World War Z

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Empire gave it three stars out of five
    which, as they keep saying on the podcast, is a recommendation...
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks good.
    Hopefully I will be able to watch it once its out in the cinemas.
  • bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Hi just seen the trailer on ch.5 looks good
    But...
    The VoiceOver pronouncing it as World War ZEE not Z
    I prefer Z it sounds better
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd stay away from the Digital Spy one also, more of a plot synopsis than a review.

Don't EVER read a Digital Spy review of a movie! I once made that mistake and never again.

Their so-called 'reviews' are anything but, they're more plot synopsis based and full of spoilers. They basically give you the entire plot structure of the entire movie from start to finish and nothing else.

You have been warned.
    mrprosser wrote: »
    It was fun watching them film it in George Square, Glasgow.

You can see bits of Glasgow in the trailer.... made to look like Philadelphia (or somewhere!)

If you've seen the trailer they use the shots of the filming in George Square they did for the movie. It looks great!

You can see the George Square scenes at the beginning of the trailer.
    JCR wrote: »
    I would expect if it gets a 15 at it's first go at the bbfc it'll be cut for 12A, for cinema at least. They need the money.

The rating is 15 officially now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    The rating is 15 officially now.

According to the BBFC website nothing but trailers have been submitted yet :confused:

Occasionally there are things where the atmosphere makes it a 15 rather than the actual content of the film. My understanding is that cutting these occasions is difficult but doable, so I'd very much doubt they'd settle for a 15...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the BBFC website nothing but trailers have been submitted yet :confused:

Occasionally there are things where the atmosphere makes it a 15 rather than the actual content of the film. My understanding is that cutting these occasions is difficult but doable, so I'd very much doubt they'd settle for a 15...

The trailers i've seen for it on tv now all say 15.
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    The trailers i've seen for it on tv now all say 15.

Yes, the Digital Spy review says it's a 15. But the BBFC are yet to post anything, which is odd.

Why would Paramount settle for a 15? I'm guessing there's literally nothing they could do to bring the rating down...

If they're having the same issues internationally, it's going to fail epically.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may take a moment - as it did with me - but I think most people will twig that World War Zee is a play on World War Three.

I read it a couple of years ago and it's taken till reading this to realise:o

Most of the trailers on the BBFC are 12A but there is a 15 lurking there, which suggests the film will be a 15, still nothing definite though.
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »

Most of the trailers on the BBFC are 12A but there is a 15 lurking there, which suggests the film will be a 15, still nothing definite though.

One of the trailers for Ted got an 18, the film got a 15...
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    It has horrible reviews and is set to become a massive multi-million box office flop. Im glad, brad pitt needs to be taken down a few pegs.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    It has horrible reviews and is set to become a massive multi-million box office flop. Im glad, brad pitt needs to be taken down a few pegs.
    a link or two would be nice .....
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The unfavourable reviews I've read are almost written as if they were determined to hate the film before they saw it.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »

bbfc are much stricter on trailers than films, the reasoning being people will generally know what to expect if they've paid to see a film, but they're not expecting the content of the trailers.

More than one f word in a trailer will get the trailer an 18 rating, so it's actually theoretically possible to cut an 18 advert from a 12A movie, but I don't imagine anyone will ever try it.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Stellen11 wrote: »

What a ridiculous thing to say. The guy's done some of his best work over the past couple of years.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate zombie films but Brad may get me to watch this :D Also, I've heard so much about this over the past year, I'm intrigued!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got a 15 from the bbfc: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/world-war-z-0 "contains sustained threat and strong violence".

Guess they couldn't cut it to 12A. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it's a 15, at least it will keep the little kids out.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    This just doesnt appeal to me at all and im a huge zombie fan but the zombies running at the speed they are just puts me off and with that part in the trailer where they are all climbing on each other to get over the wall ?

For me this just looks a like another production company jumping on the zombie bandwagon.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer for this before Star Trek and I thought it was one of the worst trailers I'd ever seen.It just looked an incoherent, depressing mess.I won't be watching it.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    This just doesnt appeal to me at all and im a huge zombie fan but the zombies running at the speed they are just puts me off and with that part in the trailer where they are all climbing on each other to get over the wall ?

For me this just looks a like another production company jumping on the zombie bandwagon.

The wall scene reminds me of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, might be way off the mark but that's my view.
  • Shaun_DaviesShaun_Davies Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just seen a new trailer where a 4 minute countdown appears and the first town that appears is my home town in N Wales.I remember seeing a helicopter hovering around town and also just outside my house ,just found out it was for this film,awesome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Rotten Tomatoes is looking quite positive review wise?
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    Well Rotten Tomatoes is looking quite positive review wise?

Yes, some people have it in for the film because they didn't do a Peter Jakson and copy the book near word for word at the expense of the film, but general consensus is quite positive.

I might actually go and see it, and I have to really want to see a film because I strongly dislike cinemas...
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's little tongue-in-cheek about the latest trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko

Tentatively looking forward to this (if only to see where all the money went), but fear another Battle:LA. - a film awash with trite character arcs and notably cheesier than the trailer suggested.

I think some posters are too willing to let others do their thinking for them. I wasn't going to watch this movie till I saw the poster (and this trailer) for the movie. I am quietly confident about this film.