Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Comments

• MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigragirl wrote: »
    Oh my word, it gets dafter and dafter each week, next week looks.....actually I can't think of a word

Put it to rest. We need PROPER DRAMA not fake crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as if that wasn't predictable.

I keep thinking of new ways and twists for characters but lol... wouldnt happen in this Waterloo Road but would in Waterloo past.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this Daniel Chalk not being his real name is guff, unless he has legally assumed another identity....but then none of his previous life would "exist".... There is no way any lawyer could divulge anything...
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing episode but I didn't mind the Chalky and Kevin scenes.

Already tired of the Barrys messing around, it's just exactly the same as the Kellys from before.

Connor and Imogen get way too much screentime as well.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    kenny7 wrote: »
    Already tired of the Barrys messing around, it's just exactly the same as the Kellys from before.

I agree with these points.

Those 2 were tedious enough last year...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do soaps always have to spoil serious stuff with silly things? The Kevin/Chalky stuff would have been enough...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How come he speaks to a selection of the school and not just the Upper 6th??? LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How come Chalky still has scars??? Those would be temporary???
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny7 wrote: »
    Disappointing episode but I didn't mind the Chalky and Kevin scenes.

Totally agree, the Connor and Imogen plot is getting tedious , the Barrys are boring and predictable. However I did enjoy the Chalky and Kevin story line . Ah well, I'm still watching, sadly, but have to escape to the kitchen because no one else can stand to watch.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the Chalky scenes when he talked about feeling shame and how he 'should have been able to stop him' heartbreaking because I've heard those words myself from someone in a similar situation. It's a guilt that a man feels he has no right to feel at all - and to make it worse, that's often what others say about him.

It was a strong story - predictable to some, maybe, but strong all the same and the dilemma about whether to join others from the same institution in a court case is another nightmare that often only crops up many years later.

There is no right or wrong about what a victim 'should' do, only the wrong of the abuse. WR has lost its way a bit recently, and this all came a bit out of the blue in some ways, but both actors played the anger and the doubt very well, I thought, going from what I've seen in 'real life'. I was finding it hard not to cry when Chalky was talking about it being 'his fault'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the Chalky scenes when he talked about feeling shame and how he 'should have been able to stop him' heartbreaking because I've heard those words myself from someone in a similar situation. It's a guilt that a man feels he has no right to feel at all - and to make it worse, that's often what others say about him.

It was a strong story - predictable to some, maybe, but strong all the same and the dilemma about whether to join others from the same institution in a court case is another nightmare that often only crops up many years later.

There is no right or wrong about what a victim 'should' do, only the wrong of the abuse. WR has lost its way a bit recently, and this all came a bit out of the blue in some ways, but both actors played the anger and the doubt very well, I thought, going from what I've seen in 'real life'. I was finding it hard not to cry when Chalky was talking about it being 'his fault'.

I shed a few tears at the Chalky/Kevin story - it was brilliantly acted by the 2, and particularly Tommy Knight as a debutante.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I interviewed Kirstie Steele (Imogen Stewart ) yesterday for my radio show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-K5HRPZj8

--

Todays episode was back to how it use to be, I use to get emotional in some scenes and its gone a bit of a comedy recently but its nice they have gone back to how it should be
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the Kevin and Chalky scenes. Apart from that, it was another disappointing episode. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the Barrys stiring and Connor and Imogen getting too much screentime while other charatcers are just sitting in the background. Next week's episode looks even more bizzare than ever.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having to use the subtitles as I can't understand much of what the Barrys are saying. It might help if they didn't gabble
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pack it off to CBBC as the new Grange Hill. That's all it is now.

Poorly written cliched tat for teenagers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    what happened about the stolen cars surely barry would of been arrested :confused:
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I interviewed Imogen Stewart on my radio show if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-K5HRPZj8
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael gets more bizarre by the week. Now he wants to keep a pupil who has admitted to arson in school and makes him do a confession in front of other pupils. Please tell me there are no heads remotely like him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Such a shame that something as serious and deep-rooted as this is trivalised and dealt with in the one-hour format. Never mind that the scars would have faded instead of being raw welts, no-one who has spent the past 30 years hiding from his past and refusing to confront his abuser will do a complete 180 after a 5 minute talk.

As for Michael wanting to keep an arsonist in the school, where's the consistency? What does a pupil he likes have to do to thrown out?
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 mins to go.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK- let's see how they do with the returning squaddie plot..
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I love Grantly.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Barry:D:D:D
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't stand Barry.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160