Dave Lamb Come Dine With Me

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Haven't watched for ages as I think the programme has had its day. However its on at the moment in the background and Dave Lamb's voice ... what is he on? It has gone up around eight octaves and is becoming ridiculous, it is so irritating I have to turn the sound off and read the subtitles. Calm down Dave ... you used to be funny.

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    It seems that snce he started that rubbish 'YBF' type programme on Nick, that he seems to think a higher shouty voice is a funnier voice, buts its really not. I just want him to tell us the ingredients and make the odd comment, but he interupts after every line spoken by the guests

Tiresome :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Lamb is the GOD of voice over tv.

Stuff your caroline Quentins, Noncomedy dave's and Justin abuser Collins.

Dave Lamb is the one and only.
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he does his own scripts....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    Dave Lamb is the GOD of voice over tv.
    I'll raise you David Attenborough
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'll raise you David Attenborough

I'll trump you Vladmir Birth-Inging.
  • DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallc wrote: »

IIRC from an interview with him published somewhere, the scripts have always been written for him, but his opinion was that the writers got used to his voice, etc. and over time got better at writing for him.

Hope that helps :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is often the best thing about CDWM.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    He narrates a children's show my little boy watches called Big Barn Farm and his voice is all wrong for it.

Even on that show he sounds like he's taking the piss.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched for ages as I think the programme has had its day. However its on at the moment in the background and Dave Lamb's voice ... what is he on? It has gone up around eight octaves and is becoming ridiculous, it is so irritating I have to turn the sound off and read the subtitles. Calm down Dave ... you used to be funny.

I totally agree. His voiceover is the main reason I cannot watch...yet used to love it. Now way OTT
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love his voiceover... shame the show has gone the way of BB and only attracts those wanting to sell themselves as 'personalities' :(:cry:
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    He narrates a children's show my little boy watches called Big Barn Farm and his voice is all wrong for it.

Even on that show he sounds like he's taking the piss.

leslie neilsen syndrome.

you can't watch any non comedy of his, and take him seriously, can you?
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hallc wrote: »

The script us written for him but he can improvise around it.... see this interview -
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/09/come-dine-with-me-dave-lamb_n_1138854.html
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love watching Come Dine With Me, but I've gone off it now as it has become tired and stale, not because of Dave's voiceover (his voice is the best and most interesting part of the show, imo),
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still like Dave Lamb and he was at his best last night in my opinion