[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
Forum Member
Amazing performance!!
http://wp.me/p2EAVa-3Lm

Comments

• rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Madonna was a lot better last year.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her personally, think she can dance and perform well and I love her voice but her songs bore me rigid and I don't rate her material at all
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She puts on a good show (well her team do) and she can dance, but why does she never really sing?

All as she does is sing one line, shout a lot at the crowd and pose a lot.
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland and that other one looked a bit desperate, gate crashing Beyonce's big moment and singing her songs (with their microphones virtually turned off).
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Dizzle wrote: »
    Beyonce did. Kelly Rowland and that other one looked a bit desperate, gate crashing Beyonce's big moment and singing her songs (with their microphones virtually turned off).

:confused: You do know they were invited, right? That being said Michelle Williams was rubbish. Kelly was fine.
  • 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Although I feel Beyonce is talented I find her hugely overrated even when Destiny's Child went solo I always thought Beyonce would be the huge star as it was her Father that pushed her.

I guess also Beyonce has more appeal than Kelly and Michelle.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was PHENOMENAL - I'm currently crying a tiny bit in the school library I swear to you.

I LOVED the opening when she posed in front of her figure, I got SO many goosebumps when she was like 'dirtywhine' in Baby Boy, and the arrangement of Halo was incredible.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited for her tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I loved it!!!! Even Michelle got a pass this time around. Kelly did that single ladies dance like she created it. Beyonce was Beyonce, there's nothing positive I can say about here that hasn't already been said. Their weaves were immaculate too.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was so predictable.

She is such a boring performer.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I found ok but nothing spectacular.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I originally didn't want the reunion to happen there, but I'm glad I did. They all looked so great together and it was nice to see them perform. It was short, but considering she only had 13 mins to perform I think it made sense. It was cool seeing them do Single Ladies and seeing Kelly and Michelle doing the dance.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    This was PHENOMENAL - I'm currently crying a tiny bit in the school library I swear to you.

I LOVED the opening when she posed in front of her figure, I got SO many goosebumps when she was like 'dirtywhine' in Baby Boy, and the arrangement of Halo was incredible.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited for her tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the opening bit when the figure was made out of fire as well :) She performed really well (watched a bit on YT) and looked fabulous :eek: The rest of DC looked great too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was a great show for me at least the set list was a complete mess both Bey`s & DC`s
    Beyonce`s great performer but as a few others have said boring & predictable & it showed she doesn`t have that many "iconic" songs really (solo at least) considered how hyped she is, all great catchy song yes iconic no
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Hahaha ok im not even a Beyonce "stan" but seriously everyone on here just sounds miserable. Credit where credits due, she was absolutely incredible - I would like someone to pick a better performer of this generation. Kelly was fantastic and looked the best out of all three and yes Michelle was slightly weaker but overall it was an excellent show. Also, I have no words for the intro, it was just amazing/goosebumps/fierce/iconic - i wish she'd continued with 'girls' though instead of 'love on top'.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was incredible.

A bit much Baby Boi for my liking, had Sean(a) Paul been there then maybe it would have warranted such a long performance, but it shouldn't have had so long, then no Say My Name.

But performance wise, and vocally she was flawless as ever.

Seeing Destiny's Child together again lead me to applaud in my living room at 2am I was SO excited. I don't know about Kelly or Michelle, but I certainly couldn't Handle It!
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    87Ben wrote: »
    Although I feel Beyonce is talented I find her hugely overrated even when Destiny's Child went solo I always thought Beyonce would be the huge star as it was her Father that pushed her.

I guess also Beyonce has more appeal than Kelly and Michelle.

Obviously. That's what happens when dad is your manager. And we all know why Bey appeals to people. She's like the middle of a creme egg all mixed together.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    That intro was amazing :D
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    An amazing performance. I thought the DC segment was slightly rushed but still good. Having said that, I don't even think she needed any other act on that stage with her. She was killing it all on her own, unlike last year where I personally feel Madonna needed the guests to give it that extra oomph.

I can sort of see where those saying the setlist highlights her lack of 'massive hits' are coming from though in a way. I don't think it helps that two of her biggest singles, If I Were A Boy and Irreplaceable ,are both man-hating break-up ballads that really wouldn't suit the Superbowl.

Seeing End Of Time live affirmed for me that it should have been 4's lead single; promoted properly it could have been a massive hit.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying she doesn't have a good back catalogue are talking crap:

Crazy In Live
    Baby Boy
    Naughty Girl
    Deja Vu
    Irreplaceable
    Listen
    If I Were A Boy
    Single Ladies
    Sweet Dreams
    Halo
    Love On Top
    Countdown
    End Of Time

To name a few
    Forum Member
    People saying she doesn't have a good back catalogue are talking crap:

Crazy In Live
    Baby Boy
    Naughty Girl
    Deja Vu
    Irreplaceable
    Listen
    If I Were A Boy
    Single Ladies
    Sweet Dreams
    Halo
    Love On Top
    Countdown
    End Of Time

To name a few

Oh yes, I certainly agree she has a good back-catalogue. 4 is my favourite album of hers and that without question has the least hits. However, I do understand that she could be seen to have a lack of memorable, massive songs that the casual listener will know and be able to bop along too. Particularly ones suitable for a show with such a massive global audience like the Superbowl.

Another thing about her performance, I loved that she performed Baby Boy. A great song that actually was quite a big R'n'B hit at the time, but not a predictable choice in the slightest. Not heard it in a while, was very pleasantly surprised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the entrance from Destinys child was amazing!!!!!! Beyonce slaaaaaayed
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    She was amazing as was the Dsetiny's Child Medley I loved it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Oh yes, I certainly agree she has a good back-catalogue. 4 is my favourite album of hers and that without question has the least hits. However, I do understand that she could be seen to have a lack of memorable, massive songs that the casual listener will know and be able to bop along too. Particularly ones suitable for a show with such a massive global audience like the Superbowl.

Another thing about her performance, I loved that she performed Baby Boy. A great song that actually was quite a big R'n'B hit at the time, but not a predictable choice in the slightest. Not heard it in a while, was very pleasantly surprised.

Crazy In Love & Single Ladies are two of the most iconic songs of this generation [some artists are lucky to get even one] and the rest are recognised hits - i think youre forgetting Beyonce has been on the scene since 1997, thats SIXTEEN years. So even if someone was 40 in the audience they wouldve been about 24 when DC blew up , i think youre underestimating how many people know her hits especially in America where radio eats her stuff up.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same old shouty performance as always
    Forum Member
    Crazy In Love & Single Ladies are two of the most iconic songs of this generation [some artists are lucky to get even one] and the rest are recognised hits - i think youre forgetting Beyonce has been on the scene since 1997, thats SIXTEEN years. So even if someone was 40 in the audience they wouldve been about 24 when DC blew up , i think youre underestimating how many people know her hits especially in America where radio eats her stuff up.

I'm not disputing any of what you say. I just can see where people saying she doesn't have enough MASSIVE songs suitable for the Superbowl are coming from. As I also said previously, a lot of her biggest songs are that of the female empowerment/break-up song variety which wouldn't really suit the vibe of the night, so that pretty much cancels out the 'lack of hits' criticism anyway. The fact that her set pretty much consisted of her stand-out positive vibe tracks is a testament to that.

So, if anything it's another plus point for her. The show was very well thought out in the context of the time and the place, rather than just a live best of showcase of her hits.