that he's also selfish. Klaus' week spot is Caroline, Damon's is Elena. Other than that, they're very similar; they only care about themselves, and it doesn't matter who gets hurt in the process. I suppose the only difference is Damon doesn't want Stefan dead where Klaus has killed his family over and over; though in that thought, removing those daggers will bring them back so I suppose they're not dead as such.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Whilst I really do enjoy this show, it seems that the characters have no concept of past transgressions. I think Caroline (and Elena) are the only two Vampires we know of who haven't gone on a killing spree. Caroline has only killed once, accidentally, and Elena has only killed that one Hunter (apparently cause of Damon).

All the others though; mass murderers, but it's okay because people are friends / in love with them.

Lets take Klaus; whilst his character sure is interesting, and the guy the plays him does a wonderful job, he's pretty much selfless and has caused all sorts of atrocities through his life. He's put Elena through hell, he's put the Salvatores though hell, he's even caused friction between Caroline and Tyler, yet, it seems that Caroline is eventually going to fall for him. Does she lack common sense?

And then you've got Elena and Damon. Damon isn't so different from Klaus in the sense that he's also selfish. Klaus' week spot is Caroline, Damon's is Elena. Other than that, they're very similar; they only care about themselves, and it doesn't matter who gets hurt in the process. I suppose the only difference is Damon doesn't want Stefan dead where Klaus has killed his family over and over; though in that thought, removing those daggers will bring them back so I suppose they're not dead as such.

You're missing the point though. They're vampires. They weren't cold hearted killers as human beings. Becoming a vampire changes everything, but the feeling is that deep down inside, they're not bad people. I mean honestly, they've shown that what you're saying is wrong. Damon cares about more people than the characters themselves believe. He struggled once Alark was killed, showing how much he cared for him. He clearly cares for Elena. Countless times they've shown how much he cares about Stefan deep down.

This season has been great, but I hated that ending of the sire stuff. It'll be ridiculous if it turns out that the only reason this Damon/Elena stuff happened is because she is seemingly sired. Hopefully that's not the road they go down and it's simply Caroline/Stefan clinging on to any possible reason for Elena falling for him.

Tyler is of course still alive, that's never a good thing. Is it asking too much for Klaus to brutally kill him? Please?

Talking of Klaus, I'll be gutted if they kill him off at the end of this season or anytime before then. Such a brilliant character, but I get the feeling it's only a matter of time. Love the stuff with him and Caroline.

No Bonnie in this episode, fantastic. Can she die alongside Tyler please? :p

Oh and I'm really missing Rebecca, hoping we haven't seen the last of her!
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Becoming a vampire changes everything, but the feeling is that deep down inside, they're not bad people.
    I don't remember Caroline changing that much.
    Damon cares about more people than the characters themselves believe. He struggled once Alark was killed, showing how much he cared for him.
    Forgot about Alaric.
    This season has been great, but I hated that ending of the sire stuff. It'll be ridiculous if it turns out that the only reason this Damon/Elena stuff happened is because she is seemingly sired. Hopefully that's not the road they go down and it's simply Caroline/Stefan clinging on to any possible reason for Elena falling for him.
    You're obviously a Damon-Elena fan huh? I'm the opposite and would rather have Elena with Stefan, so am hoping this sire business is the reason, and to be truthfully honest, it's more likely to be the case. I don't think they'd have brought it up if they (the writers) were just going to brush it off later.
    Talking of Klaus, I'll be gutted if they kill him off at the end of this season or anytime before then. Such a brilliant character, but I get the feeling it's only a matter of time. Love the stuff with him and Caroline.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Klaus' character, just hoping Caroline doesn't get sucked in and end up with him that's all.

[QUOTE=JMTD;62677396Oh and I'm really missing Rebecca, hoping we haven't seen the last of her![/QUOTE]Her and Elijah. I want them both back!

What's with the Tyler and Bonnie hate by the way?
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I don't remember Caroline changing that much.

Forgot about Alaric.

You're obviously a Damon-Elena fan huh? I'm the opposite and would rather have Elena with Stefan, so am hoping this sire business is the reason, and to be truthfully honest, it's more likely to be the case. I don't think they'd have brought it up if they (the writers) were just going to brush it off later.

Don't get me wrong, I love Klaus' character, just hoping Caroline doesn't get sucked in and end up with him that's all.

Her and Elijah. I want them both back!

What's with the Tyler and Bonnie hate by the way?

I've hated Tyler from day one and Bonnie is one of the most annoying characters on television. Cant stand either of them, though I cant see Bonnie ever being killed off, there's always hope that Tyler will be though. I'm really worried he'll be the one to kill Klaus though and if he did, that'd take my hatred for him to a new level :p

As for Damon/Elena, I ust find it a waste if they put it all down to sire stuff, as if Elena would never have any bond or interest in Damon otherwise. Before she even turned there was a connection between the two. Of course this story is basically resulting in if she stays a vampire, she wants Damon. If she's human, she wants Stefan. Thus creating a battle between the two brothers, Damon wanting her to remain a vampire, Stefan wanting to cure her. I expect if there is a cure and they somehow find it, one of the others will get turned too.
    Forum Member
    I'm really worried he'll be the one to kill Klaus though and if he did, that'd take my hatred for him to a new level.
    Haha, I don't think you need to worry about that. I'm not expecting Tyler to be the one to kill Klaus (if he dies at all). It'll either be Jeremy or Caroline; that's who my money is on right now.
    As for Damon/Elena, I ust find it a waste if they put it all down to sire stuff, as if Elena would never have any bond or interest in Damon otherwise.
    She had an interest in him before; maybe there is more to that interest than they're currently letting on. Remember Elena is a Doppelganger, and we know Katherine mixed it up a lot with Damon and Stefan. Maybe something was passed along through her cells or something?
    I expect if there is a cure and they somehow find it, one of the others will get turned too.
    I actually expect not. Well... there are several scenario come to think of it.

#1 The Cure is a one-time thing, and only one person/vampire can be cured (thus Elena). This would make her love for Damon (sired or otherwise) fade and she'd be back with Stefan and we'd have next season with Damon in a sulk.

#2 The Cure is for multiple uses, and Stefan takes it along with Elena, though as a side effect, when he becomes Human again, he finds that he no longer feels the same toward Elena, thus she'll be the one stuck in a pickle; not wanting the one brother (Damon) but not being able to get the other because he doesn't love her any more.

#3 Klaus (still alive) becomes more involved with this, and gives Elena the cure against her will, thus restoring her to Human form. As a twist, someone else forces the cure of Klaus turning him Human (he may then be killed as a result of being mortal, or he'll remain mortal and live out his life).

#4 Unrelated to the above, but if the cure is found, I wouldn't be surprised if Elijah and Rebekah take it. Elijah occasionally has suggested that he's fed up of being immortal, and Rebekah longs for a normal life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Well according to reports Damon is left heartbroken wonder is that because the sire bond is broken.Hayley and Tyler are trying gto break the Klaus werewolf bonds.The sire must be something to do with the bloodline, Team Stelena for me .Delena is a flash in the pan que the sire bond myth.Bloody hell Im confused.
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Well according to reports Damon is left heartbroken wonder is that because the sire bond is broken.

Hayley and Tyler are trying gto break the Klaus werewolf bonds.The sire must be something to do with the bloodline,
    So, as we know, if a Hybrid turns a Werewolf that Werewolf is initially sired to the Hybrid (though this doesn't explain why other Hybrids can't create Hybrids). With Vampires, the sired event is possible (as stated by Caroline) but is extremely rare.

And we've been told that Damon and Stefan are sired to Klaus, right? I'm curious too, but if an original is killed, then all those in his bloodline keel over and die too. What happens if an original is, instead restored back to human? Do those under the bloodline die, become human themselves, or stay as they are?
    Forum Member
    So, as we know, if a Hybrid turns a Werewolf that Werewolf is initially sired to the Hybrid (though this doesn't explain why other Hybrids can't create Hybrids). With Vampires, the sired event is possible (as stated by Caroline) but is extremely rare.

And we've been told that Damon and Stefan are sired to Klaus, right? I'm curious too, but if an original is killed, then all those in his bloodline keel over and die too. What happens if an original is, instead restored back to human? Do those under the bloodline die, become human themselves, or stay as they are?

Yes the human theory,was Stefan sired because he was weaker and feeds of animals rather than humans?Damon sired Elena perhaps coz she fed off him when she was a vamp?Rumours around twitter Elena and the bros are related,I cant see that somehow hv to wait till next week spoilers havent watched new ep yet.I do like a spoiler,thanks for answering my post,you a Merlin fan as well?I am. Elena's blood can create hybrids then wouldnt she be the one doing the sire thingy?So many theories we will see, I remember that Elena or Katherine was in a flashback in season three ,I think Elena is the key.I definately think either Damon or Stefan will turn human and maybe Elena.I think the series will end in season six.Lets hope they tie up loose ends.Having season three for crimbo still going through season two.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode this week, almost made up for the delay!

Loving the theories people! Elena beng sired to Damon could be a combination of the two ideas. Damons Blood combined with her feelings for him may have combined to create the sire bond. The other factor in this is she is another Vampire created from a doppleganger, who knows what effect that may have caused (personally I think Talia will be revealed as one too - no confirmation as yet).

Caroline was adorable as ever this week, Klaroline fans may be on to something. The pair of them were great together, much better than her & Tyler. It'll take a lot for her to get over all he's done in the past tho (lets be fair it's a very long list!) Loved Klaus's face when he made the remark about telling her about being the bad guy and when he read her Miss Mystic Falls application.

Only Hybrids are sired to Klaus. All the shows non-originals just decend from his line (roughly it goes Klaus-Rose-Katherine-Stefan/Damon-Caroline/Tyler/Elena), who knows if curing him will cure his entire line). Speaking of Hybrids any idea what Hayley & Shane need with all the Hybrids being free of Klaus?
    Forum Member
    was Stefan sired because he was weaker and feeds of animals rather than humans?
    Stefan sired? You mean by Klaus? Did they ever address how that was possible, especially since Klaus hasn't forced any other Vampire to unknowingly do what he commands.
    Rumours around twitter Elena and the bros are related,I cant see that somehow hv to wait till next week spoilers havent watched new ep yet.
    That would be an epic twist if Elena happened to be the daughter of Damon or Stefan. :eek:
    you a Merlin fan as well?I am.
    Afraid I've never seen the show.
    I think the series will end in season six.Lets hope they tie up loose ends.
    I see this show going well past season 6. If needs be, they can always introduce new characters, and whilst it wont be the same, it'll still have people watching. They'll probably go for as long as they can, if they can get ten seasons out of it, they will.
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Speaking of Hybrids any idea what Hayley & Shane need with all the Hybrids being free of Klaus?
    My guess is they've got something planned around Klaus, and they need to make sure the Hybrids wont protect him. Least, that was my initial thought, up until that new lass (forgot her name already) asked the professor to leave Tyler out of it. It sounds, almost like these Hybrids will be some sort of sacrifice; though I can't work out why they'd need to be unsired for that purpose.
    Forum Member
    Flash you could be right but a mid thirty year old play a teenager.I agree if one of the original cast dosent geta big break they could be 10 seasons.Yes Stefan was sired by Klaus because he was weaker than other vamps(thats what I think).The next ep Thursday will open a can of worms.There has to be answers .Merlin brilliant.Supernatural is good but coz I havent sky cant watch anymore.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stefan and Damon were not sired to Klaus they are apparently descendants of his bloodline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stefan sired? You mean by Klaus? Did they ever address how that was possible, especially since Klaus hasn't forced any other Vampire to unknowingly do what he commands.

That would be an epic twist if Elena happened to be the daughter of Damon or Stefan. :eek:

Afraid I've never seen the show.

I see this show going well past season 6. If needs be, they can always introduce new characters, and whilst it wont be the same, it'll still have people watching. They'll probably go for as long as they can, if they can get ten seasons out of it, they will.

My guess is they've got something planned around Klaus, and they need to make sure the Hybrids wont protect him. Least, that was my initial thought, up until that new lass (forgot her name already) asked the professor to leave Tyler out of it. It sounds, almost like these Hybrids will be some sort of sacrifice; though I can't work out why they'd need to be unsired for that purpose.

John Gilbert is Elena's father. It would be icky if it had anything to do with the brothers can't imagine the show would go there.
    Thank god.

Can't say I like the idea of Elena being sired it seems like a convenient cop out by the writers and actually ruined the episode for me. There is a lot of criticism on other forums about this episode and this particular storyline.
    Forum Member
    Flash you could be right but a mid thirty year old play a teenager.
    It happens all the time. If the actor/actress looks young enough, they'll do it. Besides the fact, if they revert some of these Vampires (Elena & Caroline) back to Human form, they'll grow up with the rest of us and move into their 20's.
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    Stefan and Damon were not sired to Klaus they are apparently descendants of his bloodline.
    Whilst they weren't sired, Klaus did have a hold on Stefan that one time. I think that's what we're on about here.
    John Gilbert is Elena's father. It would be icky if it had anything to do with the brothers can't imagine the show would go there.
    Thank god.
    Sorry, wasn't exactly clear there. I don't mean Damon or Stefan actually being Elena's Dad, but rather one of them slept with Katherine and she had a child; that child being the son/daughter of Damon or Stefan, thus Elena and the Salvatores are related.
    Forum Member
    It happens all the time. If the actor/actress looks young enough, they'll do it. Besides the fact, if they revert some of these Vampires (Elena & Caroline) back to Human form, they'll grow up with the rest of us and move into their 20's.

Whilst they weren't sired, Klaus did have a hold on Stefan that one time. I think that's what we're on about here.

Sorry, wasn't exactly clear there. I don't mean Damon or Stefan actually being Elena's Dad, but rather one of them slept with Katherine and she had a child; that child being the son/daughter of Damon or Stefan, thus Elena and the Salvatores are related.

The last bit weird, if the brothers slept with Katherine and she had a child then they would be family *confused*.Nothing in tvd is simple I think Elena is blood decent from Katherine but I think Elena is sired because she fed of Damon.I think its the drinking of people's blood that bond lies.Klaus makes hybrid through Elena's blood is that right and he needed her to stay human?Hence why Klaus needs the cure, I cant see Klaus letting anyone else having cure except Elena.has for your theory Elena can age if she and few cured I can see the direction for future seasons.Elena is mid twenties she got decade to mid thirties.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Katherine's did have a child Elena is a descendent of Katherine's. Katherine didn't meet Damon and Stefan until after she was a vampire so not possible for her to have had a child with either of them.

Klaus was able to compel Stefan am guessing because he was an original but also because he was weak due to the bunny diet.
    Forum Member
    Good theory Tiger ,I will go with that.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine's did have a child Elena is a descendent of Katherine's. Katherine didn't meet Damon and Stefan until after she was a vampire so not possible for her to have had a child with either of them.

Klaus was able to compel Stefan am guessing because he was an original but also because he was weak due to the bunny diet.

Didn't Klaus compel Katherine when she was on human blood?
    He stopped her from leaving his hidding place in season 2.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    The Originals can compel other vampires (unless they start to ingest vervain e.g. Katherine at the end of Season 2) simply because they are the Originals.

Klaus compelled Stefan to switch off his human emotions in order to let his ripper side come to the fore again. He also compelled him to do other things during their time together. So it was compulsion rather than siring.

Damon and Stefan (and Caroline and Elena) are all descended from Klaus' vampire bloodline, but not human bloodline.

Interesting episode. Loved the badass Jeremyness and the fact that he can't easily be pushed around or compelled by Damon and Stefan. I love the forced conflict between him and Elena because of what they both are, yet their love for each other won't go away, despite what they've done.

For me, there's still an enormous Elijah-shaped hole in the programme. I'm counting the days to his return!
    Forum Member
    Oh Elijah yes please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Didn't Klaus compel Katherine when she was on human blood?
    He stopped her from leaving his hidding place in season 2.

Yes I remember that - guessing its because he's an original then. I do remember Stefan can't compel people because of the bunny diet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed 4.7 episode. Though I was disappointed by the ending. Instead of having a lovely romantic scene with Damon and Elena it was ruined by Caroline's blooming sired theories. If Elena is sired to Damon they'll find a way to break it as Tyler did with Klaus but even so being sired to Damon will not change Elena's feeling for him because they were there long before she was even turned, so being sired is not the reason Elena is in love with Damon. Those feelings will still be there even if the bond is broken.

I'm not as big a fan of Caroline after that. I'm interested to see if Caroline ends up falling for Klaus and if she does she won't have a leg to stand on when it comes to Damon because Klaus is a lot worse. Also I'm finding Stefan slightly annoying as he walks around with this 'holier than thou attitude' towards his brother and yet he's not that much better than Damon.

Where the cure is concern the rumours I've heard is that in the books it's Damon that becomes human but whether the producers of the tv series will go this route is another matter.
  • mooselovermooselover Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    You are correct. In the books, it is Damon who becomes human again. He then spends the next book trying to become a vampire again, which he does .
    I lost track of what Elena is in the books, she was human, then a spirit, then a vampire then a human again I think, I cant remember what she is now. I do read the books but like the TV show much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see Damon's reaction if he becomes human again. He won't know what to do with himself. lol.