Honeysuckle Weeks

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching her on Lorraine, she is much hotter in real life than when she plays Sam. She's a ginger like me too :)

Comments

• Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Great name
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the costumes in Foyle's War make her look older, but she still looks older than 33 in real life.

She's not aging well.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame that some have to dismiss a woman for not going down the plastic route and just ageing naturally!

She is very beautiful and I love her voice. I was just trying to remember what she was in when she was quite young that I used to watch...off to google because my memory obviously doesn't stretch that far through the mists of time.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found it! - Goggle Eyes.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has lovely hair.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's incredibly beautiful and talented and a credit to her profession. She looks great and in no way older than her years.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    I still can't believe that's not a stage name. I bet school wasn't fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found it! - Goggle Eyes.

So long ago! But she showed real talent even then.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I still can't believe that's not a stage name. I bet school wasn't fun.

No it's her real name, her middle name is Susan
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    So long ago! But she showed real talent even then.

I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch it, despite it being a children's/teen book, it was on ridiculously late for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    She's not aging well.

Wow, that's not very nice. Aging happens to us all - much better to be dignified and stay naturally beautiful than spend thousands and end up looking like Pricey or Vorderman.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the costumes in Foyle's War make her look older, but she still looks older than 33 in real life.

She's not aging well.

I've thought recent publicity shots for FW have made her look old in the face too, at least relative to her age. Sometimes, unfortunately, inherited genes aren't kind, and there's little you can do about how 'old' you look if that is the case. But I believe Honeysuckle Weeks might smoke too in real life which really does put years on a woman - some more than others, obviously, but if you're also battling family genes which 'age' you more quickly you really don't want to be making it worse with something unnecessary!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch it, despite it being a children's/teen book, it was on ridiculously late for me!

???? I thought it was on at like 16:30 ish during childrens tv slots ? I seem to remember watching it after school.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    ???? it was on at like 16:30 ish during childrens tv slots ?

Not when I saw it, I would have been at work at that time! I seem to recall it was early evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when I saw it, I would have been at work at that time! I seem to recall it was early evening.

What BBC channel would it be on?

I seem to remember watching it after school, i would have been 13 and had read the book.

I can't imagine where they would place it in 1993 when there was no childrens channel.

Could it have been a Sunday tea-time drama? Doesn't really seem like sunday evening childrens tv though (thinking in terms of Narnia, Box of Delights etc)
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member

She's not aging well.
    Some actors are well known for being insecure beings ....it's remarks like these that drive them into having awful plastic surgery.
    I was watching The Good Wife recently and I couldn't concentrate on the programme because of the obvious 'work' Stockard Channing has had.
    The sooner we are all acepted for what we are,naturally, the better.

I like Honeysuckle Weeks btw ....she's great in Foyle's War!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What BBC channel would it be on?

I seem to remember watching it after school, i would have been 13 and had read the book.

I can't imagine where they would place it in 1993 when there was no childrens channel.

Could it have been a Sunday tea-time drama? Doesn't really seem like sunday evening childrens tv though (thinking in terms of Narnia, Box of Delights etc)

Wiki says BBC but not which. A little more searching shows 1st episode was 24/03/1993 which was a Wednesday.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame that some have to dismiss a woman for not going down the plastic route and just ageing naturally!

She is very beautiful and I love her voice. I was just trying to remember what she was in when she was quite young that I used to watch...off to google because my memory obviously doesn't stretch that far through the mists of time.

Yes, a shame. Clever, talented, successful, reduced to yeah but she's not ageing well. :rolleyes:
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her first in the wild house, I think she was the man character's older sister.
    Forum Member

It was early evening, they may and probably did repeat it in the afternoon. But it was early evening, which at the age I was, was past my bedtime or close to it!
    Forum Member
    Wiki says BBC but not which. A little more searching shows 1st episode was 24/03/1993 which was a Wednesday.

Yes, it was a weekday, it was on, I think it was on BBC2 after Ren and Stimpy. It wasn't on a Sunday, certainly not the first showing of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was a weekday, it was on, I think it was on BBC2 after Ren and Stimpy. It wasn't on a Sunday, certainly not the first showing of it.

Well then it must have been at about 18:30 isn? like when Buffy was on?

Interesting that they decided to put it on at that point.

I did watch it, just assumed it was on during CBBC.

It was good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was early evening, they may and probably did repeat it in the afternoon. But it was early evening, which at the age I was, was past my bedtime or close to it!

You're just trying to make me feel old now! :D

I do remember at the time the TV critics questioned why it wasn't on Childrens Hour ( see I am old! ) but soon went quiet once it started. I knew nothing about it at first but watched because it had Alun Armstrong in it.

Bit like Adrian Mole I suppose, it could be enjoyed by all ages.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Just watching her on Lorraine, she is much hotter in real life than when she plays Sam. She's a ginger like me too :)

Not going to slag her off? I'm disappointed in you!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    Well then it must have been at about 18:30 isn? like when Buffy was on?

Interesting that they decided to put it on at that point.

I did watch it, just assumed it was on during CBBC.

It was good.

Yeah, that kind of slot, or possibly slightly later, I remember at the time thinking it was strange they put it on at that time. I think they did repeat it later on an afternoon slot, but that was maybe a couple of years later or something.
    You're just trying to make me feel old now! :D

I do remember at the time the TV critics questioned why it wasn't on Childrens Hour ( see I am old! ) but soon went quiet once it started. I knew nothing about it at first but watched because it had Alun Armstrong in it.

Bit like Adrian Mole I suppose, it could be enjoyed by all ages.

Sorry!, no I also remember remarking at the time, it was a strange slot for it. I loved the book, at the time, but I was a bit too young for it, so a lot of it went over my head. But I watched the tv adaptation because I really enjoyed the book. I preferred the book, although all the actors were great in it, the format of it lended itself to being a better book. If that makes sense, they had to change some of the setting for it to work on TV.