Complete Series 7 boxset question

Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
does anybody know, or think it will include both Christmas specials?, this years The Snowmen, and last years The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Good question Octopus, by rights they should be. I'm just interested to see what special features will be on it as there will be no confidentials on it apart from the brief behind the scenes things and pond life seen online or red button.
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will only contain 'The Snowman' as that is the only one part of this season/series.

I know a lot of people expect the other but I doubt it, otherwise it would have been on the part 1 set as well.

Some people expect all the boxsets to contain the Christmas specials but they haven't. Not all the christmas specials appear in the following series boxsets. Season 5's boxset did not contain 'End of Time'.

A lot of people on this forum deliberately haven't bought the previous Christmas special as they expect it to be on the next boxset. I think they may be a little disappointed.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 5's boxset did not contain 'End of Time'.

Series 5 did not include The End of Time, because TEOT was not a part of Series 5 and had nothing to do with Series 5. It was a part of the "2009 specials."
    I know a lot of people expect the other but I doubt it, otherwise it would have been on the part 1 set as well.

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, on the other hand, falls in to the Series 7 block. The half-series releases do not represent the content in the complete series boxset. S6P1 did not include "A Christmas Carol." S6 Complete, did.
    Some people expect all the boxsets to contain the Christmas specials but they haven't.

"The Christmas Invasion" - Series 2 Complete Boxset
    "The Runaway Bride" - Series 3 Complete Boxset
    "Voyage of the Damned" - Series 4 Complete Boxset
    "The Next Doctor / The End of Time" - Complete Specials Boxset
    "A Christmas Carol" - Series 6 Complete Boxset

I expect the complete set will include both episodes... as they are both Series 7 episodes. Hope this helps :)
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually they all have apart from End of Time which was part of the specials box set and would have been really out of place with series 5.

I don't think A Christmas carol was part of the first half series 6 box set but was with the complete one.

I'd be surprised if its not.

Took so long writing this 3 others said the same thing:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, on the other hand, falls in to the Series 7 block.

I'm afraid I disagree. All production comments regarding series 7 refer to 14 episodes - 13 normal episodes and a Christmas special in the middle.

I expect the complete set will include both episodes... as they are both Series 7 episodes. Hope this helps :)

We will see, but I fear you will be very disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    We will see, but I fear you will be very disappointed.

Based on what, however? All historical data, so to speak, points to both episodes being included. You said they aren't always included... but they are, and have been. TDTWTW is no different in falling under Series 7 (7.x as per), so unless there's suddenly a turnaround in procedure, it will be included. It's not going to be omitted from the complete series just because of The Snowmen.

Link

I quote again...
    Some people expect all the boxsets to contain the Christmas specials but they haven't.

Only, they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on what, however? All historical data, so to speak, points to both episodes being included. You said they aren't always included... but they are, and have been. TDTWTW is no different in falling under Series 7 (7.x as per), so unless there's suddenly a turnaround in procedure, it will be included.

There really is no need for such venom. I offered up my opinion and reasoning. It really is a silly thing to get yourself so heated up about. I already have it on Blu Ray so I don't really care one way or the other. Are you really angry with me or with the BBC for even possibly considering not including it?

I really liked your - so unless there's suddenly a turnaround in procedure, it will be included. - comment. You sound very sure of yourself, very cocky. I never said it won't be included, I said I didn't think it would be. Notice the difference between our attitudes?

BTW, when the complete boxset is released, if it doesn't contain the 2011 Christmas special (1 1/2 years after its broadcast) please, please remember your silly post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't make such implications. I was simply describing what has happened before and what is most likely to happen again - referencing your previous posts which included some statements which were false.

I'll be leaving this thread now, thank you. :) Hope my silly posts have shed some light on what may be included, Octopus.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I really liked your - so unless there's suddenly a turnaround in procedure, it will be included. - comment. You sound very sure of yourself, very cocky. I never said it won't be included, I said I didn't think it would be. Notice the difference between our attitudes?

Yes, you're being very aggressive and confrontational, and reading lots into CD93's words that are not there. Whereas CD93 is being perfectly nice and reasonable.

Current procedure is that the previous Christmas special is included in the following series box set, so that they can get each box set into the shops before Christmas. Therefore, the pattern is that it will be included. There's no guarantee that this will happen, but then nobody here is going to know for sure either way.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    By rights, both 2011's and 2012's Christmas specials should be in the full S7 box set. I will be irritated if they aren't both there. I've held off getting last year's Christmas special after being burned the year before by a double-dip when I bought A Christmas Carol separately only to find it in the S6 complete boxed set as well. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, you're being very aggressive and confrontational, and reading lots into CD93's words that are not there. Whereas CD93 is being perfectly nice and reasonable.

Current procedure is that the previous Christmas special is included in the following series box set, so that they can get each box set into the shops before Christmas. Therefore, the pattern is that it will be included. There's no guarantee that this will happen, but then nobody here is going to know for sure either way.

All I ever did was state an opinion, very reasonably. I was then attacked for that opinion. In reality I was attacked, because if my opinion turned out to be correct a lot of people are going to be disappointed. That however is not my fault.

I never made out that my opinion was fact, unlike some on here. Time will tell if my opinion turns out better than other peoples facts.

I am extremely offended if you think my post was aggressive and confrontational. I have re-read it several times and see no aggressive or confrontational language or undertones. In fact, if anything, I believe I was quite reserved and polite.

As I said previously, I already have it on Blu-Ray so I do not care one way or the other.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it will contain both Christmas specials. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well hopefully they will include it, if not I'll just have to buy it separately.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good question Octopus, by rights they should be. I'm just interested to see what special features will be on it as there will be no confidentials on it apart from the brief behind the scenes things and pond life seen online or red button.

I was gutted that they stopped the confidentials, they were interesting to watch after the show on Beeb 3, but I also will be looking forward to the special features.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well hopefully they will include it, if not I'll just have to buy it separately.

Probably the most sensible post on the thread.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    I was gutted that they stopped the confidentials, they were interesting to watch after the show on Beeb 3, but I also will be looking forward to the special features.

I was disappointed that the last box set did not have all the confidentials. I particularly wanted the one with River's Tale from her PoV with clips from the stories she appeared in presented in the order she experienced them. It's the one Confidential that's still on my PVR.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will only contain 'The Snowman' as that is the only one part of this season/series.

Some people expect all the boxsets to contain the Christmas specials but they haven't. Not all the christmas specials appear in the following series boxsets. Season 5's boxset did not contain 'End of Time'.

A lot of people on this forum deliberately haven't bought the previous Christmas special as they expect it to be on the next boxset. I think they may be a little disappointed.

All the Christmas specials have all been available as part of the boxsets.

I know you're saying it's your opinion that Widow/Wardrobe won't be on the Complete Series 7 set, but let's put it this way: since 2005 my mum has made turkey for Christmas dinner, and so based on previous evidence I can only assume she will do so this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sohoguy wrote: »
    since 2005 my mum has made turkey for Christmas dinner.

She made turkey???? We always had a real one.

Sorry, so sorry. :o

Anyway, when I was a kid my Mam always cooked a turkey for Christmas dinner, every year. Then one year she was rushed into hospital a week before Christmas, a massive shock. We had no 'Christmas dinner' that year. You shouldn't expect things just because 'that's the way it's always been'.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Anyway, when I was a kid my Mam always cooked a turkey for Christmas dinner, every year. Then one year she was rushed into hospital a week before Christmas, a massive shock. We had no 'Christmas dinner' that year. You shouldn't expect things just because 'that's the way it's always been'.

Equally, to go into Christmas every year expecting your mother to be rushed into hospital just because it happened that one time, would be a miserable way to spend the festive season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Equally, to go into Christmas every year expecting your mother to be rushed into hospital just because it happened that one time, would be a miserable way to spend the festive season.

I never said that, I was simply pointing out that you shouldn't simply expect things just because that's how it's always been or because you simply want it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is still going on?

I don't think they would miss the 2011 Xmas special out to be honest, wouldn't really make any sense when the other box sets are complete. Nobody would even be questioning this if the current series didn't have the 2012 special in the middle.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think the answer us boxset buyers are looking for can be found in the 2009 specials blu-ray boxset.

The Next Doctor was the last episode broadcast in SD only and was not included in the series 4 boxset(released just before it aired). Yet the set included a upscaled version with the rest of that years specials. So that set covered from Dec 2008 through to Jan 2010.

Admittedly I could be wrong but I would expect based on that the set will include TDTWATW.

Fire at will....................... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »

Fire at will....................... :)

Too easy a target. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow the series 7 Box Set is going to have the most episodes yet isnt it....THe Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe, Series 7.1 (5 episodes), The Snowmen, Series 7.2 (8 episodes) plus Pond Life and many other extras too....cannot wait for it to be released....i reckon that may be released the Summer parhaps? Or will it be released November 2013? Maybe to promote it alongside whatever 50th Special(s) are going ahead too?
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    every dr who episode bar none since its comeback in 2005 has been released twice 1st as a vanilla release then in complete season/specials boxset.the complete boxset will have the 13 episodes and 2 christmas specials in it.the big question is when will it be released?i predict a season 7 part 2 release shortly after season 7 finishes being transmitted then a complete boxset round about nov 2013 to tie in with the anniversary/christmas market.long wait for it guys and gals though!