Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Making a pledge, training, running swimming, cycling and beating her own triathalon record without a camera crew. BIG difference. If people cant see the difference...... so be it.

Also we always get things the wrong way on here, no worries x

I think you've misunderstood me, when I read your post re Mel C raising money for CR, I mistakenly thought you were comparing her to Peter Andre.

I just noticed your last sentence, shall we just rewind, start again & say well done to Mel C for all her fundraising?:D
    Forum Member
    Funny how when PA has a new telly programme/tune/calendar/kids to promote, he's all over the press, itv2 and social media.

When he has something he's emotionally attached to promoting i.e. his charitable foundation - something that relies solely on public donations from his adoring fans - he goes all quiet.

Nothing in this man's life goes un-publicised.

This could have been a game-changer for him. But he's gone down the path well trodden: self-promotion.

Silly 40-year-old man-boy.

He knows of no other route to take.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't find me disagreeing Azura, what is more concerning is that there are actually parents out there who value & want his parenting advice:eek::eek:

Seriously?? :eek::eek::eek: what is wrong with these people? He is no expert on child care.for gods sake he can't even look after a few fish after a few days because his attention span is shorter than a blinking fishes

P.s I've done my bit as have a few others and donated to his foundation... It's been 5 months since the " launch" and he has done NOTHING... before announcing a foundation the person usually has a major event to kick it of and bring it to the publics attention...what did Andre do?? Sat on lorraines sofa and talked about himself..as usual
    Forum Member
    Seriously?? :eek::eek::eek: what is wrong with these people? He is no expert on child care.for gods sake he can't even look after a few fish after a few days because his attention span is shorter than a blinking fishes

P.s I've done my bit as have a few others and donated to his foundation... It's been 5 months since the " launch" and he has done NOTHING... before announcing a foundation the person usually has a major event to kick it of and bring it to the publics attention...what did Andre do?? Sat on lorraines sofa and talked about himself..as usual

I didn't see him on Lorraine, did he mention the foundation at all Betty?
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like PA is depending on others to do the hard work for him.

I wonder if CAN are holding back because of tax deductabilities on charities? I'm not an expert, but maybe it could get them in hot water if Pete doesn't deliver the end result - i.e. a foundation - and the tax man comes a knocking?

Hence, CAN not doing the work for him, therefore nowt is getting done.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to name the actor, but there is one who supports many charities and his fanbase play a massive part in raising money. The fanbase actively encourage donations and keep everyone up to date with what activities he is partaking in or events. They managed to raise over £11,000 in a very short period of time and they do this several times a year (and this is just money from the fans on the likes of Twitter and Tumblr). It's quite refreshing to see fans and celebs working together without having to completely shout from the rooftops, but the lack of updates on PA's Twitter really annoys me (yes, I do follow him - sometimes I need to raise my blood pressure). Even if there is stuff going on behind the scenes, there's no harm in being enthusiastic about it and updating with what stage he and the charities are at - just some active encouragement. I've never seen his stints on This Morning so I'm not sure what he's been upto on that side of things.

If he is intent on this interactive nonsense, why not use it to the charities advantage? Why not post interviews or stories by those fighting or recovering from cancer etc? Why not show that lives can be saved and progress can be made if everyone gets involved? I suppose that can get into the realms of it being exploitative if done in the wrong way, but there's just so much wrong here, I don't really now where to begin... :o:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't see him on Lorraine, did he mention the foundation at all Betty?[/QUOTE]

Didn't see him either - what did he talk about then? :confused: and :o in case I can guess - (the kids, emms, music, wembly, coffee, calendar... )
    Forum Member

I wonder if CAN are holding back because of tax deductabilities on charities? I'm not an expert, but maybe it could get them in hot water if Pete doesn't deliver the end result - i.e. a foundation - and the tax man comes a knocking?

This would not surprise me in the slightest but somehow I don't think anyone can bail him out of this one.

As for tax deductibilitys, that is way over my head but do charities not get a percentage of tax relief depending on funds raised?:confused:
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'm not going to name the actor, but there is one who supports many charities and his fanbase play a massive part in raising money. The fanbase actively encourage donations and keep everyone up to date with what activities he is partaking in or events. They managed to raise over £11,000 in a very short period of time and they do this several times a year (and this is just money from the fans on the likes of Twitter and Tumblr). It's quite refreshing to see fans and celebs working together without having to completely shout from the rooftops, but the lack of updates on PA's Twitter really annoys me (yes, I do follow him - sometimes I need to raise my blood pressure). Even if there is stuff going on behind the scenes, there's no harm in being enthusiastic about it and updating with what stage he and the charities are at - just some active encouragement. I've never seen his stints on This Morning so I'm not sure what he's been upto on that side of things.

If he is intent on this interactive nonsense, why not use it to the charities advantage? Why not post interviews or stories by those fighting or recovering from cancer etc? Why not show that lives can be saved and progress can be made if everyone gets involved? I suppose that can get into the realms of it being exploitative if done in the wrong way, but there's just so much wrong here, I don't really now where to begin... :o :(

Bits in bold..........this is when I turn into a broken record ie him wasting the brilliant opportunity Twitter offers on a plate.

Completely agree re your points about his interactive thingy, there must be hundreds of people who've made a full recovery or making fantastic progress in their battle against cancer & would be delighted to share their story in order to give others hope.
    This I imagine, in turn would be even more of an incentive for people to donate to CRUK
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not a foundation in any meaningful or legal or official sense. ie. it's not a registered charity, or a trust, bound by The Charity Commission regulations. It is a 'foundation' in name only. All PA has done is pledged to raise money for CRUK and attached a justgiving page to his website.

There are, as it stands, no tax implications or obligations. :)
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't suppose on Lorraine's sofa PA explained away his questionable PR stunt he and Emily pulled with the patting of the tummy and her looking all.......whatever ;)

Well, considering PA managed to convince the magazines, papers and of course Twitter that she was pregnant....it was getting ridiculous with all the speculation.

So I gather no explanation then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If he is intent on this interactive nonsense, why not use it to the charities advantage? Why not post interviews or stories by those fighting or recovering from cancer etc? Why not show that lives can be saved and progress can be made if everyone gets involved? I suppose that can get into the realms of it being exploitative if done in the wrong way, but there's just so much wrong here, I don't really now where to begin... :o:(

Great post, kiviraat, you've covered pretty much all the points that distinguish committed fundraising from self-aggrandising but ultimately meaningless, self-serving woffle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It's not a foundation in any meaningful or legal or official sense. ie. it's not a registered charity, or a trust, bound by The Charity Commission regulations. It is a 'foundation' in name only. All PA has done is pledged to raise money for CRUK and attached a justgiving page to his website.

There are, as it stands, no tax implications or obligations. :)

Aha! It all makes sense now, cheers Lexi!

Gawd, I actually thought for one minute PA had gone and done something worthy. I will go and say twenty hail katies at once and (eek, maybe even a viewing of Insania as penance) :eek:

I reckon Pete wears more foundation on his face that he'll ever personally muster for this fund-raising Foundation.
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your suggestions are very commendable....but you must remember this site is...about Peter Andre...for Peter Andre's ego...and just Peter Andre.

If this site is anything like his Twitter, isn't it mainly run by staff, and the silly joke times are him of course :o
    Forum Member
    Apologies in advance for going on & on about PA's pledge to raise £500,000 this year but..........if as Betty says he made this pledge 5 months ago, he only has 7 months left to raise the remaining amount.
    I've just looked at his Just Giving page & a grand total of £1961 has been raised on that. That leaves £498,039. Does anyone know the figures for other projects he surely must have on the go.
    Even someone as disillusioned as myself re his pathetic & wishy washy attempts at Fund raising knows surely there must be more than just short of 2 grand raised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's OK BEL, I tent to run off on a tangent. Probably my fault but I mean well.

And yeah what the above poster said, he was probably paid 10 x more than he raised being filmed for his bike ride tv show and interviews. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt till we know the truth but it looks like he's kept his fee. We will see though, that's what annoyed me. 2K??? But pages of promotion and a tv show.
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    That's OK BEL, I tent to run off on a tangent. Probably my fault but I mean well.

And yeah what the above poster said, he was probably paid 10 x more than he raised being filmed for his bike ride tv show and interviews. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt till we know the truth but it looks like he's kept his fee. We will see though, that's what annoyed me. 2K??? But pages of promotion and a tv show.

I've just had a quick look back & Lexi said Virgin donated a substantial amount to his Just Giving page (When I first read it, I assumed it was for HIPZ but it appears to be for CR).
    Unfortunately PA hasn't had the good grace to update the page, therefore I'm none the wiser as to how much has been raised in total to date.
    Forum Member
    Just had a peek at his TV Channel & he's only gone & announced a competition to be "fan of the week" :eek:
    I'm having that!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a quick look back & Lexi said Virgin donated a substantial amount to his Just Giving page (When I first read it, I assumed it was for HIPZ but it appears to be for CR).
    Unfortunately PA hasn't had the good grace to update the page, therefore I'm none the wiser as to how much has been raised in total to date.

BEL, no, the Virgin donation was to HIPZ via PA. It should have been updated on his page using the 'offline donation' facility to show (a) the total raised, (b) as a courtesy to Virgin for their generosity. He plainly just didn't bother or think it worthwhile to add it. What can you say? :)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a peek at his TV Channel & he's only gone & announced a competition to be "fan of the week" :eek:

:eek:
    Wouldn't it be less embarrassing to just order yourself a calendar and have it delivered in a plain wrapper under cover of darkness?
    Fan of the week ffs.:rolleyes:
    No prizes for guessing who twunt of the year is eh?
    Forum Member
    BEL, no, the Virgin donation was to HIPZ via PA. It should have been updated on his page using the 'offline donation' facility to show (a) the total raised, (b) as a courtesy to Virgin for their generosity. He plainly just didn't bother or think it worthwhile to add it. What can you say? :)

Ah right, thanks Lexi. I think my brain is frazzled with all my Pete fury.:D
    Indeed, what can you say, it appears Mr Perfect has slipped up in not acknowledging Virgin's donation, I defy anyone to defend him for that.
    Wouldn't it be less embarrassing to just order yourself a calendar and have it delivered in a plain wrapper under cover of darkness?

Of course it would be Azura but what if the "fan of the week" prize is TEN years worth of calendars, I ain't missing the opportunity of being able to gaze at him every day until 2024, I'm risking the embarrassment;)
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

th HIPZ donation page is for him and his brother Mike. I don't follow them on twitter but does anyone know if Mike has put tweets asking for donations etc. Going on what the Andre brothers raised between them it shows how well Carl did with the money raised, and he appears to have a far lower profile than PA and his DJ brother.

Regarding the Channel..:yawn:
    Regarding PA's lack of promotion and any input from CAN. I wonder if CAN were asked to keep a back seat, otherwise the "promotion" would have consisted of the usual tweets from Amy and the other CAN clients. Normally the clients big up a new shop opening or new bra line, this is not quite something the charity might want....all just my own opinions and ramblings:)
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies in advance for going on & on about PA's pledge to raise £500,000 this year but..........if as Betty says he made this pledge 5 months ago, he only has 7 months left to raise the remaining amount.
    I've just looked at his Just Giving page & a grand total of £1961 has been raised on that. That leaves £498,039. Does anyone know the figures for other projects he surely must have on the go.
    Even someone as disillusioned as myself re his pathetic & wishy washy attempts at Fund raising knows surely there must be more than just short of 2 grand raised.

Yes :) But there isn't much point posting anything positive on this thread. I'm sure details will be released by CR UK and the Foundation in due course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Regarding PA's lack of promotion and any input from CAN. I wonder if CAN were asked to keep a back seat, otherwise the "promotion" would have consisted of the usual tweets from Amy and the other CAN clients. Normally the clients big up a new shop opening or new bra line, this is not quite something the charity might want....all just my own opinions and ramblings:)

Cazzz, I can only speak from my own experience and that is that charities don't give a flying fig where donations come from as long as they come. No charity in their right mind would turn down support and CR, considering its remit and the non-discriminatory nature of cancer, would be more embracing than most. So no, that's a non-starter.

I have no idea why CAN are low key to date on PA's fundraising, but it's neither here nor there, it's not their responsibility. It's his 'foundation', he's the one that made the pledge on his website, so it's up to him to generate interest, not CAN, not random CANettes, who, to be fair, I'm sure would and will be fully behind him if he ever actually comes up with a proper, committed fundraising plan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I've been a long time lurker on this thread and have been thinking about posting for a while, but this has finally spurred me to. Fans of celebrities (generally Z-list ones) really need to learn that the appropriate response to anyone offering even the slightest criticism is not unpleasant personal insults. I have no idea what Azura wrote on the site (you couldn't pay me to visit it) but he or she is well within their rights to express their opinion on it. You are well within yours to disagree, but insulting him/her is unacceptable.
    But in context, it's a person who daily writes negatively about PA, actively seeks him out regularly. Then they go over to his fan site & do the same on that. Time can't be a factor for some.
    vidalia wrote: »
    There are some pretty insulting things being said about Peter Andre's fans on this thread (deluded nutjobs springs to mind) as well as claims that insulting the 'natives' on that site is Azura Star's new hobby.

Horses for courses I suppose but if fans of Z list celebrities need to learn not to insult those who criticise them, then surely the same applies to non-fans insulting the fans?
    Agree with you. I think his teen fans have more maturity to bother to come here to converse with/about people they don't like though.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree re your points about his interactive thingy, there must be hundreds of people who've made a full recovery or making fantastic progress in their battle against cancer & would be delighted to share their story in order to give others hope.
    This I imagine, in turn would be even more of an incentive for people to donate to CRUK

I imagine if he went about it in the right way, even people that can't warm to him would think that his efforts are commendable and would donate even a couple of quid. I think that seeing people who benefit from the work of cancer charities would make it more inclusive and people can see the *real* side of the battle against cancer.
    Great post, kiviraat, you've covered pretty much all the points that distinguish committed fundraising from self-aggrandising but ultimately meaningless, self-serving woffle.

This is what I don't understand about him. He's been given a *massive* platform by one of the most recognizable charities in the UK, and he still can't pull his finger out and support them properly. It *really* doesn't take a lot to spread the word. I should know. I volunteered for charities for a long time!
    Your suggestions are very commendable....but you must remember this site is...about Peter Andre...for Peter Andre's ego...and just Peter Andre.

If this site is anything like his Twitter, isn't it mainly run by staff, and the silly joke times are him of course :o

I know. That's what makes it really sad is that someone like PA has been chosen and is making a complete hash of it. I actually expected (slightly) more from him, even in a "me me me" sense of "Support this charity because it has the PA Seal of Approval" or some shizz. Oh God, his jokes. I groan whenever I see one pop up on my Tweet Deck *vomit*

:eek: :eek: :eek: ME! It's mine! It's all mine! *turns feral*

I remember just before I moved house, I went into a "Bargain Basement" type establishment and the place was full of PA calendars and unofficial KP ones. I nearly went blind with the amount of greasy flesh on show :D

*sigh* I don't know why I waste my bandwidth on this twerp, but I just love all your comments, good and bad...
This discussion has been closed.