PS4 @ Gamescom 2013

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
The PlayStation conference will be on Tuesday 20th August at 6pm UK time.

You can watch it live at - http://gamescom.eu.playstation.com/

Hopefully we'll get to see the latest game footage, some new announcements and that all-important release date.

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool and at a decent time as well.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Cool and at a decent time as well.

Not for me. It's my wedding anniversary, so I'll be too busy cooking a posh meal to watch live. Very inconsiderate of Sony. :p
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member

Hopefully we'll get to see the latest game footage, some new announcements and that all-important release date.

Wouldn't it be fab if Sony had the whole conference avoiding the release date and then right at the end were like "we've seen reports of a December release, a ?november release with some sites claiming a late October release date for you new best friend. However, right here, right now, I can tell you that the ps4 will ship this FRIDAY!!!"

Not only would it make a frenzy lol but put MS right out lol

Would be great but not gonna happen though, which is a shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archiex wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be fab if Sony had the whole conference avoiding the release date and then right at the end were like "we've seen reports of a December release, a ?november release with some sites claiming a late October release date for you new best friend. However, right here, right now, I can tell you that the ps4 will ship this FRIDAY!!!"

Not only would it make a frenzy lol but put MS right out lol

Would be great but not gonna happen though, which is a shame.

No it would destroy the Playstation and possibly sony as a whole, just look at what happened to Sega when they did the same with the Saturn, its a bad idea

the only way you could do it is if third parties didn't know and those same third parties would miss out on the extra revenue for a console launch, which would piss them off as they will have already invested millions
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Not for me. It's my wedding anniversary, so I'll be too busy cooking a posh meal to watch live. Very inconsiderate of Sony. :p

A blemish on their perfect conduct since February!
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An insta-launch would be a terrible idea, mainly because I'm working towards a november release and saving my pennies so I'm not struggling to buy it!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this now, I hope we see some stuff for the PS Vita too.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its probably too early for this but I hope we hear more about Gaikai. I am curious about this service while been quite sceptical as well. If they can pull it off it could be something really special and take the game rental type service Sony are building with PS+ to a whole new level.

Other than that it would be nice to get a good look at the main OS in action as well as hear something about the media side of things.

Plus lots of game footage.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I hope we hear more about Gaikai... Other than that it would be nice to get a good look at the main OS in action

Yea similar here. I'm also keen for info on the internet browsing provision. Hoping for a fully featured 'Chrome' like offering. Plus further details on Remote Play and a Western PSV freeroam RPG announce would be nice, though the latter is sadly unlikely.
  • Ryan_MorganRyan_Morgan Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we're in for a Minecraft reveal?
    https://twitter.com/StartReplay/status/369797704609964032
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I hope it's not Minecraft, Minecraft is better on PC and always will be, we need something unique, good, not a port, let's face it Mojang is in microsoft's pocket, so a PS4 version of Minecraft would probably be a port of the Xbox 360 version anyway. :p
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we're in for a Minecraft reveal?
    https://twitter.com/StartReplay/status/369797704609964032

I certainly hope not :D
    Forum Member
    Quick loo break, make cup of tea then sit down ready! Hoping for some good things. EA earlier may as well have just renamed themselves Microsoft Studios with all the bungs they've taken.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That clock is ticking slowly :D
    Forum Member
    Buffering already, good start
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it just this minute got the PS3 on to play skyrim and i see this thread, suppose i should be happier that i didn't miss the conference lol

Edit: the skyrim menu theme as the last seconds tick down is just really epic for some reason :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    can anybody see it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect GTa announcement for PS+ if not then another big game, more on gaikai and release dates.

Cant wait
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I can hear sound.... no video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    can anybody see it?

Sound but no vid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man I need a piss so bad.

For non uStream shitness, http://www.gametrailers.com/gamescom/live
    Forum Member
    Not a good start!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sony should offer a year free PS+ for pre-orders to counter the FIFA thing. Then push how you get 12 free games as a result.