America's Next Top Model Cycle 20 (US Pace) *no spoilers*

Comments

• Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly dreadful. The most irritating part (well, I mean it was pretty much hard to pick). But Cory reflecting after the Marvin/Chris H fight "Marvin is so adorable, Chris H just brings out the worst in everyone". Or words to that effect. So Marvin making fun of Chris H's acne was all Chris's fault.:eek::rolleyes:

ENOUGH WITH THE FLIRTING I JUST DON'T CARE.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I was so confused with Cory on the Marvin/Chris H fight as well

to me I thought Marvin wasn't happy that Chris scored higher and started having a go at Chris and then had a go about the acne

I also fail to see how any of this was Chris fault
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so confused with Cory on the Marvin/Chris H fight as well

to me I thought Marvin wasn't happy that Chris scored higher and started having a go at Chris and then had a go about the acne

I also fail to see how any of this was Chris fault

I think it's basically because nobody likes Chris and everyone seems to love Marvin (even Nina seems to dislike Chris at certain times). I get that Chris might be annoying, but he seems nice. Marvin is just a child, but then everybody this cycle seems especially childish.

I lost respect for anything Cory says when he started calling Mike "wonderful", or something. No Mike was just a boring meathead.

I think for sure that Phil will be coming back now. He featured quite prominently on that recap episode, whereas Jeremy and Mike barely featured at all.

Rooting for Chris/Alex/Nina!:)
  • VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Wasted bandwidth on a recap episode... Not even going to bother watching.. Grrr!!!

EDIT:

Decided to watch the last bit and lo and behold some else having a go at Chris.. Do they see him as an easy target? If i was there I'd sort them all out!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Yeah the contradiction between the narration and the confessionals was very irritating.

Tyra's narration: 'Marvin is unhappy with getting a low challenge score, especially lower than Chris, so he took it out on him.'

Cory's confessional: 'Ugh Marvin is so lovely and I think Chris H brings out the worst in people. We just want to yell at him.'

....or words to that effect.

I was like 'oh STFU!' :rolleyes:
    It just didn't make sense the way that was portrayed.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Glad male models are coming back next cycle as i'm really enjoying this cycle a lot. Wish they would focus a bit less on ALL the 'couples', it's getting boring and nobody really cares but i love all the drama this cycle.

I hope Jeremy comes back out of the boys.
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually quite like Mike to come back, I know he was a bit meh, but I did like him...

I'm another Marvin 'hater'
    He comes across as a whiny obnoxious little boy!
    He is SO not ready for this industry! And is it just me, or does he frequently do the 'duck face'?

I don't really remember much about Alexandra, I was hoping Kanani would be voted back in.

I was looking forward to this episode, hated that it was a recap! Skipped through it after it was announced they'd be looking at the top ten flirty moments! I don't flipping care!!!!
    I watch the show for the modeling, not the couples!
    Yes a little drama keeps it interesting, but it seems there is more focus than usual on it all in the last few seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss-kitty wrote: »
    I'd actually quite like Mike to come back, I know he was a bit meh, but I did like him...

I'm another Marvin 'hater'
    He comes across as a whiny obnoxious little boy!
    He is SO not ready for this industry! And is it just me, or does he frequently do the 'duck face'?

I don't really remember much about Alexandra, I was hoping Kanani would be voted back in.

I was looking forward to this episode, hated that it was a recap! Skipped through it after it was announced they'd be looking at the top ten flirty moments! I don't flipping care!!!!
    I watch the show for the modeling, not the couples!
    Yes a little drama keeps it interesting, but it seems there is more focus than usual on it all in the last few seasons.

That's what so irritating about this cycle. It's turned into a boring American dating show like The Batchelor or something. Besides that, I do enjoy the introduction of males into the cycle, and I think they'd struggle to go back to just girls now.

Kanani had a strong face. But was short. I especially noticed it when she was standing next to the others at panel. Overall Alexandra is much more modelesque in her stature, and I think she takes good pictures. So to me she had by far the most potential even though I agree she's not been the most memorable. She didn't really deserve to get eliminated when she did either (that awful drag week).

Marvin does do duck-face! But I think to be fair his face is naturally slightly duckish.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came here to say I don't Marvin or Renee both annoy me so much.

I like Jourdan, Chris H, Nina and Dom.

Sort of meh about Cory.

I'm leaning towards liking Alex and I don't think it really matterd which boy they bring back because all 3 aren't that strong.

I think this is between Jourdan and Chris H.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,182
    Forum Member
    I just want to know which guy comes back. Though in my mind it has to be Phil. Mike and Jeremy are stunning to look at but they are pretty crap models.
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I just want to know which guy comes back. Though in my mind it has to be Phil. Mike and Jeremy are stunning to look at but they are pretty crap models.

I'd want Jeremy. I really like this pic of his.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Alex.:(

She and Chris are my favourites, so sucks to have them both in the bottom 2. Pleased Chris has another chance though. Still don't rate Jeremy as a model, but I warmed to his personality this week by what he said he Jourdan. Her personality is so grating.

The Cory-bias is annoying me though, giving him a 10 Tyra, really?
    Forum Member
    Yay, I wanted Nina to get a first callout and it was about time she did.
    Chris H is so complex, was sad to see him in the bottom two with a pretty good picture but I guess he did struggle alot.
    He basically had to stand there by himself infront of Tyra. Then it felt kind of awkward to see Alex being told she's eliminated.

I was surprised Tyra announced the male with the lowest comeback vote out of Mike, Jeremy and Phil. It was obvious who it would be and it felt a bit harsh showing him how bad he is. :o I wouldn't be surprised if he has the lowest combined fan vote out of everyone because he really was that bad in all his photos.

The drama over a dish got a bit OTT. Renee annoyed me a bit with how childish she acted, refusing to apologise and not letting it go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it me or did the judges scores seem really off? Jeremy picture was the same face as always, I thought Rob was generous giving him a 6 let alone what the other two gave him.

I hope Renee is out soon, while she is a good model I can't stand her. She annoys me so much, who gets that mad about asking to clean the dishes, at least Jourdan could admit she was wrong and apoligize but Renee is just so childish.
    Forum Member
    I think the judges scores are off alot of the time lol
    Because they all play it tactically.
    I think Tyra is the worst for boosting her favourites, giving them scores that are probably 2 points higher than they should be and even giving a couple of weaker scores to certain others.
    Whereas Rob tends to try and bring the scores down of those he's not that impressed with, whether it's because he's never been keen on them or possibly to negate the other judges tactics.
    Kelly is a bit more straightforward and emotional about it. It's obvious when she doesn't like someone and she admits whatever motivation is behind her score. Instead of trying to manipulate the overall score (like the other 2 judges), I think she uses her individual score as a direct message to the contestant.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,182
    Forum Member
    I so wasn't expecting Alex to go I thought they'd at least keep her in a week after the comeback. I didn't see Jeremy as having improved in anyway.
    Did like what he said to Jordan although it was a bit harsh but she really does obsess over the marriage thing. It is mentioned at least 5 times every ep. Please shut up
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention my original scores I gave the pics:
    9 - Chris, Nina
    8 - Marvin, Jourdan
    7 - Cory, Jeremy, Don, Renee
    6 - Alex

I guess it was fair Alex was eliminated since I thought she had the worst pic.

The judges loved Renee's and Don's but I thought Renee's was a bit stiff and Don looked rather withdrawn and disconnected from his background.
    Jeremy and Cory looked the same as they always do. I think that was a critique given to Jeremy (same face and all that) but can't remember what critique Cory got. I may have to rewatch it.

Another thing that was challenging was working out what their flaw was supposed to be. I think that's the problem with the photoshoots being released before the show - you're given no real instruction of what the emotion or direction of the shoots is. All you're given is a title for the shoot. Just from that you have to guess whether the model is supposed to look happy/sad/angry/scared/sexy/classy/whatever....
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention my original scores I gave the pics:
    9 - Chris, Nina
    8 - Marvin, Jourdan
    7 - Cory, Jeremy, Don, Renee
    6 - Alex

I guess it was fair Alex was eliminated since I thought she had the worst pic.

The judges loved Renee's and Don's but I thought Renee's was a bit stiff and Don looked rather withdrawn and disconnected from his background.
    Jeremy and Cory looked the same as they always do. I think that was a critique given to Jeremy (same face and all that) but can't remember what critique Cory got. I may have to rewatch it.

Another thing that was challenging was working out what their flaw was supposed to be. I think that's the problem with the photoshoots being released before the show - you're given no real instruction of what the emotion or direction of the shoots is. All you're given is a title for the shoot. Just from that you have to guess whether the model is supposed to look happy/sad/angry/scared/sexy/classy/whatever....

Where do you go to view the photos and vote?

I'm not sure I like this format now, I thought it would be good at first, but I'm starting to wish they would go back to the original way of judging.
    Forum Member
    miss-kitty wrote: »
    Where do you go to view the photos and vote?

I'm not sure I like this format now, I thought it would be good at first, but I'm starting to wish they would go back to the original way of judging.

You go on the official site when the pics are first released. You can't vote anymore though, it happened a few months ago while it was being filmed.
    I only know where to go and when it takes place by looking on other ANTM forums as they are far more on the ball than I am.

I do wish they would stop doing the fan videos, they make us look like we don't have the slightest clue about what makes a good picture. Instead just babbling a load of nonsense looking like their main concern is drawing attention to themselves. lol
    Forum Member
    You go on the official site when the pics are first released. You can't vote anymore though, it happened a few months ago while it was being filmed.
    I only know where to go and when it takes place by looking on other ANTM forums as they are far more on the ball than I am.

I do wish they would stop doing the fan videos, they make us look like we don't have the slightest clue about what makes a good picture. Instead just babbling a load of nonsense looking like their main concern is drawing attention to themselves. lol

The fan videos make me cringe(along with Bryanboy) so i just fast forward a few secs. :p
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I so wasn't expecting Alex to go I thought they'd at least keep her in a week after the comeback. I didn't see Jeremy as having improved in anyway.
    Did like what he said to Jordan although it was a bit harsh but she really does obsess over the marriage thing. It is mentioned at least 5 times every ep. Please shut up

OMG! YES! "I got married when i was young and he didn't treat me right......" no1curs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Vault wrote: »
    OMG! YES! "I got married when i was young and he didn't treat me right......" no1curs

I'd be quite interested to hear the story from Jourdan's ex's side. I don't imagine she'd be all that easy to live with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was one of the worst judging I've ever seen. WTH. The only person that seemed to be judging the pictures fairly was Kelly. Never thought I would see the day that I agree with Kelly but the over two were clearly manipulating the votes.

Didn't think Dom deserved to go. This was his best picture. I can't wait for Marvin and Jeremy to leave as I think both are pretty weak.

I think it's a certain that a girl is going to take it.

Marvin and Jeremy shouldn't make it to the end.
    Cory seems meh.
    Chris H is okay but not brilliant.

Out of the girls I hope Nina wins, but I don't think she's that strong but the other two are annoying. Renee acts like she is still in High School and Jourdan just seems flat.

I've just realised how weak everyone is, as a group they are pretty dire.
    Forum Member
    A fairly weak episode. I remember these pics being released and thinking how poor they were. The make-up looked like facepaint done at a kid's birthday party.

My original scores of the pics (I gave some the benefit of the doubt that they were let down by poor styling):
    9 - Nina
    8 - Jeremy, Cory
    7 - Chris H, Marvin
    6 - Jourdan, Don, Renee

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a mass clearout of guys now as the girls left all bring something to the competition whereas the guys are all kind of mediocre.
    I feel kind of bad for Chris H. He's got fairly poor social skills but I think he tries to get on with the others, plus he's a good model.
    Let's be honest, everyone in the competition is damn annoying in some way, Marvin especially. Plus Nina's weeping would drive me mad.
    I'm not even sure I particularly like anyone personally, but based on modelling I feel Jourdan and Nina should be the final 2, with Chris H if it's a final 3 like last cycle.

About time Don went home though, he was easily the most forgettable left. I don't think I can even remember one picture he's done, even his 'good' pics were dull. He looks like he was there simply for an easy route to a music career.

I hope next week is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Where did you find a link guys? I'm struggling.