What would your idea for a game be?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
Forum Member
Finally managed to pull myself away from Call of Duty and got round to finishing all three Uncharted games. They were good. Graphics were stunning. But thought there were a few flaws. Preferred The Last of Us.

Just wondered if you had the great job of designing a game, what would it be like?

I have quite a few ideas. But for starters, I would like to design something like an FPS or a 3rd person platform Uncharted type game with realistic events. Such as, you don't have hundreds of enemies that you can easily kill. The billionaire villain does not have a small army in numbers equivalent to France.

Enemies are far fewer, but harder to kill. They have intelligence and know how to attack, hide and use strategy to get to you.

Also, if you or they get shot, the health does not replenish. You or they get shot in the leg, you're struggle to move. In the arm, you struggle to shoot. Wear a flak jacket fine, but any direct hit takes a real life result.

Also for non war type games, where you have an open world, you have a concious about killing, stealing, hurting etc. Which can either help or hinder your progress.

Just saying I am getting bored with wave after wave of mindless enemies.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First-person sports game, though it has kind of been done already sadly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSm97YUZgSI
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half Life 3 :mad:
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cacharodon wrote: »

Enemies are far fewer, but harder to kill. They have intelligence and know how to attack, hide and use strategy to get to you.

I would take this a step further and would have the AI react personally to the individual's style of play, so you have to really take control and not used pre-programmed strategic attacks to defeat a boss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    First-person sports game, though it has kind of been done already sadly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSm97YUZgSI

They should do a game of that film, Rollerball. Remember that being cool and violent when I was a little one! Not the remake, that was pants.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073631/?ref_=sr_2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge sandbox, give the player differing traits such as Builder, Soldier, Peacemaker, Engineer, Explorer etc.. And just let the player live out a life in the chosen world, this would be an online only game, I would love for there to be a game where the player makes the decisions.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Housewife 2014
    So when I've finished the houshold chores I can play my xbox and imagine I'm the perfect housewife. Minus the blowjobs!
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gta V
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing Spectacularly new but an open world game where a different Dev studio works on each aspect

So driving the cars would feel like Need for Speed, shooting would feel like uncharted, exploring/climbing would feel like assassin's creed etc

Of course it would never happen, to many companies with money of the line
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    A new Elite.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new 3D Pokémon RPG (So like Gale of Darkness) for the Wii U. They could do so much with it and I've gone into so much depth about this with my other half that we can't quite believe that Nintendo aren't doing it (Or haven't announced it yet) - It would sell like hotcakes and get the Wii U selling too.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update some of the classics from the 8 bit era for those that missed them. A collection of Hewson games would be good.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Some sort of Oculus Rift game that contains Isla Fisher and a hot tub.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something along the lines of The Fantastic Voyage film - seems to lend itself to a Nintendo game.

Would like to see it in a Zelda Windwaker graphic style, with Pikmin style gameplay.

Plenty of scope for fun and interesting level design.

I'm sure you could create some crazy multiplayer set ups too.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going to say GTA Salford, the cover has been done as a joke before, as I'm sure it has for many other UK towns and cities. http://www.leaguefreak.com/wp-content/gallery/league-freaks-funny-rugby-league-pictures/gtasalford02.jpg For some reason, right this second I'm in the mood for more games with UK settings so it doesn't strictly have to be Salford. An open-world style update of GTA London would be good as well, I suppose it might be a little like "The Getaway", only it would much better of course. :p GTA Scotland would work for me too.

Sticking with the UK theme I'd like a first person game set in historic York or another city with an eventful past. Not entirely sure what you'd do, perhaps you could just immerse yourself in the world and live an exaggerated version of life from back then. I wouldn't want it to be all about fighting/war which is what a lot of games based in history are about altough some would be ok, nor would I want any semblance of magic/mythology in it, another rhing you often find in games based in the past.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Single player open world RPG set on the Discworld, with the emphasis heavily on story and dialogue rather than combat.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Lesbians :D