Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    I don't know much about this woman but that is a very honest article. I've been there and back and I know the guilt, sorrow and downright misery of having a parent in this position. Please don't comment unless you have had a similar experience.

I have. I was my mother's carer for the last few years of her life, and I would never do anything like this. yes, in many respects it is honest, but the presentation - me me me - and the shameless use of her mother to promote her new book (and that is the only reason for publishing this piece now rather than, say, five years ago) is utterly, utterly disgusting. She has sold her mothers dignity and privacy. No censure is too harsh. She's not fit to keep a dog (but we all know that anyway), much less 'care' for another human being. This article proves beyond question that there is no depth to which she will not stoop on her quest for copy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    Well I too am in a similar position and if one of my siblings published a photo like that of our mother, who cannot give her permission, I would take legal action against them and the care home for allowing such a gross invasion of privacy. Liz admits that she uses every part of her miserable life as column fodder, that's fine but when she involves innocent people, who can't object then that is beyond all decency. If you do have a year or two to find out more about Liz Jones then you will see how low she stoops regarding using real people in her life. Strangely she has had to make up a pretend rock star boyfriend to fill column inches now as he, at least, can't sue her.

To be strictly fair - and concerning Jones, this hurts - her mother is in her own house. That said, I'm sure the nurses and care company are thrilled to have their names printed in this vile excuse for journalism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That latest article is sickening. The woman can't be bothered to make time to even visit her mother regularly and yet she acts like she's the one we should have sympathy for.
    Feeling unable to cope with caring for an elderly relative is one thing, but not even visiting is just awful.
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has also moaned in the past about how SHE alone pays for her mother's care,and about how carers left her mum hanging naked in front of the window in the hoist. Loving daughter my backside.

I feel for people with elderly parents with dementia, but this abysmal article is written to assuage any guilt felt by uncaring heartless individuals like her. Not people who care about their parent and try to do the very best they can.

I still think taking a photographer/make up person to her mother's home is just sick. I hope nobody buys her rotten book.:mad:
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    My God, I've read a lot of the shit this woman writes but that article about her mum is the most vile, disgusting piece of 'journalism' I've ever read in my life.

I would pay to meet this hack and give her a reason to write about herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I think Jones has hit the bottom of the barrel: a) allowing her (clearly non-consenting) mother to be photographed. b) It is clear that she has popped in, slipped an apron and gloves on (over her coat FFS) for the photo and then ****ed off. c) Wishing her dead. Again. d) Milking the pitiful wages of her carer(s) whilst glorying elsewhere about her £900 lamp, her £500 shoes, her £55 thong *boak*. d) Casually dropping in her mother's dress size....

I always thought that the Jo Yeates piece was enough for me to despise her to my dying day... but this? Vile. Putrid. Appalling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jones has hit the bottom of the barrel: a) allowing her (clearly non-consenting) mother to be photographed. b) It is clear that she has popped in, slipped an apron and gloves on (over her coat FFS) for the photo and then ****ed off. c) Wishing her dead. Again. d) Milking the pitiful wages of her carer(s) whilst glorying elsewhere about her £900 lamp, her £500 shoes, her £55 thong *boak*. d) Casually dropping in her mother's dress size....

I always thought that the Jo Yeates piece was enough for me to despise her to my dying day... but this? Vile. Putrid. Appalling.

I didn't think she could sink any lower, but apparently she can. Now what was that nasty word IK called her?
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She only knew three phrases:"thank you, I'm getting better" and "I'm so sorry" :(

She shot up to a size 22 (The horror!)

Creamed her....B.O.......Changed pad

Yup, nice one Liz. You have completely degraded your dying Mother.

Why not go the whole hog and photograph her, in need, in pain, and stick it online and in a national newspaper. There for eternity. Oh, you have? Well you better be prepared to take the flak as this is the lowest thing ANYONE can do. And a hell of a lot of people are not happy about it.

Thank god for Edna's carers. Thank god for carers everywhere. This THING isn't one. This THING isn't even human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off Liz Jones after she promised to shave her head for charity after being inspired by Jessie J. Why agree to it in the first place and ask for people's money if you aren't going to do it.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    I went off Liz Jones after she promised to shave her head for charity after being inspired by Jessie J. Why agree to it in the first place and ask for people's money if you aren't going to do it.

Attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not one of the Ofcom whinger types,never done it before in my life, but I have complained now to the PCC, it;s so unfair on Mrs Jones. She is entitled to her privacy.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She only knew three phrases:"thank you, I'm getting better" and "I'm so sorry" :(

She shot up to a size 22 (The horror!)

Creamed her....B.O.......Changed pad

Yup, nice one Liz. You have completely degraded your dying Mother.

Why not go the whole hog and photograph her, in need, in pain, and stick it online and in a national newspaper. There for eternity. Oh, you have? Well you better be prepared to take the flak as this is the lowest thing ANYONE can do. And a hell of a lot of people are not happy about it.

Thank god for Edna's carers. Thank god for carers everywhere. This THING isn't one. This THING isn't even human.

Errr it's what happens. Old people lose their dignity. She's just telling it like it is.
    The carers my own mum had were a disgrace. Couldn't get away fast enough -to the point where they left a partially sighted confused old woman talking to herself because they's gone and slammed the front door while she was still having (what she thought) was a conversation. When I got there half an hour later she was convinced that the 'carer' was ignoring her and not answering her.She didn't even say goodbye :(
    . Yes there are carers who are great but there are carers who are a disgrace to call themselves by that name :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr it's what happens. Old people lose their dignity. She's just telling it like it is.
    The carers my own mum had were a disgrace. Couldn't get away fast enough -to the point where they left a partially sighted confused old woman talking to herself because they's gone and slammed the front door while she was still having (what she thought) was a conversation. When I got there half an hour later she was convinced that the 'carer' was ignoring her and not answering her.She didn't even say goodbye :(
    . Yes there are carers who are great but there are carers who are a disgrace to call themselves by that name :(

That is dreadful for your mum and you to have that experience.
    The difference is you were a daughter who was doing her very best to help,and who spent time with her mother.

This woman has repeatedly written nasty things about what a deprived child she was because her mum made her clothes etc,and she never had a pony:rolleyes: .She even says in that article that the six surviving children left their mother alone for Christmas.I seriously doubt you would do that.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones is simply an inadequate in every possible way. The only redress the public has is not to buy her book. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones is simply an inadequate in every possible way. The only redress the public has is not to buy her book. :mad:

Doh! Should I cancel my pre-order?;):D
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....And so the pattern continues to repeat itself. First she insults and offends people with some nasty spiteful article. Then she cops a truckload of flak, which she responds to by rewriting history and applying a very selective memory about what she actually said (her Clare Balding comments were just playful fun, apparently) and casting herself as the innocent victim of horrid bullying. Then she uses the suffering, illness or bereavement of someone else--usually a family member, always involving shameful intrusiveness and exploitation--to win back readers' sympathies.

Horrible. Every time you think she can't sink any lower, along comes something even worse. It breaks my heart to think of a photographer standing at the end of the bed and taking that photo. Can't her siblings somehow stop her from invading her mother's privacy like this? What are the Mail thinking, publishing something so insensitive and intrusive?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes old people do lose their dignity amongst the people that are caring for her. The difference being most decent people wouldn't remove the last shreds od privacy and dignity their own mother had left for the sake of making money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    ....And so the pattern continues to repeat itself. First she insults and offends people with some nasty spiteful article. Then she cops a truckload of flak, which she responds to by rewriting history and applying a very selective memory about what she actually said (her Clare Balding comments were just playful fun, apparently) and casting herself as the innocent victim of horrid bullying. Then she uses the suffering, illness or bereavement of someone else--usually a family member, always involving shameful intrusiveness and exploitation--to win back readers' sympathies.

Horrible. Every time you think she can't sink any lower, along comes something even worse. It breaks my heart to think of a photographer standing at the end of the bed and taking that photo. Can't her siblings somehow stop her from invading her mother's privacy like this? What are the Mail thinking, publishing something so insensitive and intrusive?

Dreadful isn't it. Turning up at her mum's with a make-up person and a photographer, and going into her bedroom. I just can't get over it.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Dreadful isn't it. Turning up at her mum's with a make-up person and a photographer, and going into her bedroom. I just can't get over it.

What would make it a shred more palatable is if the money Liz made from exploiting her mother like this was goung to a charity that provided help and care for dementia patients snd their families.

Instead it will be spent on some frivolous crap like teeth steaming or nostril implants.
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I find Liz's posting of a photograph of her very sick mother distasteful, I'm not sure that this particular article qualifies her as a "vile bitch".

Dementia is a lingering and horrible disease that destroys our loved ones slowly and cruelly.
    Many of us try for as long as we can to look after those we love, until it becomes impossible. I have to agree with her that some times the best care, ultimately, doesn't come from those closest.
    Much of this article actually centres around the wonderful people who look after her mum every day. I, too, appreciate the staff who treat my lost father with such gentleness and care, and carry out all the grim tasks that, much as I love him, I would find as difficult as she does.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astor wrote: »
    Whilst I find Liz's posting of a photograph of her very sick mother distasteful, I'm not sure that this particular article qualifies her as a "vile bitch".

I actually believe that Liz Jones has a mental disorder - the picture of her as a child - she looks so haunted, maybe her life problems have pushed her over the edge, the good thing is that she is easy to avoid, I am sure a lot of people have pity for her sad life.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, that article was all "me, me, me, me, me, myself, blah blah..."

It's awful when people make the suffering of their own relatives about themselves. Jones needs to remember that she is not the patient. However distressed she is that her mother is ill, her mother's suffering will be exponentially worse.

It's disgusting to exploit her mother like this in order to bolster her neurotic, shallow public image and sell her new book. I noticed she shoe-horned in another irrelevant anorexia mention in the article.

I think she knows exactly what she's doing in everything she writes, rather than being truly mentally ill, which makes her even more disgusting and immoral.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astor wrote: »

Dementia is a lingering and horrible disease that destroys our loved ones slowly and cruelly.
    Many of us try for as long as we can to look after those we love, until it becomes impossible. I have to agree with her that some times the best care, ultimately, doesn't come from those closest.
    Much of this article actually centres around the wonderful people who look after her mum every day. I, too, appreciate the staff who treat my lost father with such gentleness and care, and carry out all the grim tasks that, much as I love him, I would find as difficult as she does.

Were the photo, or the intimate detail (one inaccurate) entirely necessary ? No. Did she strip her mother of pretty much every remaining shred of privacy & dignity she'd retained ? Yes. Did the care firm and nurses give their permission for be named in the piece ? We don't know, but on past form, very likely not. Why was this piece published now and not, say, three years ago ? Because she has a book to push. Is she a vile bitch for doing any or all of the above ? The consensus, in this forum and also the wider world seems to be overwhelmingly, yes. It was her decision to write this piece, and garner publicity for herself and her book, or not, and respect her mother's privacy. She chose the former, because the notion of, indeed the very word "respect", is totally alien to her.

A better journalist than Jones - and she is truly a very, very poor excuse for a journalist - could have written this piece without the continuous mememeism and the gratuitous personal detail, yet with greater impact. She claims in an interview in The Stylist she turned down a salary of £700,000 from the Express. Truly, Monopoly money in every respect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warning - disturbing photos.

http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/the-liz-jones-interview?fb_comment_id=fbc_333070866826884_1606134_333129323487705#image-rotator-1

Um... I thought picking up cats infringed their feline rights ? Do as I say, not as I do...

A taster for the lies within:

Do you respond to reader comments about your columns?

Well I’m not allowed to do Twitter because [the Daily Mail] are worried about the level of abuse I’d get. I only looked at the comments once, when I wrote a piece about Holly Willoughby not wearing make-up [Liz wrote that it was a “betrayal to women”]. I actually wrote in the piece that she’s a goddess but that maybe she makes women who don’t look like that without make-up feel a bit bad about themselves, so I wasn’t really nasty about her.

Er... no, she actually said no such thing in that article: check for yourselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Warning - disturbing photos.

http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/the-liz-jones-interview?fb_comment_id=fbc_333070866826884_1606134_333129323487705#image-rotator-1

Um... I thought picking up cats infringed their feline rights ? Do as I say, not as I do...

A taster for the lies within:

Do you respond to reader comments about your columns?

Well I’m not allowed to do Twitter because [the Daily Mail] are worried about the level of abuse I’d get. I only looked at the comments once, when I wrote a piece about Holly Willoughby not wearing make-up [Liz wrote that it was a “betrayal to women”]. I actually wrote in the piece that she’s a goddess but that maybe she makes women who don’t look like that without make-up feel a bit bad about themselves, so I wasn’t really nasty about her.

Er... no, she actually said no such thing in that article: check for yourselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165732/Holly-Willoughby-Betraying-women-going-barefaced-Says-Liz-Jones-says-real-feminists-trowel-make-up.html
    No No No, Bellagio, we are just being 'too stupid' to understand her.