How to get Sky upstairs?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Hey guys,

Was wondering, what is the best way of ensuring good quality of sending sky to one of the TV's upstairs? Also is there a way to send it to all 3 TV's upstairs?

thanks,
Techno.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    check out the tvlink website
    www.tvlink.co.uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I don't understand this, what do you buy? How do you connect it up? From what i can see, this only enables you to use the remote upstairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use one of THESE to get sky upstairs, you could buy 2 additional receivers then its on all 3 tvs upstairs?!

Do all the tvs have scart sockets??
  • davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Techno05 wrote:
    I don't understand this, what do you buy? How do you connect it up? From what i can see, this only enables you to use the remote upstairs.
    You're right, you need to run some co-ax to the upstairs room. Alternatively take mrvanx's advice and buy a digisender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Whats a co-ax?

Mrvanx, what is the quality like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    hi mate
    i also have three tvs upstairs,here is my set up
    i ran a single length of coax cable(good quality) from the rf2 output on my digibox to my loft.

i bought a 4 way slx distributution amplifier from ebay for 20 quid including the postage and connected the coax from downstairs to it,from there i ran 3 seperate lengths of coax from the amplifier to all 3 tvs it really is easy mate

the amplifier runs from the power of the digibox so you dont need to have power in the loft and the best bit is it has digital bypass feature which means i can connect magic eyes to all 3 tvs upstairs and controll y sky box from anywhere in the house

hope this helps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    argos sells an av sender for £25 which i think is very good value
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I misunderstood Techno05's first post but I assumed that "good quality" meant something better than the crappy video and mono audio from the RF output. That being the case, a videosender might be an option (although it doesn't work for everyone) or a system such as the "MileStone CAT5E" (not cheap).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Techno05 wrote:
    Whats a co-ax?

Mrvanx, what is the quality like?

Co-ax is the round cable you use to get the signal from your roof-top aerial, also the signal from your dish gets to the set-top box with special coax.

The quality from the digisender is exactly how it is downstairs, is REALLY good. I work at Argos and can say the 25 quid AV sender is total garbage (ive used that one first) its no good at all the digital phone, Wifi and microwave drive them MENTAL. With the Digisenders the only thing that it doesnt like is the microwave but thats a VERY small price to pay.
  • JasonLVCJasonLVC Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've got a digisender and they are very good, but when I upgraded my CRT to an LCD, the picture quality was terrible.

These videosenders only send the signal in RF/Composite even though they connect via Scart.

Just thought I'd let you know of my experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    i have an av sender that i got from argos 24.99 to send it to one room up the stairs no wires no hassle even the remote works with it great picture just like watching sky in the livingroom