Embarrassing celebrity crushes?

Comments

• Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine, very pretty and seemingly rational, had a crush on Bruce Forsyth and Prince Phillip. She was in her mid twenties at the time, it was about 15 years ago so the two gentleman were knocking on even then. It really was a friend and not me. I am not pretty or rational!

reminds me of when a friend of mine who is also very pretty told me she used to fancy Arthur Scargill (???????????)

and I thought me fancying Terry Christian when I was 17 was shameful enough :D
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I can beat you all! Many years ago I had a crush on Captain Scarlet!! Can you believe that? A crush on a fragmented piece of wood! !

When I was a kid I remember my older sister saying "Captain Scarlet's really good-looking... for a puppet..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It feels so wrong but...OJ Simpson in his younger years. :blush:

My friends and I were commenting on how good looking Oscar Pistorius was, during the Olympics. :blush: It feels awful to say it now after he's killed that poor girl :o
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely recall having a thing about Norman Tebbit during the 1987 General Election. :confused: It must have been the stress of my A Levels addling my brain!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan Coyle and Peter Calapdi are mine. Both much older than me and neither one conventionally good looking, but I'm seriously attracted to them. :blush:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this qualifies as a celebrity, also I'm not embarrassed by it, but I'll say it anyway - I've always fancied Barack Obama. I think he's gorgeous!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Not much of a celeb really but Owen from Corrie, phwoar:blush:

And thumbs up to Obarrek too, he is like well fit:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this qualifies as a celebrity, also I'm not embarrassed by it, but I'll say it anyway - I've always fancied Barack Obama. I think he's gorgeous!

I fancy him too! In fact he's the only politician I've ever been remotely attracted to.
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid I remember my older sister saying "Captain Scarlet's really good-looking... for a puppet..."

Haha, this so made me laugh - I thought the same of Scott Tracy off Thunderbirds when I was (very) young :D
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that's quite normal to be attracted to a powerful person who's not a complete toad looks wise. I was at a function once and Bill Clinton was there, I could not believe my eyes at the number of women swarming around him. This was after he was president.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachelgata wrote: »
    I vaguely recall having a thing about Norman Tebbit during the 1987 General Election. :confused: It must have been the stress of my A Levels addling my brain!
    Hilarious! Never admitted this to anyone especially as I'm a bit of a leftie but I had a thing for him. Not sure if it was his spitting image puppet in leathers that did it but it took a little while to cure my weird crush.
  • May_Flowers1May_Flowers1 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I could never stand Richard Hammond on Top Gear. Then one day when he wore his necklace :blush: I realised I found him sexy! Very strange as I don't go for brown eyes or short men. Also strange that I didn't like him, when subconsciously I fancied him!
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin Thicke :blush::blush:

Ref the poster above who's friend fancied Brucie and DoEd, when I was a teenager (too many years ago :D ) I seriously fancied Michael Parkinson who is 27 years older than me, I think it was the suits he wore on the chat show, I still love a man in a suit ! !
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have weird ones that just creep up on me.

Mel (of Mel and Sue due on British Bakeoff, she's silly but I like it).
    Richard Osma (I like people with pointless facts).
    Patrick Kielty (sometimes he really annoys me, but I love when he speaks).
    Jodie Albert (I don't want to but I can't help it).
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't work out if finding Prince Harry attractive is embarrassing or not? So many go on about Prince William, but the younger brother has always caught my eye!

Doug Savant, who played Tom Scavo in Desperate Housewives. Only embarrassing because DH started when I was 15, so it was like fancying my dad. :o
    Brendan Coyle and Peter Calapdi are mine. Both much older than me and neither one conventionally good looking, but I'm seriously attracted to them. :blush:

Oh I more than understand the first one :p
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing embarrassing about that, Peter Capaldi is absolutely gorgeous, I have a huge crush on him :blush::D
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    Nothing embarrassing about that, Peter Capaldi is absolutely gorgeous, I have a huge crush on him :blush::D

Another vote for Peter Capaldi! I find him especially sexy when he's playing Malcolm Tucker and swearing like a trooper! :o:blush:

I generally have a thing about silver foxes though - I also like Denis Lawson and Jeremy Paxman. :blush: I draw the line at Phillip Schofield though. He does nothing for me. :D
  • VelveteenVelveteen Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Louis Theroux. :blush:

Just hit me out of nowhere the other day.
  • mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I was just about to write Louis Theroux. I've had a massive thing for him for years ;-)
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an embarrassing crush on Tom Hiddleston (aka Loki from Thor/Avengers).

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/imagelibrary/Client%20Images/Client00004/00962000/00962645.jpg

I'm sorry but how is that embarrasing? He's really good looking!

Mine's Cillian Murphy, people always seem to find him strange looking. He is, but I'm definitely attracted to him.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Velveteen wrote: »
    Louis Theroux. :blush:

Just hit me out of nowhere the other day.
    moobly wrote: »
    I was just about to write Louis Theroux. I've had a massive thing for him for years ;-)

Good call, there is something rather dishy about him, nevermind that supposedly sexy cousin of his Justin, Louis is the hunk of that family for me:blush:
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    Phil The Power Taylor.

One-time American Idol contestant Bucky Covington.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Miller
    Ed Balls ( :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Kirsty Wark. :blush:

It's the Scottish accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have a huge crush on Pete Waterman when I was younger and stayed up late to watch Hitman and Her to see him, when me and my husband got engaged and my Dad walked into the engagement party with a polo neck jumper, tweed jacket and white hair my husband said ' god your Dad looks like Pete Waterman' and that's when the crush ended.