Is she still married or separated?

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought. A comment there says that it is well known in showbiz circles that they are separated and got a number of likes. Just wondering if it is official?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They spent New Years apart too, something's not right
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked her much, something quite false about her, and I always thought after the way she chased him on 'Joseph' that this was doomed to failure from the start. I've never heard anyone say anything nice about her either.

If they have separated, it's sad for the little girl though. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked her in the Big Breakfast. Then read an interview with her just after she left and was wanting more "high brow" offers of work.

She dismissed the ladette image she had spent years cultivating saying that that it was never really her and she was really very quiet and serious. I thought she was a fraud through and through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never liked her much, something quite false about her, and I always thought after the way she chased him on 'Joseph' that this was doomed to failure from the start. I've never heard anyone say anything nice about her either.

If they have separated, it's sad for the little girl though. :(

I feel for the little girl. Horrible thing for anyone to go through.

My only real experience of her is strictly and I didn't like her very much, there was something about her I couldn't warm to but I can't put my finger on it.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're rarely seen together publically. Perhaps they prefer it that way but it's strange to see her on multiple exotic holidays without her family.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her husband tweeted that the story is BS.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the woman and all that bleating about how much time she was sacrificing with her daughter with her SCD training and now she's off on holiday again without them.

But if Hubby has denied there are problems and the story is BS who are we to suggest different?
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt Denise on This Morning a few weeks ago? I swear i remember Ruth/Holly mention Lee and Denise said everythings fine and they swap turns to take care of the baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Maybe its a work thing. Off topic ... what a bod !!!!!
  • KarenFHKarenFH Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Here is what her husband says about the subject:

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial 11h Thanks Daily Mirror for writing another story full of crap. Boring. - We're busy working parents!!

As to the story in the article about Lee being spotted looking miserable on NYE, he debunked it at the time it was first reported, he saw the New Year in with friends.

• tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its still weird that they spend hardly any time together & she takes numerous solo holidays.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen them or their little girl on holiday together. They may be working parents but they don't appear to want to spend much quality time together :confused:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During SCD Lee wasn't always in the audience and this was noted.
    What was not mentioned was that he was touring.
    I'm not convinced that there is anything newsworthy in this at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I noticed that but assumed he was on stage or looking after their little one. I can remember him being there once and thinking it wasn't hugely supportive. But the rumours were already going round by then so it wasn't very surprising.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt he was too good for her anyway. He probably fancied her when he was a teenager and she was hosting the Big Breakfast or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt he was too good for her anyway. He probably fancied her when he was a teenager and she was hosting the Big Breakfast or something.

They do seem very mismatched. ;)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He was in the US during SCD (and started a panto role on the night of the Final), hence not being in the audience every week - though he tweeted every weekend about the show and was clearly supportive of Denise.

It's typical of the media only to pick up on Lee not being in the audience and not to bother actually getting the full story. Perhaps they're used to celebs' OHs not having lives and careers of their own and always being joined at the hip (and leeching off) their celeb partners. :rolleyes:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    He was in the US during SCD (and started a panto role on the night of the Final), hence not being in the audience every week - though he tweeted every weekend about the show and was clearly supportive of Denise.

It's typical of the media only to pick up on Lee not being in the audience and not to bother actually getting the full story. Perhaps they're used to celebs' OHs not having lives and careers of their own and always being joined at the hip (and leeching off) their celeb partners. :rolleyes:

That's a very valid point.
    Two people can have entirely separate careers without there being anything suspicious at all.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its still weird that they spend hardly any time together & she takes numerous solo holidays.

Apparently, he was LA while DVO was doing SCD. Then afterwards he was in panto and not in London. During that time didn't she go on holiday to Dubai? Then didn't she go on the SCD tour? There's not much time spent together there.

Looking at their tweets, it seems he was in LA before Easter. He came back on the 24/03 but she went to Dubai. On the 02/03 he went back to LA!

With summer coming, I expect it won't be too long before her next girlie holiday. Heaven forfbid she should actually spend some time lesiure time with her husband and daughter. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a very valid point.
    Two people can have entirely separate careers without there being anything suspicious at all.

Me neither, I don't see why people have to be joined at the hip 24/7.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    KarenFH wrote: »

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial 11h Thanks Daily Mirror for writing another story full of crap. Boring. - We're busy working parents!!

As to the story in the article about Lee being spotted looking miserable on NYE, he debunked it at the time it was first reported, he saw the New Year in with friends.

Has she got a job in Dubai :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2305635/Denise-Van-Outen-sizzles-zebra-print-string-bikini-holidays-alone.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KarenFH wrote: »

But she's not working!. She's relaxing and on holiday with friends. His tweet speaks volumes to me. No mention of how happy they are together bla bla.

Reading between the lines I reckon they lead separate lives.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Picklebum wrote: »
    But she's not working!. She's relaxing and on holiday with friends. His tweet speaks volumes to me. No mention of how happy they are together bla bla.

Reading between the lines I reckon they lead separate lives.

Me too.... the press keep appearing to dig at them... but why do they continue with the charade :confused: