Absolutely Disgusting

CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
Forum Member
✭✭
I can't believe how much smoke all the judges are blowing up each other's backsides on this. "Good job Louis, that was so hard." Sorry... are we ignoring the fact you've just shunted someone off? It's hard for who, exactly? You're still getting paid.

It's absolutely disgusting. Nicole with, "If you were in my category, I'd totally swap you." Oh right, that's lovely. Six people sitting there knowing that it might be the end. People who claim the music industry is harder than this seem to be off the chart stupid. The music industry either says yes or no, they don't do both. Jesus.

Comments

• snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate this new bootcamp format, its cruel!:mad: I feel so sorry for the ones who are put through only to be thrown out again. Its not right, its disappointing enough not to go through, but this is too far:mad:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »
    I absolutely hate this new bootcamp format, its cruel!:mad: I feel so sorry for the ones who are put through only to be thrown out again. Its not right, its disappointing enough not to go through, but this is too far:mad:

I have to agree. Its just ramping up the tension and drama for the sake of it, causing unnecessary further upset and distress to the unlucky contestants.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke's friends hair is disgusting :eek:
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I can't believe how much smoke all the judges are blowing up each other's backsides on this. "Good job Louis, that was so hard." Sorry... are we ignoring the fact you've just shunted someone off? It's hard for who, exactly? You're still getting paid.

It's absolutely disgusting. Nicole with, "If you were in my category, I'd totally swap you." Oh right, that's lovely. Six people sitting there knowing that it might be the end. People who claim the music industry is harder than this seem to be off the chart stupid. The music industry either says yes or no, they don't do both. Jesus.

Not entirely the case - some people get signed, only to get dropped before they've actually got anywhere.
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Not entirely the case - some people get signed, only to get dropped before they've actually got anywhere.

I'm aware of this, I mean like at the same time. They don't get signed and then someone else walks in and they rip up the contract. They haven't been signed, they've not even won yet and they're getting bandied about. It's so horrible.

Still, I suppose it's the only way these people know how. If the were good enough for the music industry, they'd follow the conventional means.
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm aware of this, I mean like at the same time. They don't get signed and then someone else walks in and they rip up the contract. They haven't been signed, they've not even won yet and they're getting bandied about. It's so horrible.

Still, I suppose it's the only way these people know how. If the were good enough for the music industry, they'd follow the conventional means.

It's far worse too because they're being publicly humiliated in front of thousands at the time, then millions later on. It's a new low for X factor in a cheap attempt in causing some drama and I find it disgusting how we get to see the contestant so happy to get a seat then have it ripped from then in the last second and have to leave while the crowd have forgotten you already and are cheering the new contender,,,
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »

Did they show his friend? I can't remember
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Did they show his friend? I can't remember

I assume they meant Luke Friend.
  • MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »

The contestants know the format, they know when they take a seat, it doesn't mean they are through to the next round until they have all sung.
  • snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MandyXZ wrote: »
    The contestants know the format, they know when they take a seat, it doesn't mean they are through to the next round until they have all sung.
    I still dont think it is necessary, the contestants know that they are not ALL going to go through thats obvious, I just dont agree that, sticking them on a horse and not letting them ride it is a very fair process.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MandyXZ wrote: »

Do they know this when they audition? Do they know all this before they even sign up? No. And by that point, they're already there, with two auditions down. They're not going to walk at this point, but after watching tonight, I wouldn't audition next series if I knew that was a possibility.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Calm down dear it's only an entertainment show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Calm down dear it's only an entertainment show.

If that is classed as entertainment, then sorry, that's quite a bad example of what the country view as entertaining. I switched it off after a little bit and won't be watching again. Missed most of the series anyway, it's got boring.

X Factor have got what they wanted though, controversy and outrage. Job done!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    benbeez1 wrote: »

he doesn't wash it lol
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they know this when they audition? Do they know all this before they even sign up? No. And by that point, they're already there, with two auditions down. They're not going to walk at this point, but after watching tonight, I wouldn't audition next series if I knew that was a possibility.

Bottom line is, 6 acts to judges house. They've changed how they do it, but the result would probably be the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bottom line is, 6 acts to judges house. They've changed how they do it, but the result would probably be the same.

You sound like a producer. Bottom line is, they basically humiliated several acts for the "entertainment" of the nation. Nothing new there, just a lot more cruel than it used to be. I remember a few years back, I saw the auditions and we were told "don't boo the contestants, boo the judges." Where did the protection of the contestants go?

But to basically be told, "you're out" with an audience of 4000 people chanting "swap swap swap" at you. To walk off, with no explanation, to be thrown under the bus despite only minutes earlier feeling the exhilaration of getting through, it's cruel and seems needlessly vile.

X Factor has always done this, but the process has been a lot softer than it was before now. And then to have that humiliation broadcast to millions and to hear the judges make comments and say things like, "Oh, that was so hard for you Louis." It's just deplorable and I don't see any excuse is acceptable for it, whether it be entertainment or the balance of how cruel the music industry is. No-one should go through that, especially when I can guarantee it's not made aware to them when sign up to audition.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe so, but is the level of humiliation and hurt for the contestants worth whatever it is the producers seem to imagine that the public want?

I think it's beyond sick. :(
  • TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Maybe so, but is the level of humiliation and hurt for the contestants worth whatever it is the producers seem to imagine that the public want?

I think it's beyond sick. :(

In BIB I totally agree with you. Its absolutely awful. My daughter is a singer and I've been saying to her to audition. She said no because her teachers on the music course that she is doing recommend her not to. Saying that its not the real deal and is a public humiliation.

Have to say that I m really pleased that she didn't go for it. She's a really good singer (and I'm not just saying that cos she's my mum) she's up there with the best of them.

If that happened to my daughter I would be gutted for her.

I feel so sorry for them all. I notice that when thy were singing once the seats were full they would also 'sing at' the people in the seats. They did that last night too. I wonder if they were told to do it to add to the drama.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I actually question whether they knew the format atall. Some of the singers who had already got a seat were cheering and shouting for their fellow acts to get a seat, then were leaping all over them and celebrating when they did.

Suddenly the penny dropped when all the seats were taken and they realised the ones left backstage were still being allowed to audition. The looks on their faces when they realised that one of them were going to be dumped out was one of total bewilderment.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea of what was about to happen.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bloody awful, and not only for the one being kicked out after having his/her hopes raised. I only watched one group of them, and couldn't watch any further. The squirming of the one waiting on the stage was just as bad as the one being kicked out. "Should I just say no, or take my own chance?" Awful format, and I won't watch it again. Cruel, and I think it's going far too far for "entertainment" purposes. What next? Can they sing whilst being prodded with sharp sticks, for goodness sake??
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the new format has riled people and got them talking about the show, which is what the producers want!
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even see the point of being this cruel. How many times do these contestants need to hear a yes before they get put through ?

The judges have made this all about them worse than ever this year. The X Factor is more about being cruel and turning people into a nervous wreck then actually finding talent.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Well, the new format has riled people and got them talking about the show, which is what the producers want!

People would be talking about the show either way anyway so nothing new there really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We can thank the "Hunger Games" for this new format.
  • MacartistMacartist Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    We can thank the "Hunger Games" for this new format.

May the odds forever be in your favour :)