Celebs kids being mooted as fashion trendsetters

Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the ultimate pre school style icon, Suri Cruise. The only under 5 who looks like she's permanently late for a business meeting
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    They aren't any more appealing or even stylish as a lot of normal kids on the street.

Romeo Beckham in particular is a classic case of nepotism- if you saw him as a regular child you'd think he had his granddads false teeth in, not that he is the next big thing in fashion modelling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't any more appealing or even stylish as a lot of normal kids on the street.

Romeo Beckham in particular is a classic case of nepotism- if you saw him as a regular child you'd think he had his granddads false teeth in, not that he is the next big thing in fashion modelling.

spot on
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

Tru dat
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rather cruel to pick on his looks don't you think?

The kid's 10 years old and his mother's using him, that's more to the point. The nepotism has nothing to do with his teeth - they're something he can't help.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The kid's 10 years old and his mother's using him, that's more to the point. The nepotism has nothing to do with his teeth - they're something he can't help.

Hmmm.
    I don't quite see why Romeo Beckham necessarily merits two threads about the same topic.
    @Saltydog-it's a bit rich of you to take umbrage with an FM for commenting on Romeo's teeth,when in the OTHER thread about him,you yourself made the comment
    "it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be gay"

Seems a bit odd to be pulling people up for making remarks about a 10 year old boy's physical appearance(and FWIW he looks fine to me) when you yourself are more than happy to cast aspersions on his sexuality.
    Still,as long as it's another stick to beat his parents with (and I'm not a fan of EITHER), who cares?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.
    I don't quite see why Romeo Beckham necessarily merits two threads about the same topic.
    @Saltydog-it's a bit rich of you to take umbrage with an FM for commenting on Romeo's teeth,when in the OTHER thread about him,you yourself made the comment
    "it wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be gay"

Seems a bit odd to be pulling people up for making remarks about a 10 year old boy's physical appearance(and FWIW he looks fine to me) when you yourself are more than happy to cast aspersions on his sexuality.
    Still,as long as it's another stick to beat his parents with (and I'm not a fan of EITHER), who cares?

Um, I did say there was nothing wrong in being gay, if indeed he does turn out to be, and it's a bit different from saying 'he looks like he's got his grandad's false teeth in'.

I think he looks OK too - his teeth are something he can't help and they'll change as he gets older. :D

Back on topic. Speaking of of Suri Cruise, she's supposed to have a 2 million dollar wardrobe, but most of the time she's in clothes which look like they've been kicked round her bedroom floor and could come from a charity shop.

She's a cute kid when she's not scowling. ;)
  • ChowderHeadChowderHead Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I hope this Mayan prophecy is true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this Mayan prophecy is true!

:confused:
    Forum Member

I'm sure he'll be crying himself to sleep over it in one of his many multi-million dollar homes tonight.

I don't dislike the kid, merely saying he's just an average looking boy who got the gig because of his parents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, I did say there was nothing wrong in being gay, if indeed he does turn out to be, and it's a bit different from saying 'he looks like he's got his grandad's false teeth in'.

I think he looks OK too - his teeth are something he can't help and they'll change as he gets older. :D

Back on topic. Speaking of of Suri Cruise, she's supposed to have a 2 million dollar wardrobe, but most of the time she's in clothes which look like they've been kicked round her bedroom floor and could come from a charity shop.

She's a cute kid when she's not scowling. ;)

There IS nothing wrong with being gay.
    I just find it curious that YOU chose to mention your opinion on the sexual orientation of a little boy in a thread about a photoshoot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he'll be crying himself to sleep over it in one of his many multi-million dollar homes tonight.

I don't dislike the kid, merely saying he's just an average looking boy who got the gig because of his parents.

.....and then you had a go at his teeth.
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Don't forget the ultimate pre school style icon, Suri Cruise. The only under 5 who looks like she's permanently late for a business meeting

I'm 98% sure she's the anti-Christ.
    Forum Member
    .....and then you had a go at his teeth.

Yes I did- it's all context.

He does have rather sizeable teeth, which I used as a reference point when sayinhg he wasn't chosen just because of his looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it curious that YOU chose to mention your opinion on the sexual orientation of a little boy in a thread about a photoshoot.

It's an opinion, not a homophobic rant.

Get down off your moral high horse for goodness sake. :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 98% sure she's the anti-Christ.

With a *father* like that, who'd be surprised?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.

It's not just about Romeo. Did you even bother to look at the links I posted? :confused:
    who cares?

You did, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to respond to the thread.
  • katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJP's girls look nice in their clothes and if I had a girl, I'd like these clothes because they are decent wear compared to a tot I saw last week wearing hotpants. Just weird looking they were with her booty clad in tight shorts over a diaper.

As for Romeo(Better slip into body armour for the knives coming my way!) I agree with everything you say.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJP's girls look nice in their clothes and if I had a girl, I'd like these clothes because they are decent wear compared to a tot I saw last week wearing hotpants. Just weird looking they were with her booty clad in tight shorts over a diaper.

SJP's twins are really cute and I agree, they look lovely. Their coats remind me of the ones Princess Anne and Charles wore when they were small, and William wore something similar when he was little.

Even so, the press shouldn't consider them fashion trendsetters at their age.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I found that curious too, and just because he happens to like and have an interest in fashion...? Odd.

Love the mini SJP's coats. And Harper's wardrobe, though on the excessive side, is rather lovely too. And Suri Cruise could teach her 'fashion designer' mother a few things about style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I found that curious too, and just because he happens to like and have an interest in fashion...? Odd.

Love the mini SJP's coats. And Harper's wardrobe, though on the excessive side, is rather lovely too.

Thanks-:)-I was starting to think it was just me(although it's hard to see all you little people from up here on my moral high horse;))
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an opinion, not a homophobic rant.

Get down off your moral high horse for goodness sake. :D

What makes you ask about a child's sexuality??
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks-:)-I was starting to think it was just me(although it's hard to see all you little people from up here on my moral high horse;))

Is it a moral high clothes horse? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Is it a moral high clothes horse? ;)

Of course,dahling-designed by Burberry;)