Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Chem wrote: »
Speaking off The lovely Saturdays. Their management got them really good promotion with the Vevo lift thingy (manage to get that, but no news on their radio tour). I wonder what LM's label has got planned for them. Hopefully talk shows. What to see how they are in American TV. Very exciting.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1770442

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      We're onto Part 5 now. This is impressive. :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
      Forum Member
      Speaking off The lovely Saturdays. Their management got them really good promotion with the Vevo lift thingy (manage to get that, but no news on their radio tour). I wonder what LM's label has got planned for them. Hopefully talk shows. What to see how they are in American TV. Very exciting.

(I had to quote it from part 4 lol.)

What's the Vevo lift thingy? :o Is it for the US promo or...?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      nooneoo wrote: »
      (I had to quote it from part 4 lol.)

What's the Vevo lift thingy? :o Is it for the US promo or...?
      The Vevo lift, so when anyone is watching vevo video from youtube, it will appear on the side on every vevo video (i think). A lot of people watch Vevo on youtube, so it's good promo.
      Edit: I do think it's for the US
      Vevo will do Little videos, where they talk to the artist.
      Forum Member
      Chem wrote: »
      The Vevo lift, so when anyone is watching vevo video from youtube, it will appear on the side on every vevo video (i think). A lot of people watch Vevo on youtube, so it's good promo.
      Edit: I do think it's for the US

Is it the background pic behind the player and the little banner underneath? I think LM got those for their singles as well :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Is it the background pic behind the player and the little banner underneath? I think LM got those for their singles as well :)

No, it's videos on the right hand side of the youtube screen, that appear on every vevo channel.

Edit: I'm just interested on what type of promo they got. Any promo is good :D
    • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Part 5! Haha was wondering when we were getting one :D As seen by my earlier post in 4

Top 12 posters from Part 4: 6th for me! Thats the lowest I have been in all 5 parts! lol
      Who Posted? Total Posts: 4,137 User Name Posts

casualviewer 789

nooneoo 599

Rayforever 425

LandslideBrad 317

PJ River 255

1992 247

Chem 243

davem1234 210

Letsjustgo27 155

aldu 125

Dazzled3 117

shaunnashines 110
    • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I can't quote from part 4 but indeed it is a very good thing that the girls have one single twitter account. Otherwise, there is this idea of competition (who will get the most followers). For the Sats, I think it is very negative.
      Forum Member
      1992 wrote: »
      Part 5! Haha was wondering when we were getting one :D As seen by my earlier post in 4

Top 12 posters from Part 4: 6th for me! Thats the lowest I have been in all 5 parts! lol

Aww I'm no longer the #1 poster :( lol.

How did you find this info 1992? There seems to be no such option for me :confused:
      Forum Member
      Does anyone remember why they deleted their personal accounts in the first place? Was it due to haters comments or the non-stop increase in Perrie's popularity? If I remember correctly they deleted the accounts after Perrie and Zayn got together didn't they?

Tbh though, if someone wants to make up a competition, there will always be one, even though they don't have personal accounts now, people can still refer to the number of retweets and favourites each girl's tweet gets, and let's be honest, Perrie's tweets get way more response than the other girls.

I also find it funny how the girls (and their management) don't use Facebook a lot, but the number of likes they get for each post are crazy. For the exact same picture, on twitter you only get like 1k retweets and 1k favourites, but on Facebook there are often 10k+ likes.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Facebook has way more users than twitter.

Otherwise, Perrie's fans are mainly 1D fans.
    • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Aww I'm no longer the #1 poster :( lol.

How did you find this info 1992? There seems to be no such option for me :confused:

On The Main XF page on any thread under replies click the number :)

If it makes you feel better your currently the #1 poster on Part 5 ;)
      Does anyone remember why they deleted their personal accounts in the first place? Was it due to haters comments or the non-stop increase in Perrie's popularity? If I remember correctly they deleted the accounts after Perrie and Zayn got together didn't they

" It was a group decison as we want it to be easy for the mixers to find out all the news in one place" The girls said something like that on This Morning back in May.

I also think it was because Jesy didn't have one.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Does anyone remember why they deleted their personal accounts in the first place? Was it due to haters comments or the non-stop increase in Perrie's popularity? If I remember correctly they deleted the accounts after Perrie and Zayn got together didn't they?

I remember them mentioning that it was due to keep everything in one place.....similar to JLS which are also with modest. 1D don't do it as they were born on twitter,

Edit: I actually like it because I didn't have to scroll down to find Jade, Leigh-Anne & Perrie on my Twitter timeline. Such a hassel when you you're following like 500 people
    • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      PJ River wrote: »

Talk about getting slaughtered! LM landslide victory looming there. :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      At the same time, Demi's song is utter shite.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      At the same time, Demi's song is utter shite.

I think its a really good song. I'm actually surprised LM are winning because Demi seems popular in the USA
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Again, Demi's music is not my generation.
    • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

(Probably not :p)

Song doesn't appeal to me either......too screechy!!;)
    • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
      Forum Member
      An America Radio DJ has said to fans the girls will be over there sometime after St patricks day but before April fools day
      https://twitter.com/BringLMtoMA/status/306957898448252928/photo/1

Not sure how true it is because all the other DJ's are giving nothing away just keep saying they are waiting for management and the label to give them the go ahead to announce it
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
      Forum Member
      All the girls get the attention in different ways. Of course Perrie got the most attention from people since she's with Zayn, but I think Jesy got more attention from the press in interviews, she's the most talkative (unlike Perrie) and is often quoted. Leigh Anne is all about fashion, although she doesnt always hit the right oufit, I think she gets the most attention for her clothes. Jade is like, the favorite of the hardcore mixers, she doesnt get much attention from the press (remember the Brits?), but she is like hardocore mixers sweetheart.

I dont know if its very accurate but thats how I see it.
      Forum Member
      Bax1999 wrote: »
      All the girls get the attention in different ways. Of course Perrie got the most attention from people since she's with Zayn, but I think Jesy got more attention from the press in interviews, she's the most talkative (unlike Perrie) and is often quoted. Leigh Anne is all about fashion, although she doesnt always hit the right oufit, I think she gets the most attention for her clothes. Jade is like, the favorite of the hardcore mixers, she doesnt get much attention from the press (remember the Brits?), but she is like hardocore mixers sweetheart.

I dont know if its very accurate but thats how I see it.

What happened at the Brits?

Yeah, Jesy definitely gets the most media attention, and very often not in a good way :(. Leigh-Anne gets a lot of reports when she goes on a night out :D, and people seem to be taking more notice of her now! Frankly Perrie despite being the most popular one, I haven't seen much headlines about her, unless it's associated with Zayn/1D/LM. I think Jade is most popular among non-fans, she's supposed to be the Cheryl Cole of the group (according to press :rolleyes:), but somehow she actually gets the least media attention. Weird.
    • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Rayforever wrote: »
      An America Radio DJ has said to fans the girls will be over there sometime after St patricks day but before April fools day
      https://twitter.com/BringLMtoMA/status/306957898448252928/photo/1

Isnt that sort of in line with what we've guessed already? We knew Columbia told radio stations LM was coming for a big push in March, and we know LM are doing a doll signing March 5 so that leaves the latter half of the month.

Jesy gets the most media attention on her own, but I notice its Jade and Leigh-Anne who are quoted the most for hard info in the interviews.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      997 NOW ‏@997now

Before we get to the #DebateAt8 tonight, @STRAWBERRYradio is going to play "Wings" by @LittleMixOffic so tune to @997NOW at 8pm

I've been monitoring this station in SF and that other one in Sacramento, and they have very consistently been playing Wings between 7-8 PM and around 10 PM every day, and they always get a Tweet response. So thats good.

https://twitter.com/997now/status/306632132321767424
    • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
      Forum Member
      Isnt that sort of in line with what we've guessed already? We knew Columbia told radio stations LM was coming for a big push in March, and we know LM are doing a doll signing March 5 so that leaves the latter half of the month.

Jesy gets the most media attention on her own, but I notice its Jade and Leigh-Anne who are quoted the most for hard info in the interviews.

I didn't think it would be late March i thought it would be late next week tbh because They still have this hair dye photo call/ promo work with capital to do and that's out the early April. (unless its all done before they go)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      "It's not daunting. It's exciting," says Pinnock of a potential U.S. takeover. "It's always been our dream from the start -- we always said we wanted to be international, so we're just going to work our bones off and hopefully it works out for us."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/1549928/little-mix-discusses-wings-crazy-fans-and-us-takeover

I'm assuming her phrasing doesnt imply dropping in for 2 weeks then flitting off. But then again, who knows.

One thing I'm dead certain about is that their team will want to make a big splash when they land in the US, so look for some of the designated fan sites to be tweeting their followers about meeting them at the airport.
    This discussion has been closed.