Ian Hyland - TV critic

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian hyland wrote: »
    Maybe you should start a 'bring back NOTW' thread. See how long it lasts.

aww you made the showbiz thread, you are now officially a celebrity (and the name calling that goes with that, (not me I hasten to add)) :) You could start a bring back NOTW thread or poll even, world's your oyster, go for it:)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi Ian......got a question for you.:)

Do you moderate all the comments which appear after you have done your bit?

Are you a journalist or a moderator?:)

Just wondering because the 3am girls are being accused of all sorts and I'm pretty sure that they are employed to write 'copy' just as you are.

Can you please answer me?:)
  • ian hylandian hyland Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Oi Ian......got a question for you.:)

Do you moderate all the comments which appear after you have done your bit?

Are you a journalist or a moderator?:)

Just wondering because the 3am girls are being accused of all sorts and I'm pretty sure that they are employed to write 'copy' just as you are.

Can you please answer me?:)

Hi DiamondDoll,
    I don't moderate but I sometimes reply if someone has posted something really stupid.
    I can't vouch for the 3am girls. In any way.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right come ladies - we are all intelligent on here (well most of us) but we all seem to have become a teensy weensy bit excited by the presence of Ian, who I am sure is just a normal everyday bloke with a very important job to do (i.e. watching telly...what could be more important?)

And he doesn't need us all turning into that woman off the fast show...(she's different with men)

Oh Hi ian - *giggles, twirls hair*

I have a question for you... When watching telly, do you ever switch off? Not switch the telly off, but watch it for fun without your TV critic hat on? Or does it still seem like 'work'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Right come ladies - we are all intelligent on here (well most of us) but we all seem to have become a teensy weensy bit excited by the presence of Ian, who I am sure is just a normal everyday bloke with a very important job to do (i.e. watching telly...what could be more important?)

And he doesn't need us all turning into that woman off the fast show...(she's different with men)

I have a question for you... When watching telly, do you ever switch off? Not switch the telly off, but watch it for fun without your TV critic hat on? Or does it still seem like 'work'?

Ha! Catfight! Sticks chest out and pouts.:p Hope your not clogging his private message board.

Sorry Ian how many bottles of wine does it take to drown out the reality shows.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, l'd noticed that. Awww, bless. :D
    Forum Member

Ha. It's all work really. You never know when something might crop up.
    Forum Member
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Ha! Catfight! Sticks chest out and pouts.:p Hope your not clogging his private message board.

Sorry Ian how many bottles of wine does it take to drown out the reality shows.

I only drink to forget X Factor these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi DiamondDoll,
    I don't moderate but I sometimes reply if someone has posted something really stupid.

Thanks for replying.:)

Whilst I understand that you can only speak for yourself, how likely do you think it is that journalists actually moderate responses?
    You did say that that you are willing to reply but do you have any input to comments posted?

Sorry if I sound as though I am cross-examining you.:o
    I'm just interested. xx
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha. It's all work really. You never know when something might crop up.

Oh - I didn't know you had to review Television X too..:o
    Forum Member
    Thanks for replying.:)

Whilst I understand that you can only speak for yourself, how likely do you think it is that journalists actually moderate responses?
    You did say that that you are willing to reply but do you have any input to comments posted?

Sorry if I sound as though I am cross-examining you.:o
    I'm just interested. xx

I'd be surprised if journalists did any moderating. It would interfere with important work down the pub.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I'd be surprised if journalists did any moderating. It would interfere with important work down the pub.

Oh Mr Hyland I love you :p sarcastic and funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just as I suspected.;)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh - I didn't know you had to review Television X too..:o

:D:D

That, and Rhianna's dance routines.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi DiamondDoll,

Thanks for that....says it all really.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    Thanks for that....says it all really.:D
    Does it?
    I'm confuzzled.:confused:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some dont even read the comments, a few journos tweeted about this a while ago saying they take no notice and dont read the comments left under their articles....which is fair enough.

At least you read some of yours:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it?
    I'm confuzzled.:confused:

i'd let it go, DD. Don't get baited into an argument about a closed thread.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the usual claptrap (which inspired my question) has been removed.
    Good old DS never lets us down.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd let it go, DD. Don't get baited into an argument about a closed thread.:)

Yup..........all par for the course,innit?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only drink to forget X Factor these days.

Dire this year hardly watched it, although I caught the usual, you owned that stage, you made that song your own, I want everyone from **fill in the town** to vote for you. Have I missed any.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Dire this year hardly watched it, although I caught the usual, you owned that stage, you made that song your own, I want everyone from **fill in the town** to vote for you. Have I missed any.

Lousy Bingo, we call it.

You made that song your own.

I hope the people of *insert town* are picking up their phones

You. Deserve. to be. in. that. FINAL!!

Etc.
  • SarahKSarahK Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Hyland & Ally Ross are both hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lousy Bingo, we call it.

You made that song your own.

I hope the people of *insert town* are picking up their phones

You. Deserve. to be. in. that. FINAL!!

Etc.

Your like a young........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭