Country Show Cookoff

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
You'll all be glad to hear that there is a new cooking show on tv.

and Ainsley Harriot is the voiceover.
High-flying chefs Ed Baines and Valentine Warner hit the road in an exciting trip, visiting and competing in country shows on a journey which takes them from Yorkshire to the South Coast and back. Today, they pull up in Otley and enter their roulades in the Otley Show.
Before cooking commences, Val pays a visit to local artisan Stephen Taylor, who's going to let him into the secret behind the success of his Parkin - a legendary Yorkshire delicacy.
But it's time to get rolling on those roulades, and there's no doubt that the competition will be fierce! Not only are they taking on each other, they're also up against the best local cooks. And their finished results will come under the scrutiny of veteran show judge, the irrepressible MK Pickles. But will they cut the mustard? Find out on Country Show Cook Off!

Comments

• summerwinesummerwine Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like this show. I like seeing the different parts of the country and the fairs/shows they put on. It's also amusing to see the chefs vulnerable and flustered a bit when the GBP come out on top. :)
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV schedules are chock-full, polluted with all these food shows, find myself changing channels now at the sight of them. When the public latch onto something the Broadcasters "do it to death", incredibly annoying. BBC2/BBC HD is virtually unwatchable most evenings between 7-9pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree SilvioDante. Even though I'm a 'foodie' I would say that at least half of them should be in the bin.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summerwine wrote: »
    I agree SilvioDante. Even though I'm a 'foodie' I would say that at least half of them should be in the bin.

Yeah, its almost enough to make me lose interest in food..... Well maybe not, nothing beats lovely food in the right setting, with the right people :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this series. Galton and Jun were hilarious this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, its almost enough to make me lose interest in food..... Well maybe not, nothing beats lovely food in the right setting, with the right people :)

ABSOLUTELY!! :)
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this series. Galton and Jun were hilarious this week.

I thought so as well. I love Galton, he makes me laugh. How many times did he say he should have used a hamper in the seafood picnic challenge! lol. He just can't let things go can he? I'm really looking forward to the week Silvena Rowe is on. I'm not sure who she is paired with. I keep trying to get a peek in the trailers, but I can't tell. It would be great if it was James Martin. Silvena and James would be hilarious, however, I think he would be afraid of her. lol :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    summerwine wrote: »
    I actually quite like this show. I like seeing the different parts of the country and the fairs/shows they put on. It's also amusing to see the chefs vulnerable and flustered a bit when the GBP come out on top. :)
    I've watched two or three episodes.
    I do like that the judges/competitions have a standard and that being cheffy doesn't neccessarily mean you're going to win.

I thought it was funny when they entered the tart competition only to find that the locals meant a pie :D
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a food show aholic, but agree a lot are pure trash but this one is sweet and quaint, the 2 guys this week were really funny getting so much wrong especially the tart episode, this one is very watchable...
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    babba wrote: »
    Im a food show aholic, but agree a lot are pure trash but this one is sweet and quaint, the 2 guys this week were really funny getting so much wrong especially the tart episode, this one is very watchable...

I don't think they did get it wrong.... They were the only ones who got it RIGHT,

The rest of the competitors submitted PIES not tarts, and they seemed all be apple pies as well - so very boring...

Loved last nights chocolate cake episode.... A sponge cake is a sponge cake - not what they were making.....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    I don't think they did get it wrong.... They were the only ones who got it RIGHT,

The rest of the competitors submitted PIES not tarts, and they seemed all be apple pies as well - so very boring...

Loved last nights chocolate cake episode.... A sponge cake is a sponge cake - not what they were making.....
    You have to follow the rules though. What they should have done was ask the judges or other competitors what they were looking for to be a prize winner.