5ive, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, and Atomic kitten reuniting...911 aged well

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved all the bands so can't wait for the show to air.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Solid Harmonie were so basic but I did love "I Wanna Love You" and thought that deserved to be a huge hit for them.

I'm soo annoyed Naima isn't still part of The Honeyz:( She might not have ever actually sang but she brought that sexy French swagger to the group.
    Interesting that Selena, Heavenli and Marianna are all in the one group now. Selena's voice was always so criminally underrated so can't wait to hear her singing again.
    Wonder No.8 was such an amazing album.

Hi Makson,

I think you will enjoy watching this - less than 2 years ago, Naima was still part of the group and she sings in this performance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_JKvODbeE
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Do we all need to get practicing our cod Irish "Foight loike me dad" accents?

:D:D:D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Yeah Sinead used to be blonde. :) I remember there being controversy as they knocked a few years off of her real age so that she could be a part of the group. :D

There's a long history of pop stars shaving a few years off their age so they fit in better with their target audience
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did y`all know the Honeyz had a new(ish) video i think it`s over a year old Someone might have to correct me as im not too sure lol

Talk To The Hand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoCN3hg2-U
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Do we all need to get practicing our cod Irish "Foight loike me dad" accents?

Down with this sort of thing!!!

Careful now!!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Did y`all know the Honeyz had a new(ish) video i think it`s over a year old Someone might have to correct me as im not too sure lol

Talk To The Hand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoCN3hg2-U

lol, you know just by looking at this video that is not only a year old?!!:o

Talk To The Hand was an unreleased track from their scrapped second album called Harmony. I believe this is from 2001.
    Even by 2001 standards, the song was so dated. I didn't like how they became more trashy after Wonder No. 8 era.
    The classy ballad sound (Finally Found, End Of The Line) was what Honeyz were all about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    Hi Makson,

I think you will enjoy watching this - less than 2 years ago, Naima was still part of the group and she sings in this performance :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_JKvODbeE

Not their strongest vocal performance but it is interesting to hear Naima sing a solo part:)
    I can't believe she is 40 this year :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, you know just by looking at this video that is not only a year old?!!:o

Talk To The Hand was an unreleased track from their scrapped second album called Harmony. I believe this is from 2001.
    Even by 2001 standards, the song was so dated. I didn't like how they became more trashy after Wonder No. 8 era.
    The classy ballad sound (Finally Found, End Of The Line) was what Honeyz were all about.

Lol my bad :o i knew i was completely wrong i knew it was an old song i read tho that the video only leaked like over a year ago?? i`m prob wrong on that too lol
    Those are some of my faves the songs you mentioned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Lol my bad :o i knew i was completely wrong i knew it was an old song i read tho that the video only leaked like over a year ago?? i`m prob wrong on that too lol
    Those are some of my faves the songs you mentioned

You're probably right about the video only leaking last year coz I only saw it for the first time recently:)
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing B*Witched the most, love them!

They re-recorded 3 songs in the studio today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not their strongest vocal performance but it is interesting to hear Naima sing a solo part:)
    I can't believe she is 40 this year :eek:

Yes, I really like Naime too but after hearing her sing her solo part, it is clear why she didn't sing that much on their songs.

The constant line-up change is funny. I saw the grils perform about 6 years about and it was Celena, her sister Candance and Mariama.

I'm sure Heavenli will return again at some point. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    FernandoM wrote: »
    Yes, I really like Naime too but after hearing her sing her solo part, it is clear why she didn't sing that much on their songs.

The constant line-up change is funny. I saw the grils perform about 6 years about and it was Celena, her sister Candance and Mariama.

I'm sure Heavenli will return again at some point. :)

Wasn't Candace in a band called Kleshay? They had a cool rnb song called Rush, really liked it.

Totally agree with the comment RE the Honeyz turning trashy. They went from smooth ballads with a modern/sultry supremes image, to trashy baggy pants, bandanas singing songs about tripin' and talking to the hand....bog standard second rate American tripe. It was beneath them. They could have had a much longer career singing Mariah Carey ballads and adding Sugabaes esque edge - Freak like me would have suited them really well actually. Shame, Celena did have a beautiful velvet voice however ;)

RE: Solid hamnie, I loved I wanna love you. It's a perfect pop song. Their debut - I'll be there for you was also, perfect pop the equal to tearin up my heart by N sync - they had a dreadful image and a lack of personality. I met becky Barington a few years back in a pub, she was the Welsh blonde one! Random
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Thursday 31st January, probably 8/9pm I'd imagine!

Trailers start airing from tonight.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    This is going to be a guilty pleasure of mine. What channel? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    This is going to be a guilty pleasure of mine. What channel? :o

ITV 2 :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jampots wrote: »
    A few things to note:
    - Jenny Frost is heavily pregnant (or very recently given birth), and couldn't take part. The other girls had no choice but to recruit Katona and have stated that Frost is welcome to return as soon as she is ready. Not sure if that would be in place of Katona (likely) or to build a quartet.

- Lyndsay from Bewitched is actually married to Lee from 911

- The Honeyz have ANOTHER lineup, Heavenly is there but so is her initial replacement Mariam (goodman?), the girl who didn't return is Naima, the French one who never song. This is therefore the strongest vocally and out of all the groups, their old material has aged best. Finally found is a classic and the girls may well have had a longer career had they not tried to go street.

- Mariam was of course originally in Solid HarmoniE which is why they are not in the show (and the fact that no one remembers them despite being arguably the prototype for Max Martin - BSB/Britney pop songs)

- SInead from Bewitched is of course ancient, and is well over 40 as she was in her 30's during their peak. But look at Una from the Saturdays, she's 32 now!

- Jay from 5 has shunned celebrity entirely and has tried to shut down fan sites on him. He is potentially suffering from psychological issues, but certainly regretful of his foray into pop despite the financial rewards that came.

Totally agree here, their songs could be released now, with barely updated production and be hits I reckon. (The intro for End of the Line would need a bit of updating most probably)

I hope they can make a real go at this and start up properly again. I think they are possibly a band that when people hear them again, will remember they loved them, but were around for such a short space of time, with the best songs so close together, they are sadly, quite easily overlooked/forgotten.

Also when did Jay start to shun celebrity? He was on I'm a celeb wasn't he?
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is J now embaressed about being in Five, Celebrity or the image he had in the band? It doesn't make sense to shut down fansites ran by fans as someone else has pointed out. You can't just erase yourself from history more so when you are in an internationally succesfull boyband which is a GROUP not an individual!

Also doing things like that is worse as surely that gives the press a story? Although am surprised anyone still had Five fansites! Didn't he recently send a formal letter to the other members along the lines of wishing he wasn't in Five? (This is only what i've heard) I think one of the members mentioned this on twitter to their fans.

If he wants a normal life i'm sure that can be achieved they have been inactive since 2001 and were never mentioned afterwards in the media unlike say Take That who were referenced everytime a new boyband came along after their split for years after which would make anomity harder.
    I don't think Five were that bad!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the trailers for this now; looks like they have a good few dramatic stories to tell :D

Interested to know why Sinead was anxious to rejoin B*Witched. I know her & Edele had a falling out (something like that) so it'll be interesting to see these two back together...
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    As a fan of Atomic Kitten circa 2002 - 2004 I feel ashamed at Liz & Tash for agreeing to do this knowing Jenny could not participate due to her pregnancy.

It feels like it was all put in to place at that time just to ensure Katona got on board as ITV probaly feel having her there will give better ratings. I disagree.

I won't be supporting Atomic Kitten again thats for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have done this on itv1 - like an xfactor old bands special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see a lot of Honeyz love in this thread. I went through a good old re-watch of all their videos on DailyMotion (YouTube has hardly any of their videos :o ) and what struck me was how hilarious Naima was in them:D She really used to ham it up!
    Anyway, it is baffling why their label changed their sound so much after their debut album. They had gained a sort of adult fanbase with their smooth ballads and then lost them with the trashy sound that followed. It was career suicide as we know.
    I'm glad Talk To The Hand never saw a release coz that was truly awful in every way:o
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it is a great shame N-Tyce have not reunited.

That if they call, and my line is jumpin'
    I'm just telefunkin' (telefunkin?) Yeah (you got me telefunkin)
    If they call, and my line is bumpin'
    I must be telefunkin' (telefunkin?) Yeah (you got me telefunkin)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5ive are auditioning for a new member because Jay refused to take part in the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Was Sinead in her 30s when they were popular?? Thats interesting, maybe its not to late for me to launch an assault on the pop charts!!