Katherine Jenkins Why does she attract such negative press

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way the story is accompanied in the right column by various nonrelated links such as this one.
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People envy her beauty & talent.

Really? Shes's not particularly either. Why was she at the funeral anyway? I was really surprised to see her there. Oh yes,she milked her five mins of fame denying she had a fling with Beckham :rolleyes: Sad old bint.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    Really? Shes's not particularly either. Why was she at the funeral anyway? I was really surprised to see her there. Oh yes,she milked her five mins of fame denying she had a fling with Beckham :rolleyes: Sad old bint.

Eh? She was 'famous' long before the Beckham comment so she's was hardly milking anything...
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was amazed she was invited to the funeral in the first place. Saw her in the paper & just thought, 'Why is she there?'
    She could've worn something with a higher neckline & still looked good- she's not onstage!

Personally I thought "why would anyone associate themselves with Thatcher who didn't have to..."
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems all right to me.

Her voice doesn't impress me much though.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Surely that works in her favour?

:D possibly...but Vikky, she's a fashion designer, juggling 4 children and keeping Golden Balls happy, strong woman;)
    Christa wrote: »
    Eh? She was 'famous' long before the Beckham comment so she's was hardly milking anything...

She definitely milked that situation IMO. Obscure internet rumour that wasn't that out there and she goes to OK (or whatever it was) and makes big interview of it. I thought she was a bit of a tit when she had her autobiography to sell and started talking about her drugs shame. Catherine Jenkins the crackhead:D sorry but I never bought it
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    She's great looking, a talented and successful singer and comes across as a really pleasant girl with a nice personality. Any negativity against her is likely to be down to envy.That said, I haven't really noticed her being criticised that much to be honest.

It is of course entirely possible that behind the scenes she is a bit of a 'diva' but who knows. There are many other singers that are far more deserving of negative press.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Easier these days of being a target for gossip than one of praise.
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yijan wrote: »
    Probably because her surname is the same as Leroy's...

This. Leroy FTW :cool:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that Katherine Jenkins attracts the most hated status by the press. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310871/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-Did-Katherine-Jenkins-far-low.html

The DM slates her for having an inappropriate low cleavage at Maggies Funeral, then in the comments some slam her for betraying the Welsh miners and others slam here for being stuck up stating;

" cant stand the woman and yes much to low for a funeral,spoke to someone once who knew her and said she is a nightmare to work with,all me me me and thinks she is royalty herself!!! "

I have to say I have to agree with those who dont really like her and the way she gets on, especially IMO shes not even a good singer but would go to the opening of an envelope and a true believer in her own publicity.

Is this justified or is she really nice?

Well I've no idea if she's nice or not, but I suppose anyone in the public eye is fair game for the media.

She is a very attractive woman, so I guess she will attract some jealousy from female writers.

If I was in her position, I wouldn't pay much attention to the sort of tripe you read in these showbizzy articles.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    She did an interview about her past drug use because someone was about to sell a story on her.

That whole Beckham thing was very odd too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I can't warm to her, it's the 'I'm a serious singer but I want to style myself as a page 3 bint' thing that annoys me.

No, I'm not jealous of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's the Beckham thing that turned the press against her.

Most of the media seem quite keen to keep on the right side of Posh and Becks (or their PR team), and Katherine upset them with the denial of the affair that no one was talking about.

All very odd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a Thunderbirds puppet

Yes, Lady Penelope in desperate need of a makeunder.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poor lamb. She is just a bit silly really. That tweet about her 'affair' with David Beckham was just ill advised and was cringeworthy. Her singing is awful too. I think women turned against her when she lost weight. She used to be more curvy. Oh, another reason is that she broke Gethin Jones heart(maybe) Awww
  • Femme FataleFemme Fatale Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I like her but I thought she embarrassed herself at Thatcher's funeral with that outfit. It was entirely inappropriate. Call me a prude but you just don't wear low-cut tops to a funeral, imho.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    I like her but I thought she embarrassed herself at Thatcher's funeral with that outfit. It was entirely inappropriate. Call me a prude but you just don't wear low-cut tops to a funeral, imho.
    I thought the outfit was ok (a tad low cut - but I don't think she purposefully did it). Its the face I can't get over. She is ever so pretty - but she does have a doll-face - and she wears too much make-up when I'm sure she doesn't need to.

Her voice is another matter though - popera not opera. I do quite like her voice though.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never liked her, and I dislike even more after her appearance at the funeral of Mrs T, done up like a dog's dinner. Why she was there amazes me, she would have been 11 when MT left number 10 -I can understand the likes of Wogan and Bassey, who were Tory voters, attending the funeral, but not Jenkins.

The Beckham rumour hasn't made me dislike her either, I'm not a fan of Posh and Becks.

And I'm not jealous of her either, bleached hair and trowelled on make up does not float my boat.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    I can understand the likes of Wogan and Bassey, who were Tory voters, attending the funeral, but not Jenkins.
    Well obviously Katherine is a Tory supporter herself so wanted to show her respects to the godmother of all that is Tory - as she is entitled to. She still wears far too much make-up though.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People envy her beauty & talent.

There are plenty of beautiful singers, who have better voices, and people don't hate them. She comes across as a self absorbed jerk and now an increasingly desperate one as she ages. That jealousy excuse is just silly.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't know katherine personally, but i did meet her several times as a child, because we come from the same estate. her mother and my parents still live on that estate. i have come to the conclusion after many discussions on ds that perhaps some criticism of her abilities are justified. she is marketed away from the core opera genre and her talent dictates that she is marketed correctly. i accept that her voice is scuntancised fairly when compared to other singers in the crossover genre.

the whole beckham saga was of her making by taking to twitter, but she did not do an interview on the subject with ok magazine. that magazine used her twitter comments as quotes and used stock photos to mislead people into thinking this was an exclusive interview. the only comments she made on the subject to the press came months later in an interview with wales online.

as for this latest situation with her attending the thatcher funeral, she was invited and merely accepted an invitation issued to her by downing street. it is believed, katherine met the baroness due to their charity work for the armed forces. whether her attire was appropriate is debatable, some angles seem to expose more flesh, while front on pictures don't seem to look quite so bad.

some people have suggested that considering her background coming from wales, it seemed wrong for her to have attended the funeral. growing up in the estate where we both lived, there were miners in that community who suffered as a result of the pit closures. one miner was actually a close family friend of my parents and lived just doors away from katherine and her family. however, i will say that katherine`s parents generally did not mix with the local community, while katherine and her sister did not mix with the other children on the estate.

she made her decision to attend the funeral after meeting the baroness at her home, its been reported. i respect her for taking that decision based on how she felt about her following their meeting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not keen. TBH the Becks rumour is one of the few I believe was totally fabricated. I mean, if you'd been connected to Charlize Theron would you look twice at KJ?
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Only those close to Katherine Jenkins are probably in a position to vouch that she may or may not have a pleasant natural delightful pesonality.

For instance having come face to face with a famous elderly long ago retired racing car driver I can confirm that his personality is a long way short of the image he may give whenever appearing on screen or in the public arena.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well I've no idea if she's nice or not, but I suppose anyone in the public eye is fair game for the media.

She is a very attractive woman, so I guess she will attract some jealousy from female writers.

If I was in her position, I wouldn't pay much attention to the sort of tripe you read in these showbizzy articles.

Yes... Those pesky, silly little female writers eh? All they do is write about shoes and clothes and nice shopping and anyone who is deemed pretty gets slagged off cos they iz well jel, innit?

I think men should write everything; women are incapable of writing anything really as they are so consumed with jealousy and bile and can't write coherently.

Sorry but - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is. It isn't jealousy as someone above mentioned Charlize Theron who is far more beautiful (IMO) and talented and noone 'hates' her.

I think its the fact she is too self promoting. I liked her when she just did her singing and a few TV shows. But then she branched out into America and appeared on Dancing With the Stars and she was in the press too much. If she had just appeared on the show, then fine. But she was photographed constantly, and im sure someone tips them off. It was to get her profile in the states bigger.

Then she did a show about singing and dancing like she was a professional dancer, which she isn't. You don't see Gabby Logan dancing and prancing about on stage in next to nothing after her time on the BBC version. It was all very me, me, me. Aren't I a good singer, aren't I a good dancer, aren't i wonderful.

Plus, she seems to turn up at everything and anything in a revealing frock and her over made up face.

And then the Beckham thing sealed her fate.