welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    I dont think they can forget such a story line like that
    I think it will pick up soon
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to get back into watching this. Watched it with my Welsh mate who doesn't actually know any Welsh but we got addicted.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh definately. Didn't he mention going to see a counsellor to Sioned and then admitted that he didn't go? I can't remember.

I just hope the writers will remember about the storyline soon!

Yes the day Sioned was going to leave him he was supposed to go to a counsellor, but didn't. The writers have mentioned therapy so many times, that I think he eventually goes.

I think all this silence about Macs rape is deliberate so they can spring a surprise conclusion. It just seems a bit too contrived at the moment.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    What is Sioned up to with Marian? Does she really have a memory problem or is it all Sioned?

In real life how old does Huw have to be to join the army without his Dad's permission? If he is still 16 its a year before he could do anything right.

And does anyone else think it was very unrealistic that Macs is suddenly enthusiastic to spend more time at school?

Although Sioned's behaviour towards Aunty Marian is harsh it is, at least, her true nature. Too many soap characters have "brain transplants" which change their character completely and someone as shallow and selfish as Sioned wouldn't change,

She's clearlt after Aunty Marian's money - what she hasn't had already!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the day Sioned was going to leave him he was supposed to go to a counsellor, but didn't. The writers have mentioned therapy so many times, that I think he eventually goes.

I think all this silence about Macs rape is deliberate so they can spring a surprise conclusion. It just seems a bit too contrived at the moment.

Yeh definately. I hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Although Sioned's behaviour towards Aunty Marian is harsh it is, at least, her true nature. Too many soap characters have "brain transplants" which change their character completely and someone as shallow and selfish as Sioned wouldn't change,

She's clearlt after Aunty Marian's money - what she hasn't had already!

I agree that she is gaslighting Aunty Marian for her money. However few weeks she couldn't sell the shop because it would hurt Marian and Denzil.

I knew that Sioned would eventually go back to being more bitchy, I thought it might be more gradual.

I don't want Sioned and Macs to suddenly go back to their old ways as if the summer never happened. I don't want it erased from history.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that she is gaslighting Aunty Marian for her money. However few weeks she couldn't sell the shop because it would hurt Marian and Denzil.

I knew that Sioned would eventually go back to being more bitchy, I thought it might be more gradual.

I don't want Sioned and Macs to suddenly go back to their old ways as if the summer never happened. I don't want it erased from history.

BIB: Yeh that would be awful for the writers to do that. I wonder if something will happen at Christmas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if theyre building it up for christmas
  • Options
    BasilbirdBasilbird Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I want to get back into watching this. Watched it with my Welsh mate who doesn't actually know any Welsh but we got addicted.

This is probably the best place to get caught up. If you've got some spare time, read the past 50 pages or so! It's been pretty active here since the start of the Macs storyline.

And, of course, ask lots of questions. Pobol y Cwm is really good at the moment!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i love sunday evenings that my PYC time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    I wonder if theyre building it up for christmas

I don't know if the rape storyline is really a Christmas story. Things need to lighten up. Its been a bit depressing lately.

And they need get Sioned out of whatever mess she's gotten into. I just hope it doesn't get sinister with Sioned and Marian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i just love aunti marion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I just started watching and I was wondering if we knew who caused the fire?

What did Yvonne do? and why is Gary living with Gwenyth?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yvonne was working as under cover cop against gary
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Yvonne was working as under cover cop against gary

Then why is Gwenyeth angry with her?
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought about the arson attack at the chip shop. What it if was Huw and his yob friends who caused the fire??
    Huw has really gone off the rails since Lois gave away her baby. Could it be that he and his friends accidentally started a fire while they were all drunk?And Huw filled with remorse decides to join the army to get away from his guilt.
    And possibly Garry Monk finds out Huw was the cause of the fire and covers it up by passing the blame onto Yvonne and Danni. It would certainly explain why Garry is avoiding Brit. .
    Just a thought.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    A very good thought!
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The storyline regarding the Farm/B&B is ridiculous.

I can't remember the exact details but some time ago they all got round the table - Eifion, Cadno Denzil and Eileen - and came to an agreement that they would all be partners in the venture. It included Denzil putting the shop in the mix (disregarded when the shop was sold).

Now, Eifion and Cadno are treated as "just" employeees - a fact which has me shouting at the screen during this plotline! Also, the land which they purchased has apparently been forgotten.

This is a common factor in PYC (and other soaps) - disregarding old stories when it suits the purpose.

Also, now that I've gor myself riled - it amazes me that a property which Eileen bought as a B&B has now become an all singing all dancing farm with sheep, cattle, turkeys, crops, market garden - all run seemingly effortlessley by Eifion and Cadno while Eileen also manages to cook at Y Deri, help Norman in his business, have cooking spots on the radio run night school classes and cook - out of a kitchen no bigger than most houses.

I know soaps suspend reality but come on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Sioned bullied her mum, why was this?
    On a catch up video on the website, Eileen looked at a photo of her and Denzil holding 2 babies then she suddenly burst into tears, what happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard Sioned bullied her mum, why was this?
    On a catch up video on the website, Eileen looked at a photo of her and Denzil holding 2 babies then she suddenly burst into tears, what happened?

Why **was** Sioned bullying Eileen? I honestly don't remember. She was... and she stopped because Eileen "saved" her from her former cellmate, Leann. But I don't remember much more than that

Sioned had a twin brother, John, who died of sudden infant crib death. That was the catalyst that broke up Eileen and Denzil's marriage. Every now and then the whole family goes up to John's grave and Sioned acts nearly human.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Then why is Gwenyeth angry with her?

Partly because Garry is manipulating her to be but mostly because Yvonne lied and Gwyneth feels betrayed. Actually, Yvonne herself feels guilty over her part in the whole investigation of Garry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Just a thought about the arson attack at the chip shop. What it if was Huw and his yob friends who caused the fire??
    Huw has really gone off the rails since Lois gave away her baby. Could it be that he and his friends accidentally started a fire while they were all drunk?And Huw filled with remorse decides to join the army to get away from his guilt.
    And possibly Garry Monk finds out Huw was the cause of the fire and covers it up by passing the blame onto Yvonne and Danni. It would certainly explain why Garry is avoiding Brit. .
    Just a thought.
    :)

Really good idea, Wavlovr! I've been trying figure out how they could end this storyline without getting rid of any cast members and this would certainly accomplish that! And Garry would definitely cover it up. He has a soft spot for children. But what would happen if Britt finds out?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember that when Yvonne was arrested D.I. Williams told her that a simple incendiary device was used to start the fire. I think that that rules out Huw. That's not an accident. And the fire started in the flat not in chip shop on the ground level. Can't believe that Huw and his friends were accidently using an accelerent up a flight of stairs near Garry's flat.

It was an intentional fire, whoever set it had a motive.

Garry has plenty of reasons to avoid Britt. I don't find it at all strange he doesn't want to see her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    all i can say is I hope britt gives him what for when she gets out of hopsital
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all i can say is I hope britt gives him what for when she gets out of hopsital

Definitely. The last thing Brandon ever said to Britt was that Garry had an affair with Dani. Britt knows Garry betrayed Brandon and was rubbing salt in the wound moments before he died. That's why Garry is hiding from her like a stinking coward.

Garry is going to be in a world of pain when he sees Britt. I think this happens next week. Can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.