Respawn Entertainment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For people who may want to know Respawn Entertainment has launched their site.

Jason West and Vince Zampella’s (former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty franchise) are the new development team behind Respawn Entertainment, funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts. The site includes a blurry tease of their first project.

I wonder what it might be? Probably a FPS but maybe futuristic/ sci-fi?

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Link

According to this it IS a space-based FPS. New Ip. Nice.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Link

According to this it IS a space-based FPS. New Ip. Nice.

Is that a screenshot of the Wii version? :D

:o
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    They will be racing against time to get this game out before this generation of consoles ends. It is so far out that they will be teasing forever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or does that look like a dodgy pic of the loch ness monster?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »

It actually does a bit:eek:
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »

Given the over use of effects these days that is probably what the game actually looks like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link :eek:
    Respawn Entertainment's first project won't be released until 2015, according to a developer working on the title.

Concept artist Iain McCaig, who has previously worked on designs for films in the Star Wars and Harry Potter franchises, revealed the title won't see release for another four years.

"I'm having the most fun working with Respawn Entertainment right now, and I hate that I can't show you guys what I'm doing there until 2015," he told attendees at the Develop conference in Brighton.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    They have since denied that - but if they starting a new IP and engine from scratch it isn't going to be any time soon. PS4 launch title ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    They have since denied that - but if they starting a new IP and engine from scratch it isn't going to be any time soon. PS4 launch title ;-)

So did he just guess 2015 then? :confused: yeah it's gonna take a while but not that long :D You never know maybe XBOX720 :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so this title is next-gen. We know that.

Here's an interesting one. EA have good ties with Sony. Their games do well on the PS3, and Sony has timed exclusive BF3 DLC.

Now - imagine Respawn's game comes out, plops all over COD, all the CODites switch to this new game and Sony pulls out another timed exclusive deal.

Won't that be an interesting one. What will all those Xbox fan boys do!
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

Here's an interesting one. EA have good ties with Sony. Their games do well on the PS3, and Sony has timed exclusive BF3 DLC.

Now - imagine Respawn's game comes out, plops all over COD, all the CODites switch to this new game and Sony pulls out another timed exclusive deal.

Stay on xbox? I expect their release to all but kill COD off, timed exclusive or not COD on PS3 has always been inferior to the xbox. Its not the PS3's fault its just IW/Treyarch did a poor job, so I expect everybody will stay with what they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a477327/xbox-720-to-get-exclusive-from-call-of-duty-developers-studio-respawn.html

Looks like we could be seeing what the Playstation fanboys are going to do. Ouch.

If true, it will be a small coup for Xbox. I say small because I would say a large percentage of console owners don't know or care who Respawn are. But if their new release turns into the next COD series or has the impact Modern Warfare had, (that is a big if) then it surely it will become a major coup.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a477327/xbox-720-to-get-exclusive-from-call-of-duty-developers-studio-respawn.html

Looks like we could be seeing what the Playstation fanboys are going to do. Ouch.

If true, it will be a small coup for Xbox. I say small because I would say a large percentage of console owners don't know or care who Respawn are. But if their new release turns into the next COD series or has the impact Modern Warfare had, (that is a big if) then it surely it will become a major coup.

I could not care if its exclusive. One game is not going to make me switch from PlayStation to Xbox, Not when it has lots of good exclusive titles. If the game does turn out to be amazing it won't stay exclusive for long.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    If the game does turn out to be amazing it won't stay exclusive for long.
    It depends on how much money MS are willing to cough up.

After the trouble with Activision and the Modern Warfare rights, I'm not sure if Respawn would sign away their brand new IP, but it could work out like Gears Of War, where Epic Games (who own the Gears IP) have said that they would like to see the franchise on PlayStation but MS continues to make it worth their while to stay exclusive.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    It depends on how much money MS are willing to cough up.

After the trouble with Activision and the Modern Warfare rights, I'm not sure if Respawn would sign away their brand new IP, but it could work out like Gears Of War, where Epic Games (who own the Gears IP) have said that they would like to see the franchise on PlayStation but MS continues to make it worth their while to stay exclusive.

BIB: So freaking true its unreal. People who keep saying MS or Sony or indeed nintendo (but who wants Wii games, HAHAHA) hold titles and sort of hold the game makers to ransom, when its just that they offer a better deal. MS doesnt have much control outside its own publishing and development arms, other than offering a better deal to 3rd parties than the competition can offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I could not care if its exclusive. One game is not going to make me switch from PlayStation to Xbox, Not when it has lots of good exclusive titles. If the game does turn out to be amazing it won't stay exclusive for long.

One game may not make you switch, but a lot of people would switch. This forum is full of people who just bought XXXX console to play XXXX game. I bought an xbox just play Star Wars: KOTR and Chronicles of Riddick. I bought a PS3 just to play Final Fantasy 7,8.9 again. I bought a Gamecube to play the resident evil exclusive only titles 0 and 4. I have bought Gameboy colour and Nintendo DS just to play Pokemon.

Most gamers follow the games, it doesn't matter what platform it is on. Fanboys on the other hand, well....