Relley C loses it in front of arena audience

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There’s drama on The X Factor 2013 tonight as Relley Clark loses it at the arena auditions.

23 year old housekeeper from Birmingham, Relley got four yeses after her first audition last night.

But her cover of Chase and Status’ Blind Faith fails to win over the judges.

Nicole stops the young singer halfway through her performance following a string of bum notes and bizarre dance moves.

“I remember your last audition and it was absolutely amazing, we totally loved you,” Louis tells her. “What happened today? It wasn’t great.”

Sharon agrees: “It was a weird song choice for you, I think you’re capable of much better.”

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/159653-x-factor-2013-relley-clark-loses-it-in-front-of-arena-audience.html

Quite disappointed really, she was the one I was most looking forward too tonight.
I wonder why they still put her through though, kinda defeats the whole purpose of arena auditions if you base your decision off the room auditions

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But apparently there is good news at the end.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm... nice cliffhanger... i'm tuning in...
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess. They ask her to change the song, she sings Adele, standing ovation while Leona Lewis sings in the background
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had hoped that the title of the thread was going to lead to something like this.

Relley C loses horrendous hair style in front of arena audience, as that happening would had been more entertaining than another talented powerful urban singer, being given a different song to do.

Seen it happen so many times before. :yawn:
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    I thought you were now allowed to sing flat notes, mess up your audition and still get through?

Isn't that now what this programme is all about?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Let me guess. They ask her to change the song, she sings Adele, standing ovation while Leona Lewis sings in the background

:D:D:D

"I PROMISE YOUUUUUUUU, I'M ALWAYS THERE..."
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    :D:D:D

"I PROMISE YOUUUUUUUU, I'M ALWAYS THERE..."

Nooo it's not Footprints In The Sand anymore, this year it seems to be I Will Be. Twice in two weeks :p It gets to that big climax of the "four yeses"

AND IIIIIIIIIIIII WILL BEEE:D:D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that they wanted her so no matter what they said yes
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the Sunday show. There is no point in the second audition if they put them through based on the first. She wasn't that good in the first audition and still she's there. Absolutely pointless. Drag it out.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Nooo it's not Footprints In The Sand anymore, this year it seems to be I Will Be. Twice in two weeks :p It gets to that big climax of the "four yeses"

AND IIIIIIIIIIIII WILL BEEE:D:D

For Melanie it's still Footprints apparently :p

I like Relley, but annoying that they gave her a second chance based on her first audition when they didn't do the same for a few others who've tried. Double standards much?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Melanie it's still Footprints apparently :p

I like Relley, but annoying that they gave her a second chance based on her first audition when they didn't do the same for a few others who've tried. Double standards much?

They are judged on the combination of the two performances which is why she got through. They all have two chances.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is where the show needs Simon back. Much as I like Gary I just don't understand people not being able to remember their lyrics and people performing in the arena and being awful and then getting 4 yesses. Just ridiculous.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she was too bad in the arena. I just think that song sounds better on the record because it's been made in the studio. Some vocals don't translate to the live sound unless you have a whole band around you making all the original effects. She ought to sing a singer's song -and let's see what she can do.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she is that good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her bootcamp audition is very good.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her bootcamp audition is very good.

That is the reason why they let her through in the arena auditions. If she sings like in the arena audition, then she'll be gone
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What struck me about her was the duotone hair. She works as a housekeeper for MacDonald Hotels and they have a very strict dress code for their staff - which includes weird hair!
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But apparently there is good news at the end.

Yes for her but I thought the idea was to be able to perform but apparently not. :rolleyes:
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Just watching the Sunday show. There is no point in the second audition if they put them through based on the first. She wasn't that good in the first audition and still she's there. Absolutely pointless. Drag it out.

There is a point it's all about making money. :cool:
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    They are judged on the combination of the two performances which is why she got through. They all have two chances.

Yeah, but say just for an example Luke Britnell. They loved him and raved about him in audition one, and he was sent home on the weakness of audition 2. The exact same thing happened for Relley, strong first audition, flopped during the second audition, except she still got through during her second audition. I actually like Relley a lot, but surely the same logic should've applied, hence why I said it's a double standard.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but say just for an example Luke Britnell. They loved him and raved about him in audition one, and he was sent home on the weakness of audition 2. The exact same thing happened for Relley, strong first audition, flopped during the second audition, except she still got through during her second audition. I actually like Relley a lot, but surely the same logic should've applied, hence why I said it's a double standard.

I don't think the same logic should be applied because the strength in vocals was different in each case. Let's face it, vocally Luke wasn't really all that great in his first audition. It's just that the judges go crazy for anything original. It was the fact that Luke had an alright first audition and horrific second audition that he was sent home. Relley had a magical first audition combined with a bubbly personality that let her get through the second audition. She was technically much better than Luke you have got to admit.