Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can collect the tickets from the machines, the later email said that. The problem for me is that you have to collect them over 20 minutes before the showing starts which is rubbish. I don't want to hang about for 40 mins doing nothing until the actual film starts.
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Penicilina wrote: »
    I just got the email today about it which was included in the Unlimited newsletter, 25% off food and drink and free 3D movies after 12 months, but I've already been with them for about 2 years so I do hope I get the premium service sooner rather than later which I should do according to their Twitter.
    I got that email today too and in a couple of weeks I'll be starting my 6th year as a Unlimited cardholder!
    I assume it's just a standard letter to every Unlimited member and it's just the wording that's confusing. :confused:
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tremse wrote: »
    I got that email today too and in a couple of weeks I'll be starting my 6th year as a Unlimited cardholder!
    I assume it's just a standard letter to every Unlimited member and it's just the wording that's confusing. :confused:

How is the wording confusing? If you've had your card for more than 12 months you will get issued the new one when it comes out. Simple in my mind.

Edit - Oh I get what you mean now. Yeah I would assume we will get it on day 1 and not in 12 months time. The previous emails seemed to suggest we will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, you're going to be very disappointed with the way the advance booking is being trialled. You have to pick them up from the box office, not the ATMs. It defeats the whole purpose really.

I don't know if this would work at your cinema, but at mine if I show my card at the ticket check, they let me get the tickets from the Ben & Jerry's counter, where there's hardly wet a queue. It saves waiting at the box office at busy times.

Not sure if you can get it at the sweet counters at mine. You in fact have to go up three escalators to get to a sweet counter. As the entire ground floor is just tills and the ATMs. This is the Cineworld in Glasgow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Not sure if you can get it at the sweet counters at mine. You in fact have to go up three escalators to get to a sweet counter. As the entire ground floor is just tills and the ATMs. This is the Cineworld in Glasgow.

Ah, right. Tallest cinema in the country, I believe! At mine you can get tickets at any counter, despite there being a separate box office. Maybe try it and see if it works!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, right. Tallest cinema in the country, I believe! At mine you can get tickets at any counter, despite there being a separate box office. Maybe try it and see if it works!

Not just the tallest, but also the busiest in the country. So anything to help skip the queues is a bonus :p
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Just got my Cineworld Unlimited Premium card through in the post today.I was suprised to see on it that I have been a member since December 1999 as its a lot longer than I thought I had been a member.Its a nice touch to show how long you have had a Unlimited card for!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tallest cinema? Pfft! Well, take this: My local was the first ever Cineworld :P
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Just got my Cineworld Unlimited Premium card through in the post today.I was suprised to see on it that I have been a member since December 1999 as its a lot longer than I thought I had been a member.Its a nice touch to show how long you have had a Unlimited card for!

Thats impossible. The unlimited card started in July 2000. I know this for a fact. UGC took over from Virgin Cinemas in 2000. In 1999 Virgin Cinemas introduced the megapass which you paid £15 for four weeks of unlimited cinema or £25 for eight weeks. But when it ran out you had to buy another one. When UGC took over they introduced the Unlimited card to phase out the megapass. The unlimited card meant having unlimited access all the time on a subscription without having to renew which still stands today. Fortunateky Cineworld kept the scheme going when they took over in 2005. I got my unlimited card in August 2000 when it had been going for about a month. The first film i saw with it was Mission Impossible 2. But the unlimited card did not exist in December 1999. That is a fact. I will be interested to see how long they say i have been a member for.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Thats impossible. The unlimited card started in July 2000. I know this for a fact. UGC took over from Virgin Cinemas in 2000. In 1999 Virgin Cinemas introduced the megapass which you paid £15 for four weeks of unlimited cinema or £25 for eight weeks. But when it ran out you had to buy another one. When UGC took over they introduced the Unlimited card to phase out the megapass. The unlimited card meant having unlimited access all the time on a subscription without having to renew which still stands today. Fortunateky Cineworld kept the scheme going when they took over in 2005. I got my unlimited card in August 2000 when it had been going for about a month. The first film i saw with it was Mission Impossible 2. But the unlimited card did not exist in December 1999. That is a fact. I will be interested to see how long they say i have been a member for.

Correct,i did subscribe to the Megapass paying 25 quid for the 2 months for a while then when UGC took over the Wigan cinema i upgraded to Unlimited and kept that up till the day Cineworld sold it to Empire(because the competition commission said they had too many cinemas in the area),resubscribed earlier in the year when i had heard the Leigh Cineworld had opened,i should receive my Black Card at the end of May
    Forum Member
    I was only posting what it says on my new Cineworld Premium Card.I actually thought I had only had my Unlimited Card since 2001 so maybe Cineworld have put incorrect dates on people Premium Cards.I wonder if anyone else will notice the same mistake when they get their new Premium Cards through!
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I was only posting what it says on my new Cineworld Premium Card.I actually thought I had only had my Unlimited Card since 2001 so maybe Cineworld have put incorrect dates on people Premium Cards.I wonder if anyone else will notice the same mistake when they get their new Premium Cards through!

Just received my premium card and it says I have been a member since Dec 1999. Amazing that. I had an unlimited card nine months before they even existed!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Just received my premium card and it says I have been a member since Dec 1999. Amazing that. I had an unlimited card nine months before they even existed!
    Same here...got mine today, says 12/99....I joined in 2007...:confused:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just in case anyone might have forgotten, i still hate all of you unlimited card holders ;)
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it £8.99 a month at first?
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Same here...got mine today, says 12/99....I joined in 2007...:confused:

Looks like everyone's card shows 12/99 as their joining date!
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    Wasn't it £8.99 a month at first?

It was £9.99 per month and stayed at that price for at least three years if I remember. It then rose to £10.99 then £11.99 then jumped to its current price of £14.99.
  • Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recevied my premium card today as well.

I read the accompanying letter and noted that the second paragraph started with 'With unlimited premium you an still enjoy as many movies as you can watch' which was followed by an asterisk. I looked further down the letter to the corresponding asterisk and this began with 'Until further notice...'. I wonder what does this mean?
    Forum Member
    Cineworld have confirmed on their twitter that the dates on some cards are wrong but it doesn't affect the card itself!
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recevied my premium card today as well.

I read the accompanying letter and noted that the second paragraph started with 'With unlimited premium you an still enjoy as many movies as you can watch' which was followed by an asterisk. I looked further down the letter to the corresponding asterisk and this began with 'Until further notice...'. I wonder what does this mean?

I wondered that myself when I read that on my letter.

I'm disappointed we don't get booking online though. I would rather have that then 25% off my food and drink.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Really? Advance booking is almost never necessary outside of massively popular films, which only tend to happen once or twice a year - The Avengers and Skyfall for this year, possibly Twilight too. The convenience is nice, but what's five minutes in a queue, really?

I just got my Premium card, out of the blue - no email or anything - and I'm absolutely delighted. No more 3D "uplift", 25% off food and drink... My birthday's tomorrow, so Cineworld timed this to perfection!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my new card today too! Although my start date is incorrect (I know this because I remember getting my unlimited card in my first year of uni when I lived in the Halls of residence, but the date on the card meant I would have lived in my current flat then, which just isn't true xD!)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had my card for years and years and was told i can't get the new Premium card. How is everyone else getting it when they've had it for years and i can't?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I've had my card for years and years and was told i can't get the new Premium card. How is everyone else getting it when they've had it for years and i can't?

I got my new card today without asking for an upgrade or asking for one. I can't understand why you aren't getting one. Did you ask them why theysaid you can't have one?
    Also was it your local Cineworld atht told you that or their customer services?
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNash wrote: »
    Really? Advance booking is almost never necessary outside of massively popular films, which only tend to happen once or twice a year - The Avengers and Skyfall for this year, possibly Twilight too. The convenience is nice, but what's five minutes in a queue, really?

I just got my Premium card, out of the blue - no email or anything - and I'm absolutely delighted. No more 3D "uplift", 25% off food and drink... My birthday's tomorrow, so Cineworld timed this to perfection!

I wouldn't mind 5 minutes in a queue but its not that! My cineworld is in the centre of town and while its very big it's also the only cinema in the town centre so if you go say around 6/7 pm you will get a queue out the door and sometimes along the round the corner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    CNash wrote: »

Happy birthday for tomorrow. :D

I hope you get your cheap drink. Something at the O2 in Greenwich seems off with the drinks.

Friday last week I went to see a film with a mate at about noon. I wanted to buy a popcorn combo and was told that there was a they had run out of the canisters to make it fizzy so they couldnt do diet coke in a cup but I can have a bottle. The price would remain the same, which is wrong as you get less coke in a bottle than in a cup, so I said forget it, got the popcorn and used the drinks in my bag.

Yesterday I went to the same cinema about the same time and exactly the same thing, sorry can't do a coke so it will have to be a bottle. I said the same thing happend last time I was in but didn't say when it was. Again I said don'r worry about it I'll skip it. The guy serving me said that they (the coke dispenser) were ok last night.

Ok twice gone for the early doors screening and twice been told that the I can't have coke from the drinks despenser in a cup with ice, but they have been working on a day inbetween and selling it that way.

Something is starting to sound screwy now. Is it a real issue that only seems to affect either weekdays or the early doors screening, or are Cineworld up to something trying to get people to buy the over priced bottles and food seperately or short changing on their combo prices giving less coke as part of the combo?