Huawei Ascend G300 or G330

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
Forum Member
I am contemplating selling my existing phone and buying one of these.

I was looking for some opinions on these phones, which one is better and positive and negative points to both of these...

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Caralee1 wrote: »
    I am contemplating selling my existing phone and buying one of these.

I was looking for some opinions on these phones, which one is better and positive and negative points to both of these...

Thanks for the help :)

Can’t speak for the G330 but would not recommend the G300 as the screen is not great to use – it often needs a few prods to get going. A shame really as apart from that it’s a nice phone with a large, clear display. The G330 may have solved the issue.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the reviews I have read has the G330 being better then G300 in every way except maybe cost as G300 gets phased out.
  • Mike_PMike_P Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    The G330 was apparently going to be in shops in time for Christmas, its getting very tight.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Mike_P wrote: »
    The G330 was apparently going to be in shops in time for Christmas, its getting very tight.

What happened to this phone? It reminds me of the Ascend D Quad all over again:/ Announced early and then no word until forever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Both are available where I am (in Ireland)
    Forum Member
    Both are available where I am (in Ireland)

Really, which network? Contract/payG? Price?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Really, which network? Contract/payG? Price?

Available on Vodafone and emobile networks. I think around the 150 Euro mark on prepay
    Forum Member
    Available on Vodafone and emobile networks. I think around the 150 Euro mark on prepay

Cheers mate,

I can't find any official retailer in the UK selling UK stock at all.

I can see all the imports (around £130 for the dual sim version) but it'd be good to see this phone released soon as if it does launch for around £129 or less then it'd be a good buy. Especially if the G300 drops to £79/89 standard price or something
  • Mike_PMike_P Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Reports in late November claimed the G330 would be available sim free for £100
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huwei Ascend Mate 6.1 inches!! It's massive! Just look at that thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdOttZJo-o&feature=player_embedded
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I find the G300 excellent for the price, especially now I have rooted mine to ICS.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this review http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/huawei-ascend-g330-1114783/review#articleContent the G330 is currently only available through TalkTalk on contract in the UK.

I can only give my verdict on the G300 I have had since last August and can say it’s a great phone for a hundred quid but I have not had any mic or screen problem like some have reported and I personally think this was just a bad batch that had naff hardware and no updating will change that so if you have a naff one on GingerBread it will still be a naff one on IceCreamSandwich.:)
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    IME putting a screen protector on this phone is a no-no if you want a good screen response (it doesn't need it anyway as it has gorilla glass).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore, I need another coffee. Posted in wrong thread.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Apparently the only better additions to the G330 is the front facing camera and the dual core processor. Build quality is pretty poor and the screen is meant to be not as good as the G300 either. Not really worth the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that the Dual Core processor in the G330 offers hardly any speed increase over the G300 due to only having 512Mb RAM, not sure if that is correct?

I thought Alcatel were supposed to be bringing out a budget smartphone called a 995 Ultra or something that is similar to the G300/G330 and features an HD screen and HDMI output, haven't seen it in shops though.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Wash wrote: »
    Apparently the only better additions to the G330 is the front facing camera and the dual core processor. Build quality is pretty poor and the screen is meant to be not as good as the G300 either. Not really worth the money.

But some people originally stated that the G300's build quality was not great but I never witnessed any evidence of this during my time with it. Surely the screen is exactly the same as on the G300? My point is it is rumoured to be the same price as the G300 was (£100) when it gets released from talktalk captivity and no matter how insignificant an upgrade on the innards is, it IS an upgrade all the same. Most of the reviews seem to be judging it at the silly £180 it's available for from unofficial 3rd party sellers.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    But some people originally stated that the G300's build quality was not great but I never witnessed any evidence of this during my time with it. Surely the screen is exactly the same as on the G300? My point is it is rumoured to be the same price as the G300 was (£100) when it gets released from talktalk captivity and no matter how insignificant an upgrade on the innards is, it IS an upgrade all the same. Most of the reviews seem to be judging it at the silly £180 it's available for from unofficial 3rd party sellers.

I've only had my G300 for a few days so it's diffcult to judge, especially as I'm upgrading from an old Nokia 6200 so have no idea what expensive smartphones are like. Sure, it's a bit plasticky and the case creaks a bit if you squeeze it but i'm sticking a case on mine which, I'm sure, will fix that. The screen is not as responsive as my ipod Touch but it's perfectly usable and what do you expect for £85? Heck, that buys you a tank of petrol these days (actually probably a bad analogy seeing as fuel's so damn expensive but hey ho).:D
  • Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Go with neither, pay a little extra and get the Lumia 620. I love android (Nexus 4 owner) but phones below 150 quid for the most part are not as well equipped as their WP8 counterparts.