Britney Teasing Blackout 2.0

LMLM Posts: 63,327
Forum Member
✭✭
http://blog.martiantv.com/2012/10/britney-teases-blackout-20.html

Blackout was released 5 years ago and it has been trending on Twitter. Britney has thanked fans and due to some tweets by her and Danja, there are reports we could be getting Blackout 2.0. Despite being a low seller, Blackout has become a critical darling among Fans and Critics, and is considered as the album that pretty much stated the ever growing dance pop trend among other Pop acts.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would shut down power grids everywhere. Blackout 2.0 is what I've been waiting for. Can't believe she tweeted that :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the way Blackout fused Dance Pop and Urban together. It is such a sexy daring record and so much worth the wait as she has taken 4 years following the birth of her two songs. For me, it is her masterpiece and one of the best Pop albums to have been born. It's one of the few albums of Britney's career in which she worked on for several months and was very much a creative figure behind the scenes.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God Yes!

Yes!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Now that would be awesome :D:D:D:D I need this in my life!
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh yes please!!

I wonder will it work 6 odd years later though. Blackout was pretty much one-of-a-kind in 2007, but now that sound is everywhere. Though I love Britney, and Danja's productions are always top notch so I doubt anything they put out together will be anything short of amazing.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her best album still! All of the songs were brilliant.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god don't. I think I'd wee myself! One of the best pop albums ever and Britneys best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blackout worked because it was perfectly timed, it was real and raw - she was at the bottom of her career and she was being savaged by the media, she was the executive producer of the project and that was when she wasnt being managed by her "family" aka pump drugs and sell her for cash.

If she attempted to recreate a blackout it would probably sound generic, subpar, fake and a poor attempt at retrying an image that is not currently natural to her.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this means that she is an executive producer. Clearly she knows what tracks are likely to set trends in pop music, that could be what she means by 'Blackout 2.0' in that she is going to be involved in the whole management of the album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'll always have a soft spot for Britney, but I'm not sure about this. When she released 'Blackout', she was the rebel, the media darling gone bad, the innocent popstar gone nuts! But in the past 5 years, ALL her team has been doing is trying their very best to reverse that all, act like 'Blackout' never happened and bring the old all-American girl Britney back, which explains why they made her run back to Max Martin and why she joined the X Factor. She would have to completely change her personna and the way people perceive her to make 'Blackout' 2.0. sound convincing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike "2.0" i mean i get it in a "buzz" type thing...like when a fan says...id love "(album" 2.0" again but in the same way its like...how does one recreate it.

Like what i say with Madonna for example...fans always cry "i wish she would make ROL 2.0, Erotica 2.0, LAP 2.0, Confessions 2.0" you know? but its like....she has htese masterpiece albums...Madonna cannot recreate an era and album vibe and feel...that was special to their success....similar to Fleetwood Mac when they wanted to recreate the vibe of RUmours with Tusk....it did not meet the same critical/commercial standards why?? because it was entirely different....Same with Bowie when people always compared his work with Ziggy, Aladdin Sane and Scary Monsters...and quote as "the best since Scary Monsters, Scary Monsters 2.0" when in reality the respective albums were far far cries from it.

Now with Britney...Blackout is her magnum Opus...the main positive from it is she now knows that and has confirmed that, Danja knows that...and Cowell maybe has told her to make a killer album...maybe LA Reid too and she has most likely been inspired by her stint as a Judge on X Factor? who knows? But Danja and Darkchild on board is exciting...even better f she is Executive again like on Blackout....but if its mis managed i have an awckward feeling....but hey...if it is a sequel...5-years on perhaps that will be awesome.

And if it is an Ep as rumoured...8 killer songs with Britney, Danja and Darkchild will be killer for a final RCA album release...a couple singles, radio play, minor promo stints...no need for a world tour but enough to have material and name widespread enough :)
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Britney's 14 year music career it's sure to say that 'Blackout' is her standout studio album.... dark, edgy, trend setting, and consistent from start to finish.

Now I do think a sequel of sorts would be a fantastic idea, as not only would it be a great way to create momentum for the record but it would aim to create the same sort of vibe and energy of the original which can only be a good thing. It's high time Britney once again stood out from the crowd and did something musically which led the way rather than just simply followed.

Getting producers Danja and Darkchild on board already is a great starting point.... now if only we can get Britney more hands on and actually exective produce the album as well then that would be a bonus.... because she still has what it takes.

I'm up for Blackout 2.0...... whether she can top her previous is anyone's guess but at least she can give it a good old try!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Did her manager or somebody not say the same about Femme Fatale?

Blackout is brilliant, but we already have that album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    It's by far her best album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved piece of me. I always scream that out when I am driving "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?".
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Nooo Please make another Femme Fatale or Circus
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the other side of the fence in that I think Blackout was terrible. Yes they introduced a bit of dub but they didn't do it in a way that was catchy. I dislike intensely Radar and Piece of Me.

However Gimme More was very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    this was such a gem!!!!! Ooh Ooh baby and toy soldiier.. amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats another aspect...Piece Of Me, Toy Soldier, Radar, they are Bloodshy & Avant productions and were among their best productions with Britney! I feel that they are another main credit for Blackout too :) not just Danja :) Danja produced half the album but B&A produced a third of it too :)

But hey we will see...at least it is Britney this time saying "Blackout 2.0" and not managers etc...as far as we know..ah man its all confusing XD
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Personally I'd be more up for In The Zone 2.0.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she said Blackout 2.0 I didn't imagine a dark deep breakdown-esque album...

When I think Blackout I think amazing songs beginning to end, hypnotic vibes, a hint of madness, genuine connection to songs, urban/electro, and just Britney being Britney!

Circus, and Femme Fatale seemed like it was touched upon, but it was always at a distance. Blackout felt like hands-on and honest connection to the music. Circus and FF felt like "This is my new album... I like it".
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Man I love Blackout :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackout can't be repeated though. It was a breakthrough sound in 2007. Now its everywhere. So wouldn't be new.

Its upsetting that it never had the impact it should have had due to Britney's personal life starting to go out of control. I think it would have been her Ray Of Light had that not happened.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she literally means a second Blackout, more like a new album that will be setting trends for everyone else to follow much like Blackout did. It probably won't even be the same sort of style.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, please :)