• Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this week's ep.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been enjoying the series too.

Great to see familiar sites of Stockport too like the Plaza and Viaduct. Seems a bit strange that they film the pub down in Battersea though.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Izak wrote: »
    Been enjoying the series too.

Great to see familiar sites of Stockport too like the Plaza and Viaduct. Seems a bit strange that they film the pub down in Battersea though.

What Pub is that, I've tried to run through the pubs I know, but I don't know that one.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Pub is that, I've tried to run through the pubs I know, but I don't know that one.

It's 'The Queen's Arms' in Battersea according to this site: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2932002
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Izak wrote: »
    It's 'The Queen's Arms' in Battersea according to this site: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2932002

Ah, knew it instantly from that photograph, it's off Queenstown road.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode tonight - especially when they were discussing Hodge problem which he referred to as ED so Glyn was trying to work out with Edd he was talking about - reminded me a bit of Trigger in OFAH.

Loved the bit when Glyn's posh friend asked Warren for a latte - we only do two types of coffees here mate
    Maxwell House or Mellow Birds - absolute classic.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Why do people insist on saying the "train station" - it's an Americanism. In our English, it's the "railway station". Noticed that in "Privates" the other day. In 1960, there's no way an English person would have said the train station....Soz for the rant - just annoys me!!

I always call it the train station :p
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »

I guess you are under 30.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really loving this series. I feel that all the characters are believable as a group, and there are some proper laugh-out-loud moments (for me anyway!). Great seeing Sue Devaney (last week) as I loved her in Dinnerladies, but I think my favourite character out of all the women is Hodge's wife, she's had some of the best lines imo - and the facial expressions she gets from Hodge are just priceless. In fact, Hodge's facial expressions are just priceless no matter what :D

I really hope there's more in the pipeline.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly brilliant.

As an earlier post says, there's nothing particularly new or fresh about it, instead sticking to tried and tested stuff, but it does it so well.

The cast have really gelled well and Lee Boardman (and his facial expressions) is fantastic.

Love Ricky as Warren and the girls are good foils for the lads.

Nice to see Phil Cornwell as well, Good comedy actor.

Lee Boardman keeps advising twitter users to tweet ITV (@ITV) and tell them to comission more, so series 2 not guaranteed?
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Lee Boardman keeps advising twitter users to tweet ITV (@ITV) and tell them to comission more, so series 2 not guaranteed?

The ratings haven't been that great so far unfortunately and we all know that ITV relies heavily on ratings.

I think it's a fantastic show - there are so many comic moments and I love all the characters. As others have said, they interact really well as a group and they are very believable characters.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »

I'm in my fifties and I would be more likely to say train station rather than railway station.

Railway station is a bit of a mouthful and sounds posh to me. But then I am a Geordie!

Actually, around here, if asked, you would just say you were going to the station. No need to be more specific. What other kind of station would I be going to?

Don't say the bus station cos no one here would say that. We would just say we were going for the bus.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Utterly brilliant.

As an earlier post says, there's nothing particularly new or fresh about it, instead sticking to tried and tested stuff, but it does it so well.

The cast have really gelled well and Lee Boardman (and his facial expressions) is fantastic.

Love Ricky as Warren and the girls are good foils for the lads.

Nice to see Phil Cornwell as well, Good comedy actor.

This.

Colleen is bloody gorgeous, too.
  • ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that GNO has got stronger during the series. I watched the last two episodes back to back this afternoon, and there were some great "laugh out loud" moments. The characters are all believeable, and likeable in their own way. Hope it makes it to a 2nd series.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping this up for tonight's episode. Have really been looking forward to this, hopefully it will be funny (Cath & Hodge go camping!) - I've had a pig of a week...
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

Colleen is bloody gorgeous, too.

She is, but i prefer Bev despite the smell of cat food! Isy Suttie is gorge!!!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    Bumping the thread again.
    Forum Member
    Dead men's shoes...
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who puts eyelashes on their vehicle should have their license removed immediately.
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    Anyone who puts eyelashes on their vehicle should have their license removed immediately.

Not to mention spraying it that shade of pink.:D
  • ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently ratings were up last week, so hopefully a sign that it's getting more popular.
    Forum Member
    It's like Deliverance!:D
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    ms2608 wrote: »
    Apparently ratings were up last week, so hopefully a sign that it's getting more popular.

Hope it gets re commissioned as this has been a very entertaining series although I can't quite understand the issue Daz has with Colleen's bedroom antics. She wouldn't need to ask me twice
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ms2608 wrote: »

it was probably affected by Big Brother. I didn't watch it until last week and I've really enjoyed it so far. I just hope I get chance to watch the earlier ones before they're taken off ITV Player. It would be a shame if it didn't get a recommission, drama comedies never explode straight away, they always take a series or two before finding their feet.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    That hay fever scene in the meadow happened to me back when I was first dating my wife. She used to get terrible hay fever and my choice of a romantic spot wasn't quite hers and she ended up with streaming eyes and non stop sneezing which kind of dampened spirits