The Sun - Destroying lives and still in print

2»

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two Sun journalists are currently receiving psychiatric treatment after trying to commit suicide following their arrests in the illegal payments to public figures inquiry.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and is rupert paying their medical bills ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe so - one of them tried to jump off Westminster Bridge
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Whose lives has it 'destroyed' exactly? Roy Keane, Bill Roache and Danni Minogue seem to be doing perfectly well as far as I can tell.

Denholm Elliott's daughter for one.

This may have been the NoW but this culture runs right through N.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9cnlbzhgk

If you cant spare 3.52 then go to 2.50 onwards

A rare example of a guilty conscience in an industry normally devoid of it. :(
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The Sun will always be a very negative thing in journalism. It's as two-faced as hell at times. Not that they're much better, but I prefer The Mirror.
    all yu tend to read is either sport or sex in the sun the mirror ,was also bad,both had there page 3 type girls ..
    what makes it even more laughable they both claim to be "family" newspapers .Thats like saying hitler was a nice guy and german (both are untrue he was evil and a austrian ).
    Did not news of the world the sun and the mirror feature nude a certain page 3 girl sam fox when she was 15??
    We know that because sam fox wrote a book about her father ,who tried to sell nude pics of his daughter at either 14 or 15 to certain newspapers and mens magazines (note it was legal then). She actually posed for these newspapers at the age of 15... lucky for her she sacked him as soon as she reached 18..
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Whose lives has it 'destroyed' exactly? Roy Keane, Bill Roache and Danni Minogue seem to be doing perfectly well as far as I can tell.

Denholm Elliott's daughter for one.

This may have been the NoW but this culture runs right through N.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9cnlbzhgk

If you cant spare 3.52 then go to 2.50 onwards

A rare example of a guilty conscience in an industry normally devoid of it. :(
    Add actor David Scarboro to the list (he played the original Mark Fowler in EastEnders). Poor lad, they drove him to suicide when he jumped off Beachy Head. :(

Also Russell Harty who they hounded when he was in hospital dying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rupert Murdoch is very proud of The Sun - he said so yesterday:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    The front page in England today was just horrible, immature and totally unnecessary. The Scottish Sun is different, thank heavens, it had a totally different front page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I don't like the Guardian I think it is a smug paper who contributed to the NOTW closing down and people losing jobs so I simply don't buy it. .

I don't agree with that at all. Murdoch threw the NOTW to the wolves in a desperate attempt to save the rest of his UK empire. You can hardly blame the Guardian for its part in helping to bring to light the massive culture of lies and deceit they worked in.

When the NOTW features editor debated the issue with the Guardian's Nick Davis (whom he blamed for the Milly Dowler story) he made it clear that he DIDN'T blame the Dowler story for the NOTW closing:
    Look, I’m not here to justify [hacking]. I don’t think the News of the World has been exonerated, I think there’s every… Um, you can justify the closure of the paper even. I’m not here to do that. I’m here to talk about the Guardian getting facts wrong.