"New" German HD channels (Astra 19.2)

I have a Comag SL100HD box which has always behaved. Since the changes to German channels on Astra in the last couple of days whilst "old" HD channels (ZDF, Servus etc) are ok, the new ones - especially the ARD family - are all jittering madly (for want of a better word). Am I suffering the result of old software and missed updates showing up or are the channels to blame? Signal levels are all OK.

Comments

• giannigianni Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not alone. I was watching Star Trek on (I think) ZDF-Neo HD and it was jumping around very jerkily.

That's on a Topfield 7700. I checked and it was broadcasting 720p. My receiver is set to rescale to 1080i.
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Have the same issue hear, Wolverhampton

Channels Affected for me are WDR HD and variants, BR Nord HD, NDR FS HD, Pheonex HD, ARTE HD, DAS ERSTRE HD,

Most of the above have Signal Int 86% Signal Q 49 - 60 % with wild flutuations.

(WDR HD on 12604/22000H has sound but no picture now!
    Signal Inte 86% and Signal Q 75%)

On some of these it causes my box to re-boot, :cry: had a fiddle with the dish, and did improve the signal slightly but had no effect on these hd channels.

I too thought i maybe my cheap Labgear box but who knows, could be a signal issue,

All other HD Channels are fine:D
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched any length of programmes on the new HD channels,but have recorded programmes on them,and have noticed in the past two days,that the receiver,(Vantage 8000S HD pvr),when switched on,is recovering from a reboot every time and was wondering what was causing the frequent reboots,which I hadn't experienced before.
    The German forums are also reporting that its affecting many brands of receivers,so its not at our end.
    Lets hope its resolved quickly for everyone affected.
  • wombat66wombat66 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davetech wrote: »
    Have the same issue hear, Wolverhampton

Channels Affected for me are WDR HD and variants, BR Nord HD, NDR FS HD, Pheonex HD, ARTE HD, DAS ERSTRE HD,

ost of the above have Signal Int 86% Signal Q 49 - 60 % with wild flutuations.

(WDR HD on 12604/22000H has sound but no picture now!
    Signal Inte 86% and Signal Q 75%)

On some of these it causes my box to re-boot, :cry: had a fiddle with the dish, and did improve the signal slightly but had no effect on these hd channels.

I too thought i maybe my cheap Labgear box but who knows, could be a signal issue,

All other HD Channels are fine:D
    See post number 79 on the next thread. The problems are admitted, but they suggest only affects cheapo boxes not 'better ' boxes and Linux system receivers.
    Forum Member
    I think that maybe the case cheapo box :cry:, but I am thinking about getting a German HD+ box with the year sub, total cost is about 180 notes, but you get many many channels, the only downside is I don;t understand to much german :confused: - but i'm willing to learn if just for the damm value for money! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the Topfield 7700 is a "better" box, albeit a few years old.
  • staticmanstaticman Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I was wondering why people were complaining about picture quality in the other thread, I watched some of the concerts on pop around the clock on the new 3sat HD channel yesterday and I was very impressed. I'm using a Technomate 5402-HD.
  • adc82140adc82140 Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mess on the Openbox S9- Das Erste is unwatchable
    Forum Member
    adc82140 wrote: »
    It's a mess on the Openbox S9- Das Erste is unwatchable

Is it intermittent or is it constantly unwatchable?
    As I'm watching Das Erste at the moment on the Vantage 8000S HD pvr,and haven't experienced anything for the past five minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's intermittent- can be OK for 5 minutes or so, then looks like a stop-motion animation for the next 5
  • mw963mw963 Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched for any length of time but I haven't noticed any problems on an Aston Simba Fransat HD box. I'll have a proper look tomorrow, and compare and contrast with a Humax 5000 TNTsat HD box....
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Is it intermittent or is it constantly unwatchable?
    As I'm watching Das Erste at the moment on the Vantage 8000S HD pvr,and haven't experienced anything for the past five minutes.

Is this the HD Version or the SD
  • KarlHydeKarlHyde Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is being discussed in German forums as well, so fear not - you're not alone. ;)

I called the ZDF viewers' hotline (for a different reason) on Monday, and there was a taped announcement about audio problems on the new HD channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gianni wrote: »
    Well the Topfield 7700 is a "better" box, albeit a few years old.

See www.digitalfernsehen.de The Topfield is mentioned among the makes affected by the problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wombat66 wrote: »
    See www.digitalfernsehen.de The Topfield is mentioned among the makes affected by the problems.

The full address is

www.digitalfernsehen.de/HDTV-...n.85616.0.html then use the translator if not fluent in German
    Forum Member
    Had a look through the german forums, seem they may be passing the buck, either Cheapo box or new software,

But if they want people to watch they may need to adjust there encoding as it seem 1000's are affected.

Just wanted to ask, anyone have the new HD+ sub with the certified box have any issue with these channels concerned not the sub channels! the free ones that we have issues on

As these boxes where designed for the new HD+ system with Ci+ card.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put them all on other sat (Panasonic tv TXLD28 ) all perfect this morning

Just for interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dug out my old Lyngbox LB-1- all channels working perfectly on that- at least it's good for something
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    Is this the HD Version or the SD

The HD version.
    I recorded both Das Erste HD and ZDF HD,for half an hour,and the Vantage 8000S HD pvr,had no problems.
  • J LeninJ Lenin Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZDF channels are very jumpy on my technomate - this is not a cheap receiver. I can't believe that those responsable for these channels are not going to try to rectify this. That would be a great pity as I like German TV and watch a fair bit of it - I suppose I'll have to tune the SD versions back in.
  • mw963mw963 Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's any comfort I doubt the Germans won't want to do something to rectify the problem. Like so many organisations nowadays their problem is in "owning up and doing something" at the time. My guess is that the problem will suddenly "disappear" but we'll never be told how and why.

cf Astra 2D - like many others I have a feeling that Astra SES aren't telling us something about what happened there and why it was shut down so suddenly.
  • PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using an Xbox 360 as a Media Center extender (Motorized dish connected to a HTPC and signal shared throughout the house), the new German HD channels seem to be working fine through that. Surprising, as that thing isn't exactly forgiving when it comes to weird encoding issues, as Microsoft can't ever seem to be bothered to update it's codecs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone having this problem with a Pioneer KRP-600A?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have some of these HD transponders been taken off air,ZDFs for example, or has lyngsat got it wrong
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/Astra-1H-1KR-1L-1M-2C.html
    had difficulty finding them Sunday & this morning.