Any EE Deals?

freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have any long term Orange/Tmobile customers been offered a good deal on EE?

I have been with orange for 8 years now and my contract is up in 6 weeks.

In an ideal world I would like to switch to EE with the S4 but is there any chance EE will give me an offer, like Orange have done on multiple occasions to stay with them.

Like 2 years ago they doubled my internet and calls (already had unlimited texts) added Wifi in with it (New phone) for £8 less a month and the phone I got at the time was HTC Desire HD which at the time was one of the best phones out there,(which is the 2nd best/robust phone i've had after my Nokia 3310 which is still as good as the day it was bought!)

Just wanted peoples thoughts?

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    You'll most likely have to pay standard price. (So £36pm minimum).

As far as i'm aware EE4G are still doing double data for exisitng customers. (So 1GB instead of 500mb for £36pm)

The upgrade team are able to take off the upfront cost.

Also if you have any loyalty discounts they may be able to transfer them over.

I can't say whether you'll get anything like the above but it's worth a try.

Is there any reason why you want 4G though? It's not going to benefit many people. And coverage is quite limited at the moment. Plus prices should come down later in the year. It might be better just to stay with Orange if you can get a good deal,

Also Three are doing some very competitive 4G pricing with cashback.
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in a 4G area (not far from the old Orange head office in Bristol) so have no issues with coverage. I don't especially want it but I know they will try to get me to and I am fed up with the slowness of 3G around here at times.

When are other 4G networks likely to go live, I know three was September. I don't want to go back to O2 as they really seem not to care about long term customers. As my mum has been with them for (15 years back in the BT cellnet days, and asked if there was anything they could do a little cheaper and they almost seemed shocked and said they don't do anything like that)

But I haven't had any major issues with Orange so don't really want to move away from them.
    Forum Member
    I am in a 4G area (not far from the old Orange head office in Bristol) so have no issues with coverage. I don't especially want it but I know they will try to get me to and I am fed up with the slowness of 3G around here at times.

When are other 4G networks likely to go live, I know three was September. I don't want to go back to O2 as they really seem not to care about long term customers. As my mum has been with them for (15 years back in the BT cellnet days, and asked if there was anything they could do a little cheaper and they almost seemed shocked and said they don't do anything like that)

But I haven't had any major issues with Orange so don't really want to move away from them.

O2 and vodafone should be in a couple of months. Three will be around september.

3G issues should be sorted out this year as a lot of masts are still being upgraded. But i do understand the appeal of 4G. Plus if you're in a 4G area and can get a good price then it's worth it.

But don't expect the price to be under £36pm minimum unless EE agree to transfer a loyalty discount over.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will do a PAYG 4G so I can test on a sim free handset.
  • Maka344Maka344 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I'm on the £46 per month tariff and get 6gb of data and 25% perk discount. Works out about £33pm
    Forum Member
    Maka344 wrote: »
    I'm on the £46 per month tariff and get 6gb of data and 25% perk discount. Works out about £33pm

For new customers £46pm = 3GB of data. So i guess you're on the double data deal with a loyalty discount applied.

Did you have to pay upfront for the phone?

Thats a great deal btw.
  • exterraexterra Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if it's possible to move from a SIM only t-mob contract to an EE SIM only contract and retain customer loyalty discounts?

I've tried T-Mob and EE online support and couldn't even get a straight answer on whether I can move to a more expensive EE SIM only plan without penalty, let alone an answer to whether my loyalty discount is retained.

Quite how EE expect to grow 4G subscriber numbers when it’s almost impossible to move between a legacy brand and EE is beyond me - the online "chat" support on the EE website is terrible as the person I tried to "chat" to didn't even seem to be able to write in English.