xbox one complaints

orzieorzie Posts: 312
Forum Member
My main complaint with the new xbox is the fact the are stopping game trading and lending. All the other stuff doesn't bother me really.

Comments

• orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    There are millions of xbox live costumers so I cant see why needing to sign in every 24 hours is a real problem to people. And if you want to watch netflix use your pc/laptop like you would have before they were available on xbox360 and ps3.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orzie wrote: »
    There are millions of xbox live costumers so I cant see why needing to sign in every 24 hours is a real problem to people. And if you want to watch netflix use your pc/laptop like you would have before they were available on xbox360 and ps3.

There are 30 million xbox 360s that have never been online. Thats a huge amount of customers to lose.

Also xbox one live will not be available in all countries, so if you live in one you cannot even import a box.

If your internet connection goes down, the box is effectively a brick. No games, nothing will work. They things you have legally paid for will not work. Its like buying a car, where you have to call the dealer every day otherwise they will stop the engine firing.

The idea of "one" is that you only need one box in your lounge. You are saying to watch netflix you will need a laptop or pc? How about watching it on your tv?

If you want to watch netflix, you have to pay twice - it is behind two paywalls!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    My main complaint with the new xbox is the fact the are stopping game trading and lending. All the other stuff doesn't bother me really.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/
    Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

]You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.
    Lending games to friends on the Xbox one could be easier than ever before. It seems all you will have to do is set up a circle of friends to be in your xbox 'family' then when you set games to share those people will see all your shared games, and will be able to play them, disk free.

The only catch is that 2 people can't play the same game at the same time, just as it is today.

We don't have much more info on how this will work but it sounds good. Not sure how companies such as love film will rent games yet, but it hasn't been ruled out completely.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main X1 gripe ... Being charged £80 extra for a kinect camera I don't want!!! IF Microsoft fire out a SKU without the camera I'd consider getting one until then it's PS4 all the way!!! :cool:
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could actually look at it another way. The PS4 has a light beam on the controller which is redundant unless you pay extra for the camera.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    You could actually look at it another way. The PS4 has a light beam on the controller which is redundant unless you pay extra for the camera.

I'm not interested in Eyetoy & I'm glad I'm not paying extra for summit ill never use!!! ;)
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/

Lending games to friends on the Xbox one could be easier than ever before. It seems all you will have to do is set up a circle of friends to be in your xbox 'family' then when you set games to share those people will see all your shared games, and will be able to play them, disk free.

The only catch is that 2 people can't play the same game at the same time, just as it is today.

We don't have much more info on how this will work but it sounds good. Not sure how companies such as love film will rent games yet, but it hasn't been ruled out completely.

And that's easier than just handing someone a disk?
    Forum Member
    jim_uk wrote: »
    And that's easier than just handing someone a disk?

It is if someone you want to loan a game to lives in 2000 miles away, or if you want to loan the same game to 2 different people. Or if you only want to loan it out for a few hours for them to try, or if you want to loan out multiple games to different people, or if your afraid they may damage your disk.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    yeah, it sounds all good, but you don't really know when someone else in your 'family' might play the game you want miles away from your 'shared' account. Together we the barrier of downloading 20GB for the game.

The lending sounds good, although you can't get it back??
    Forum Member
    Chparmar wrote: »
    yeah, it sounds all good, but you don't really know when someone else in your 'family' might play the game you want miles away from your 'shared' account. Together we the barrier of downloading 20GB for the game.

The lending sounds good, although you can't get it back??

Still not sure how it works yet mate. There will probably be some way of setting a game to selecting who gets to play it and when. And the original owner should, in theory, always have the master switch that can turn a shared game to a un-shared game.

It's something I'll keep an eye on in he future.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not sure how it works yet mate. There will probably be some way of setting a game to selecting who gets to play it and when. And the original owner should, in theory, always have the master switch that can turn a shared game to a un-shared game.

It's something I'll keep an eye on in he future.

I really cant believe Microsoft will let this be easily exploited. In theory it sounds great. 10 friends pool their games together makes a superb library. It cant be that easy, can it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is if someone you want to loan a game to lives in 2000 miles away, or if you want to loan the same game to 2 different people. Or if you only want to loan it out for a few hours for them to try, or if you want to loan out multiple games to different people, or if your afraid they may damage your disk.

Only one person can play on it at a time though.
    Forum Member
    odie8391 wrote: »
    Only one person can play on it at a time though.

Hahah, everything i post 'pro-Microsoft' gets picked apart .I sometimes feel like I'm defending them when I shouldn't be. I really just want to talk about games and what both consoles will be bringing to the market next gen.

What i meant by that point is that if two of your friends want to loan a game you can loan it them both and they can both play it at separate times rather than you pick up the disk from one to give to another. Its just less messing about is all.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    would prefer if they concentrated on a console for gaming not an all round entertainment system , the price is also ridiculous so for that reason I am out:D
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahah, everything i post 'pro-Microsoft' gets picked apart .I sometimes feel like I'm defending them when I shouldn't be. I really just want to talk about games and what both consoles will be bringing to the market next gen.

What i meant by that point is that if two of your friends want to loan a game you can loan it them both and they can both play it at separate times rather than you pick up the disk from one to give to another. Its just less messing about is all.

That is a great feature if it works like that. It just sounds a bit hypocritical from Microsoft thats all. On one hand they wont let you give your discs (physical game) to other people or sell them freely but they will let you pass them digitally to 10 people who you may never have actually met in person.
    Forum Member
    Most people really just want to share games with their friends locally, very easily

Not download from a shared account or any other confusing method.
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    would prefer if they concentrated on a console for gaming not an all round entertainment system , the price is also ridiculous so for that reason I am out:D

Ok, i understand that Microsoft are fools. They have even made myself doubt my decision to buy the next console. But do we really need someone in every single thread to pop in to say they aren't getting the Xbox one?

I feel that real discussions are being jeopardised by this seemingly strange hate campaign at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Most people really just want to share games with their friends locally, very easily

Not download from a shared account or any other confusing method.

It all depends, i agree that it would be easier in some situations to just pass a disk over. But there are many situations where this could work better.

I could potentially loan my library of games to other DS members for example.
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    From the way it was described the catch with the family sharing is that only one of your extended 'family' can access your library of games at any one time. So you get to play your stuff and one other person gets to play one of your games (and probably not the same game as you are playing either). That is not going to work as a game sharing club for 10 people. It really only works for 2 consoles with multiple log ins. The sort of thing you might find in a normal gaming household now.

Oh and ofc you need to pay for gold to get it whereas sharing stuff around the family is free as of now and not limited to one game at a time.
    Forum Member
    I feel that real discussions are being jeopardised by this seemingly strange hate campaign at the moment.

Because Microsoft are forcing a entire new business model. If they suceed, the entire industry has to follow their new philosophy in regards to physical media.

Thankfully, I don't think they will.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its very interesting though, so many people have turned allegenices over this

gaming breeds zealots, its not good but it happens

when i was a teenager i used to have huge n64 vs ps1 arguments(n64 4 life lol) but now im older i dont get it, i work with a guy who refuses to give sony any credit and counters every argument agaisnt the one with silly answers like"why would you want to lend a game out? it will only get scratched" or "ill never have to use a remote control again" lol

but my point is that its normally hard to stop die hard company men buying the machine they are intent on buying,but with this big brother sillyness microsft have thrown customers at sony, loads of them it seems

i myself own a 360 and love it but am leaning towards sony ps4 for next gen even though i always thought id go with microsoft because of the superior controller

just think its interesting thats all
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Ok, i understand that Microsoft are fools. They have even made myself doubt my decision to buy the next console. But do we really need someone in every single thread to pop in to say they aren't getting the Xbox one?

i'm sorry i must have misread the thread title, i thought this was a thread to list your complaints about the xbox one and those are my complaints. I have been an Xbox fan for many years and was looking forward to what was coming next but this has disappointed me and wont be getting it, has nothing to do with some 'strange hate campaign'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Because Microsoft are forcing a entire new business model. If they suceed, the entire industry has to follow their new philosophy in regards to physical media.

Thankfully, I don't think they will.

It's not a new business model though... it is the same one as Steam and IOS, but with some extra sharing and license transfer capabilities.
    Forum Member
    It's not a new business model though... it is the same one as Steam and IOS, but with some extra sharing and license transfer capabilities.

It is a new business practice at the very least. Physical media and digital downloads are two seperate entities anyway and should be treated as such.

MSFT are trying to merge the two and I don't think the consumer should stand for it.
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    i'm sorry i must have misread the thread title, i thought this was a thread to list your complaints about the xbox one and those are my complaints. I have been an Xbox fan for many years and was looking forward to what was coming next but this has disappointed me and wont be getting it, has nothing to do with some 'strange hate campaign'

In that case i think it maybe me who has read the op wrong. I thought it was a discussion about trading and lending.

I apologise, if you felt i was singling you out, that was not my intention.

Carry on...