Sarah Millican..................is there a single panel show she wont appear on ??

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    And now you punctuate where none is needed! :D Piss my pants funny!

If you’re going to slate someone, calling them a simpleton it’s probably a good idea not to make yourself look like one at the same time wouldn’t you say?

And now "you" don't realise when your having the piss taken out of you.................what does that make you ha ha !! I'm curious as to why you have taken personal offence to myself and other people's dislike for a comedian who is on tv. It seems to hit a nerve with you. As I said before, are you a relative ?
  • kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol you can either like her or hate her!! :D

Personally I love her, that's just my sense of humour. But if others hate her, who cares cos I don't lol!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually can't believe anyone finds her funny. All she talks about is sex in a stupid high pitched voice and no offence to her, but it's not an image of her I want in my head.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzy wrote: »
    Lol you can either like her or hate her!! :D

Personally I love her, that's just my sense of humour. But if others hate her, who cares cos I don't lol!!!

Considering you're putting lol at the end of something completely unfunny that you've stated, I can see why you'd find someone unfunny to be funny given you find your own bland statement laughworthy.

"OMG just went shopping and bought some bananas LOL!"
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Day after day.................week after week.............month after month....................for the last year, EVERY single blooming panel show on tv seems to be be invaded by this vile unfunny simpleton women.

Cant she bugger off from our screens please...................yes love, we get what city your from..................you dont have to shove it down our throats every time your on tv :rolleyes:

Personally I love her, she was great live but we all have our preferences.

However, I really really don't think you could ever describe her as "vile". She's anything but vile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Considering you're putting lol at the end of something completely unfunny that you've stated, I can see why you'd find someone unfunny to be funny given you find your own bland statement laughworthy.

"OMG just went shopping and bought some bananas LOL!"

Nope, I put lol to take the piss out of people like you. :p

Feel free to like things or hate things, but take things further makes you look a serial ****. ( can i say lol to that? :D)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluez Boy wrote: »
    I actually can't believe anyone finds her funny. All she talks about is sex in a stupid high pitched voice and no offence to her, but it's not an image of her I want in my head.

You'll find that in some areas of the north east, people speak like that. It's part of their accent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    obviously cant say tw*t.
  • Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    And he's become a multi-millionnaire for talking about ninja squirrels and talking in stupid voices. :rolleyes:

It's unbelievable, isn't it? :mad:

'Wouldn't it be hilarious if . . . ?'

'How fantastic would it be if . . . ?'

Howard is dire!
  • normanwisdomnormanwisdom Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Sarah Millican is great .
    If I see her as a guest on a panel show that will tempt me to watch it even if I don't usually.
    She is on the rise and popular which is why she is on tv so much.

As a relatively new face in the last year or two it makes sense for her to have tv exposure as this will generate audiences for her tour and also lets people who like her discover her.

If you don't like her then you can always watch something else.
    Chances are that most people who don't like her will themselves enjoy something that others think is shit but we don't waste time starting threads to whinge about them , we stay away from them .

Far better to chat about things you do like.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like her a lot...put her on any show going. She's far funnier than this never ending list of nerdy types ... like Russell Howard
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looks like something of bo selecta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    But she IS funny. Just because you or others don’t agree doesn’t negate that central truth. You could repeat it endlessly on every forum available but she’d still go on filling auditoria, selling DVDs and appearing on panel shows and by sheer dint of continuing to work....proving her detractors wrong.

So convinced was I by this compelling argument, that I went straight down by local cash converters to get said DVD earlier today. It is with great regret then that, having sat through 90 minutes of mindless giggling drivel, I have to report to you that she IS NOT funny.

Let us just be very clear on this - she IS NOT funny. Having a DVD, appearing on a panel show, filling the plural of auditorium does NOT make her funny. Humorous no. Laughable yes.
  • Jimmy Big LegsJimmy Big Legs Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    lisalee23 wrote: »
    Another person who will do any panel show is Jack Whitehall. He is funny but i dont want to see him on everything, whos betting hes on the next series of QI?

I can't bear Jack Whitehall.

He's like one of those kids with rich parents who suddenly decides he wants to be a musician, so they build him a recording studio in their home even though he has sod all musical talent.

If he or Russell Howard ever appeared on QI, I'd set Lulz Security on Stephen Fry's Twitter account.
    She's as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

To be fair to her, the same could be said about most female comedians!
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Millican is the epitome of todays so-called comedians. They play the oh-so-safe persona knowing that endless opportunities will come their way and programmes that are equally unfunny.

Chris Addison. No talent but raking it in on that bloody annoying insurance advert.
    Andy Hamilton. Safe bet on HIGNFY and MTW. Appeals to the retarded dwarf vote.
    Russell Howard. How 'safe' can you get?
    Whitehall? As stated, simply not funny.
    Dermot O' Bloody Briainaina (or whatever). You're Fired, MTW, Three men in a boat, QI etc. etc. Laugh? I nearly did!
    Reginald D Hunter. The original 'one trick pony'.
    Miranda. Loved by women, loathed by blokes. Why loved by women? So they can go 'Oooh, that's me, that is!' Ladies, I can assure you that blokes do not go for fat, ugly, clumsy wimmin - Miranda, Bridget Jones etc.- even less if they constantly 'mug' at the cameras in a Benny Hill styleee.

And Millican? Fat, ugly, talentless and as has been said, on almost everything nowadays. I first saw her on McIntyre's (equally unfunny) 'Live at the Apollo'. Millican did her usual rambling crap in that awful, whingeing Geordie voice and the camera cut to the audience who were pissing themselves laughing. Oldest trick in the book. The crowd were either:

at another concert

So pissed they'd laugh at absolutely anything or

thinking 'I've paid for this and will pretend I'm enjoying it!'
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP, apart from the vile simpleton thing. She is on just about everything at the moment. To be honest, the only thing I know her for is for being a guest on shows.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the idea that when someone tosses out a line about someone being funny or not, someone else is naive enough to treat it like a wrong mathematical equation. Welcome to the world wibbly web. Nul points!
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <squeakyvoice>Ahm a bit fat, like. And when I have sex with me boyfriend, funny things happen, like</squeakyvoice>

Repeat ad infinitum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Millican is the epitome of todays so-called comedians. They play the oh-so-safe persona knowing that endless opportunities will come their way and programmes that are equally unfunny.

Chris Addison. No talent but raking it in on that bloody annoying insurance advert.
    Andy Hamilton. Safe bet on HIGNFY and MTW. Appeals to the retarded dwarf vote.
    Russell Howard. How 'safe' can you get?
    Whitehall? As stated, simply not funny.
    Dermot O' Bloody Briainaina (or whatever). You're Fired, MTW, Three men in a boat, QI etc. etc. Laugh? I nearly did!
    Reginald D Hunter. The original 'one trick pony'.
    Miranda. Loved by women, loathed by blokes. Why loved by women? So they can go 'Oooh, that's me, that is!' Ladies, I can assure you that blokes do not go for fat, ugly, clumsy wimmin - Miranda, Bridget Jones etc.- even less if they constantly 'mug' at the cameras in a Benny Hill styleee.

And Millican? Fat, ugly, talentless and as has been said, on almost everything nowadays. I first saw her on McIntyre's (equally unfunny) 'Live at the Apollo'. Millican did her usual rambling crap in that awful, whingeing Geordie voice and the camera cut to the audience who were pissing themselves laughing. Oldest trick in the book. The crowd were either:

at another concert

So pissed they'd laugh at absolutely anything or

thinking 'I've paid for this and will pretend I'm enjoying it!'

Agree with much of this. Mock the Week is so establishment it should be presented by David Dimbleby. O'Briain's acceptance of presenting The Apprentice show was the epitome of what's wrong with comedians in the UK.

There's no edge any more, they have nothign to say. Even the likes of Boyle with his faux outrage are part of the problem. Of course it all began with the likes of Baddiel and Newman and their belief in their rock star status. It's a short step from that to boyband comedians like Russell Howard.

Let's hope a few more years of Tories give us some comedians with soemthing to say again.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    It's a short step from that to boyband comedians like Russell Howard.
    him, boyband? The "monkees", maybe....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    him, boyband? The "monkees", maybe....

He has an army of teenage girl followers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    wow, there is much hate in this thread.

I like Sarah. And Russell Howard. And Chris Addison (Chris Addison's Civilisation is hilarious)

Haters gonna hate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charax wrote: »
    wow, there is much hate in this thread.

I like Sarah. And Russell Howard. And Chris Addison (Chris Addison's Civilisation is hilarious)

Haters gonna hate

Not that simple is it. Maybe some of us have more of a desire for comedians to actually do what they historically were there for. To take the piss out of the establishment rather than be part of it.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the title of the thread, I have yet to see her on "A League of their Own" on Sky One HD, so there is one show that the OP could watch if they didn't want to see Sarah.
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Not that simple is it. Maybe some of us have more of a desire for comedians to actually do what they historically were there for. To take the piss out of the establishment rather than be part of it.

Taking the piss out of the establishment and being part of it have traditionally gone hand in hand. These days, anti-establishment comics like Jerry Sadowitz can only operate because of freedoms that were hard won in the past. Time was when monarchs hired jesters to mock the establishment, but there was a limit how far they could go. Today, a truly anti-establishment comedian would never appear on television at all.
This discussion has been closed.