Doctor Who cinema screening list

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
Forum Member
✭✭
Do we have a list of cinemas where it will be shown yet? Can't seem to find anything.

Cineworlds diary goes into next year...no mention :-(

Comments

• Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Given that it was only Officially mentioned once and has never been again, I'm guesing whatever plans there were have been dropped.
  • mattwmattw Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fearing the same - seeing as we haven't heard anything since the initial mention except for the BBC ending their 2 year 3d trial after Doctor Who's 50th, I'm a bit worried this plan may have been dropped too.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THERE HAS BEEN NO DROP. Which is good. :D
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i said in other threads,The last time the Beeb did Cinema showings was for The Olympics and they only announced them about a month before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also ive just tweeted my local Cineworld and he said that he suspects that they will be showing it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    also ive just tweeted my local Cineworld and he said that he suspects that they will be showing it

Anything about other cinemas showing it? We only have an odeon and a vue where I live and I'd love to see it on the big screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairy9178 wrote: »
    Anything about other cinemas showing it? We only have an odeon and a vue where I live and I'd love to see it on the big screen.

if they follow any similarity between past Cinema events by the beeb,they were shown at Vue and Cineworld,could be different this time but i would suspect any cinema that wanted to show it would show it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    Cineworld in Castleford is reportedly going to be showing it, so I'm guessing most cineworlds will be.

Source: A staff member i know who works there
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the BBC:
    The 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who will be broadcast simultaneously in more than 70 countries.

The Day of the Doctor, which will star the current Doctor Matt Smith and his predecessor David Tennant, will also be shown in more than 200 UK cinemas.

So far TV networks in 75 countries have agreed to air the show on 23 November.

Tim Davie, chief executive of BBC Worldwide, said he hoped to to take "appointment viewing" to "another level".

"In its 50th anniversary year, we wanted to create a truly international event for Doctor Who fans in as many countries as possible," he continued.

"The simultaneous broadcast and cinema screening of the special across so many countries will make for a fitting birthday tribute to our Time Lord."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24362794
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    What about the Odeon in Sailsbury I want to watch it and I don't drive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Odeon in Sailsbury I want to watch it and I don't drive

the simple answer to that is we don't know yet,Odeon could be one of the chains that take part,they may not be

I don't drive either,but i will take the Bus to whatever cinema local to me is showing it