Tyrone (spoiler)

kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
Forum Member
Just read that Tyrone & Fiz are going to have an affair which I think is a shame because the domestic violence storyline would be more effective if Tyrone and Fiz were only friends and Kirsty's jealousy was totally without basis.

Comments

• trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'd hate to see an affair used as justification for Kirsty's violence, not that it would be anyway, but it might come off like that. It wouldn't be right if Tyrone beat up Kirsty if she had an affair so it shouldn't be vice versa.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did you read that?
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Tyrone to end up with Fizz, but only after this story line plays and plays.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Oh full circle. Tyrone had an affair with Fizz when she arrived in Corrie and he was with Maria.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you read that?

it's been confrimed
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh full circle. Tyrone had an affair with Fizz when she arrived in Corrie and he was with Maria.

Fizz over Maria,,, He was born a idiot that one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    are they still doing the carbon monoxide s/l?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is a Phill Collinson storyline or a Stuart Blackburn plot?

Anyway - it's worth remembering that Tyrone and Kirsty won't be together in his eyes; the marriage is purely a device to give him a chance to gain custody of Ruby. So, to him, it won't be an affair as such.
  • pheobepheobe Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I wonder if this is a Phill Collinson storyline or a Stuart Blackburn plot?

Anyway - it's worth remembering that Tyrone and Kirsty won't be together in his eyes; the marriage is purely a device to give him a chance to gain custody of Ruby. So, to him, it won't be an affair as such.

But if Kirsty finds out there won't be any wedding so he will still have no rights over Ruby :(
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we did have this with Carla and Peter having an affair after her rape at the hands of Frank Foster. Instead of just being friends of Peter supporting her, the writers had to go down an affair route, a stupid move considering it helped give Frank the upper hand.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    it's been confrimed

Where?:confused:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I'm disappointed, that some of the "blame" will go to Tyrone and Fizz for Kirsty's abuse. Tyrone has had his chance to report Kirsty, he would get the help from his mates if he just opened his mouth. Instead he thinks sleeping with Fizz will be the best solution and way out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't Tyrone go to ManKind, the charity Corrie advertises at the end?! I think the storyline would be done more justice if we could see the sort of good work those sort of organisations do for victims. I'd rather that than the story wandering down the stupid affair route. Or go tithe police with all his bruises!! You'd think Fiz or Tommy would make that suggestion! But no, they'd rather attempt some convoluted wedding ploy!
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious the writers would do this, they are so convinced that the general public have minds that work similarly to their own sociopathic selves, (and maybe they mostly do for all I know) that they reckon viewers will lose interest in the show if there isn't some sex inserted at every available opportunity. The prove is in the pudding, someone is raped, so how do they recover? oh I know they better have an steamy affair quickly, that'll do the trick and when somebody else is suffering in an abusive relationship what is the natural solution.... loads of nookie with a neighbour will soften the blows. Jason compliments Stella's dress so she'll have to drag him upstairs and tear off his clothes to thank him. So true to life, pah! Its thanks to this gratuitiousness that no one actually gets time to believe in, much less get worked up and indulge in the storylines anymore. Years ago when Dierdre have the affair with Balders, it was shocking and no one looking on couldn't witness the tension and subsequent fallout. Maybe they should employ writers who have a greater attention span than a gnat's kneecap for a change and go back to making drama instead of a preposterous pastiche of what used to be an effective drama. If the writers could see into my home and watch how my ten year old son rolls his eyes at the characters they might get the message but somehow I sincerely doubt it.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    I'd like Tyrone to end up with Fizz, but only after this story line plays and plays.
    I agree. They should not make it look like all the problem between Kirsty & Tyrone was because of Fiz Bomb.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    I agree. They should not make it look like all the problem between Kirsty & Tyrone was because of Fiz Bomb.

Agreed. They ought to finish the Kirsty & Ty storyline before they lead into a Fizz & Ty s/l. Otherwise, it becomes all about Fizz & Ty when it ought to focus the s/l on crazy K. Just my take.:)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where?:confused:
    Episode 8023: Friday 21 December at 8.30pm

Is Tyrone and Fiz’s affair about to be exposed?
    Kirk and Beth experience a Christmas miracle.
    Kylie points the finger at Eva.

(The Corrie Spoiler thread)

:)
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Pompeygeek wrote: »
    Why doesn't Tyrone go to ManKind, the charity Corrie advertises at the end?! I think the storyline would be done more justice if we could see the sort of good work those sort of organisations do for victims. I'd rather that than the story wandering down the stupid affair route. Or go tithe police with all his bruises!! You'd think Fiz or Tommy would make that suggestion! But no, they'd rather attempt some convoluted wedding ploy!

I totally agree that is what the writers should have done- perhaps once he marries Kirsty and guarantees he has legal rights to the baby then his next step will be to get help properly