New ipad mini with retina display now available to order at uk apple store online

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New ipad mini with retina display now available to order at uk apple store online here http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-ipad/ipad-mini-retina

I just wanted to let people here know incase you want to buy one before stock gets low.

Comments

• 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up.

I'm undecided. Part of me wants to, part of me would like to and part of me thinks should I wait for the initial reviews....
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up :)
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm undecided. Part of me wants to, part of me would like to and part of me thinks should I wait for the initial reviews....

I am sure it will be an excellent tablet and if you buy from apple you can easily return it even if opened and used if you don't like it. I think it may go out of stock fairly quickly as a lot of people want one for Christmas.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    So the launch date should be announced soon then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arghhhhhh anywhere else have it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »

It's launched now. Ahead of when it was rumoured. Currently 'dispatches 1 to 3 business days' for the 32GB WiFi from the Apple Website.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is launched! You can buy it now! My order is placed.

Nobody knows if they are available in store yet.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What launch date? It's now. You can order it already. They ship in 1-3 days. I suspect shops will have stock in a few days if that's what you mean.
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    It is launched! You can buy it now! My order is placed.

Nobody knows if they are available in store yet.

So how about stores like Argos and PC World? Will they get stock in today?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sets up stock alert on tesco direct* :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not showing yet on their websites. So probably unlikely they have them yet.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i've decided i'm gonna wait
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are quite a few hand on video previews on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRf8ZCPhfxk
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

unless you get staff discount why would you buy from there?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    Although I'd never buy from Currys, you can get Quidco cashback and an in-store voucher, for example.

I've ordered from Apple online just in case there's an issue later on. I'd rather deal with Apple's customer services that Currys/PC World! :eek:
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Apple stores will be getting stock tomorrow.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Actually Currys/PC World have a current tablet cashback which is not too bad (£30 on £300+ up to £50 for £500+)!! Most tablets - including iPads!

If the mini-retina goes short-stock AND Currys get any at all it might turn out to be the only place to get a significant discount!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pumazooma wrote: »
    Apparently Apple stores will be getting stock tomorrow.
    I'm just back from Stormfront (the shop, not the dodgy website) and they're expecting stock "soon". Perhaps not as quick as Apple stores, but they expect it to be before online orders arrive.

So I placed a reservation with a £100 deposit for a 32GB/Space Grey/Cellular, because at worst, I'd get it on the same day as as online order would arrive. I was also only the second person to place a reservation.
    Forum Member

I always find that when you order an item like this online I am never in when it is delivered. It then gets sent back to some sorting office 100 miles away and you have to keep rearranging delivery. WIth Argos or PC world can just reserve for store collection and pick it up same day. No waiting around for delivery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always find that when you order an item like this online I am never in when it is delivered. It then gets sent back to some sorting office 100 miles away and you have to keep rearranging delivery.

Theres allways a way around that though, delivered to work, delivered to parents/family member, delivered to trusted neighbour, Amazon do Collect+

Personally I'd shop at John Lewis for the free 2 year warranty they offer, and before any one pipes up about the 2 year EU 'directive' try John Lewis customer services and then compare it with another retailer when your trying to get something repaired after 1 year.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Personally I'd shop at John Lewis for the free 2 year warranty they offer, and before any one pipes up about the 2 year EU 'directive' try John Lewis customer services and then compare it with another retailer when your trying to get something repaired after 1 year.
    While John Lewis are good for most things Apple are as good or even better! Apple seem fully honouring the 2 year EU rules in their T&Cs - but don't want to advertise it as it affects their own AppleCare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    While John Lewis are good for most things Apple are as good or even better! Apple seem fully honouring the 2 year EU rules in their T&Cs - but don't want to advertise it as it affects their own AppleCare!

Does the EU directive not have to be an 'inherant' fault though where as the John Lewis is just a 2 year warranty and you dont need to prove the fault was 'inherent'?

EDIT: just looked at the wording on the Apple site and to make a claim under the 2 year EU directive you need to go back to the retailer to make a claim, its nothing to do with Apple. so if the retailer is Argos or Currys/PC World then good luck to you!
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, new Nexus 7 or new Kindle fire HDX 7"?
  • HummyownerHummyowner Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    You can now pre order via Currys/PC World.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummyowner wrote: »
    You can now pre order via Currys/PC World.
    But only the WiFi models it seems. Unless the 4G ones aren't showing on the mobile site.