Help needed with regards to BT Infinity/Fibre

OK, I am quite naive when it comes to this but would like to know if I am right in believing it won't make no odds to me getting Infinity/Fibre as I don't look to gain sod all from it. Below is the results I received when checking my Telephone number via Broadband Availability Checker from BT:

Available Products

Featured Products
WBC FTTC Up to 3.2 Up to 0.9 -- 31-Mar-13
ADSL Max Up to 3 -- 2 to 6 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available

It doesn't look like we will gain anything?? It says at the moment we should get up to 3, well we get 1.5. According to above even once enabled I will get basically nothing more, am I right?

And just as an example, someone that lives 5 minutes down the Road from me on the same Exchange, the same Cabinet will receive the following:

WBC FTTC Up to 55.9 Up to 18 -- 31-Mar-13
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far away from the cabinet are the two properties? I find it hard to believe that one would get 3.2Mb/s and the other 56Mb/s. That would imply one is right on top of the cabinet and the other is several miles away.

I'd be more inclined to believe the decimal point is in the wrong place and it should be 32Mb/s. Either that or you have a particularly crappy bit of wet string between you and the cabinet.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT wholesale site tells me I can get 60.7mb downloads speeds and 20mb upload on Infitity and im servied by cabinet 33 but 97% of the time I get near 70mb download speeds and get just over 13mb upload speeds.

Darren