no sound through usb to tv

hi
i have a Sharp lcd32 130 and when i use the usb on the tv i get video fine but no sound i have tried avi mpeg xvid .Thing is when i record from TV it plays with sound
regards

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    norbellini wrote: »
    hi
    i have a Sharp lcd32 130 and when i use the usb on the tv i get video fine but no sound i have tried avi mpeg xvid .Thing is when i record from TV it plays with sound
    regards

The file probably has audio in a format the TV doesn't support.

Medianinfo will tell you what the audio format is.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Ok i need the windows all in one file i reckon Then what do i do ,with the files on my pc ,sorry i dont get that bit
    regards
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok i need the windows all in one file i reckon Then what do i do ,with the files on my pc ,sorry i dont get that bit
    regards

Download and install Medianinfo. Using the file menu open the clip that has no audio. Select treeview and look at what the audio format is. Probably aac audio at a guess.
    Forum Member
    ok will give it a go I really thought you could just bung video on a stick and it would play with sound Thanks
    Forum Member
    mpeg audio version 1 Thats what the progam comes up with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpeg audio version 1 Thats what the progam comes up with

Most likely the cause, SD TV uses mpeg1 layer 2 (MP2) and HD ac3 (Dolby Digital) either should work as should lpcm stereo.

There's lots of software that can convert and re-mux the audio.
    Forum Member
    thanks i will try ta alter it Have a look at audio on any video converter i have the super dooper one i will let you know
    Forum Member
    yep we have a result put files into AVI with mp2 codec and we have sound thanks