Encounters with Celebrities

lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
Forum Member
Have you ever met someone famous and if so, how did they come across? Nicer than you'd think or had fame gone to their head?

I don't think I've met anyone particularly famous - the only one I can recall is the former TV chef, Kevin Woodford, who was filming a show in Rhodes. He was very nice and spent a while drinking with us in a bar.

My best friend from school once went down to a Stonewall gig in London (shortly after he had come out) and wrote to Ian McKellen, who was compering. Sir Ian wrote back and invited him to come down in the morning, and spent the day with my friend, introducing him to other people in the show, including Julian Clary, Sonia (scouse chantreuse) and Sandi Toksvig, and even bought him lunch. What a nice chap!

Comments

• Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Try this thread in the Showbiz section.
  • Velvet GloveVelvet Glove Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Carr offered to share a cab with me last year. He was completely different to how he comes across on TV, one of the nicest people I've ever met! I sent him a tweet on getting home (I had a further journey after the cab) and he messaged me back and then followed me which left me grinning for weeks!
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I saw two guys who were in Blue in Dubai in the hotel bar but didnt go up to them or anything. I didnt want to invade their space and im sure i saw Mohamed Al Fayed as well. I did meet Geri Halliwell in London a year ago in a bookshop and she was lovely and friendly and very funny and chatted away for about 20mins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Jordan through a camera lens. She waggled her tongue upon seeing me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Anastacia a few times, gorgeous and lovely woman. Also met Lulu and Heather small, also pleasant :)
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Try this thread in the Showbiz section.

No WAY am I venturing into the showbiz section!! :D I value my sanity too much....
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Ah it's not that bad. If you avoid certain threads! :)
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been on the piss with many a celeb like John Craven and Richard Whitely. nearly lost a liver with Craven, he is a monster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Edmonds :o a couple of footballers , such as Emile Heskey, Neil Warnock (My friend and I got a photo taken with him when he was at Sheffield United as they were in Cornwall for a friendly). Most recentley however the comedian Stewart Lee.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    On Palm Beach i met a few of the cast members of Home & Away.
    Alf, Roo, Brax & Casey were nice. Indi & Romeo thought they were all that and didn't have time for any fans.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an old and close friend who's a hugely successful TV producer (comedy, mainly) with a long career, and I've met lots of famous folk at various filmings and parties he's invited me to. Can't ever recall meeting one that wasn't nice, tbh. Won't brag or bore with the list!

Most different persona on and off the set I'd say is David Walliams. Addicted to camp when there's an audience/camera, but very blokey in the green room!

Edit: I did sit on the next table to Joan Collins in Le Caprice a couple of years ago, and she appeared to be a right cow! I seem to recall she sent everything back including the water!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I printed one of the grumbleweeds 35mm films the once-lots of very odd shots of him half naked taken by himself. Only a couple of people i worked with knew who he was!

have walked past frazier hines and robbie from eastenders outside greggs in wolverhampton

Singer Gabrielle came into the shop i worked in

So did mickey dolenz from the monkeys,I was putting up the xmas decs and he knocked them down with a tripod :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I was Mollie Sugden's chief bridesmaid.
  • Brian1709Brian1709 Posts: 2,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I waited outside Sth Kensington post office with Servalan from Blakes 7 back in the early 1980's. I didn't speak to her though.

I also shared a lift with Martin Peters in Romford back when he was 10 years ahead of his time.
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met David Beckham whilst queueing for a flight to Los Angeles at LHR T5. Nice bloke.

Edit: Forgot to mention I very briefly met former US President Bill Clinton. Had a great presence about him, but was very charming and a generally pleasant person to interact with for the short time I had the chance to.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out with someone off the tele a few years ago. I wish I could name names and tell you what an out and out **** he is but i better not :o:mad:
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out with someone off the tele a few years ago. I wish I could name names and tell you what an out and out **** he is but i better not :o:mad:

Come on you can't leave us hanging give us a clue!
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much in my current incarnation but in previous lives I was fairly close to Emperor Nero, King Alfred,Genghis Khan, William Shakespeare, Florence Nightingale and all of the 'Crazy Gang' but especially 'Monsewer' Eddie Gray. I could tell a few tales......
    If only anyone would let me.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    I printed one of the grumbleweeds 35mm films the once-lots of very odd shots of him half naked taken by himself. Only a couple of people i worked with knew who he was!

have walked past frazier hines and robbie from eastenders outside greggs in wolverhampton

Singer Gabrielle came into the shop i worked in

So did mickey dolenz from the monkeys,I was putting up the xmas decs and he knocked them down with a tripod :D

I've seen Frazer Hines (used to be in Emmerdale Farm) in Newark on Trent a few times, usually wearing shades in mid winter. I remember this one time he was really creating a fuss that a small branch of Somerfields didn't have the wine he wanted and had what looked like the whole shop running around after him. What did he ever do apart from Emmerdale? Hardly a megastar ;)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Alf, Roo, Brax & Casey were nice. Indi & Romeo thought they were all that and didn't have time for any fans.

Im glad brax was nice as I love him :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I was Mollie Sugden's chief bridesmaid.

Me too :D:p;)

BTW, R.I.P. Mollie :(
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Me too :D:p;)

BTW, R.I.P. Mollie :(

One of this country's best sitcom actresses and probably the greatest Yorkshire woman ever :)
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    went to a wedding and got drunk with Sharon from easties
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    One of this country's best sitcom actresses and probably the greatest Yorkshire woman ever :)

I'm a Yorkie and was gutted when she passed away.
  • mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Very jealous. Out of interest, how did you know which day to go to Palm Beach to see them film? Or was it by chance..? :)