The Dolly Rockers very successful...WOW!? (X Factor 2006)

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
They get millions and millions of views on youtube! They were X Factor 2006!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TCMUvA_zU

Comments

• PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Success has nothing to do with the number of views on youtube.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats good, i dont know who they where on the show though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    Success has nothing to do with the number of views on youtube.

if your a partner you get 40p per view, thats how it is in the uk anyway, i should know :cool:
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Scott Mills used to play one of their tracks as a recurring joke a few years ago, but wow, 5 million views for something fairly recent! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly certain the views have more to do with Rihanna than them, as the title is very misleading. Also their other videos don't get many views and they don't have many subscribers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if your a partner you get 40p per view, thats how it is in the uk anyway, i should know :cool:

That has nothing to do with success. Rebecca Black has had zillion views but everybody hated her song. I can watch a video and hate it.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

Does that still happen even if you're covering someones song or do the royalties go to the original artist?
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Decent number of views and likes, worth taking a punt on.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    The only reason it has millions of views is because of the timing of the video. It was uploaded close enough to when Diamonds was released by Rihanna that the knock on effect helps them. The fact that the song was a worldwide hit will mean more searches on YouTube for "Diamonds" and Rihanna fans will share it around because it's a decent cover of her track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that still happen even if you're covering someones song or do the royalties go to the original artist?

im not sure about that tbh..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    The name rings a bell but I'm still not sure if I've heard their stuff.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never heard
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has nothing to do with success. Rebecca Black has had zillion views but everybody hated her song. I can watch a video and hate it.

Erm... she got a recording contract because of it, made loads of money... how does that not count as success? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got noticed and then had success (or maybe not).
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got noticed and then had success (or maybe not).

I don't understand what you define to be success. She was on talk shows, appeared in Katy Perry's music video, made a shite load of money. Not to mention that you still remember her name 2 years after she released Friday. That doesn't match the description of "unsuccessful".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're talking about Rebecca Black ? I mean success is selling singles and albums. Views on youtube have nothing to do with it. I saw her video, didn't like it, didn't buy the album.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cover is so good! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only if it's your original content. You can't make money from somebody else's copyrighted material.