Doug & Courtney Stodden, it's over, they've split

whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
Forum Member
I know many people won't be surprised by this but seems very sudden after CBB, I thought they'd have stuck it out a while longer for the deals etc.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2483741/Courtney-Stodden-19-Doug-Hutchison-53-split-years-marriage.html

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: <<<<<not my face.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it wrong that I feel a bit bad for him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    HA! Knew it :D
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Hopefully he'll meet somebody more suitable and she'll get rid of those ridiculous implants now (if not her back is going to be knackered in a few years time).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I feel a bit bad for him?

Really don't know why you feel sorry for him. He married a 16 year old when he was 50 years old and that's digusting, especially to the parents who allowed that to happen. Knew that marriage wasn't gonna last because once Courtney has sucked all the money out of him and got her 15 mins of Fame, they were gonna end.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as she realised she was capable of doing things on her own...when she was in the BBH ... She realised he suffocated her
    Forum Member
    I do actually feel a bit sorry for him. Always thought it was some kind of arrangement, rather than a proper relationship and was to boost both their profiles. She will no doubt go on to do other work and he will be remembered as the washed up actor creep that married a child. Still they brought it on themselves, I get the impression he may be stony broke too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knew this would happen. Reminded me of Sonny and Cher many, many years ago. It was obvious that as soon as she was seen as an individual she would split from him.
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest, they have both used each other to get what they wanted - afraid it was inevitable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can come out now.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Ahh you beat me to it OP :p

From the moment they got hitched I was wondering how long it would take before they announced it was all a hoax...and to be honest, I'm more surprised THAT didn't happen.

It's a terribly sad affair all round; Doug is a fine actor for whom it'll inevitably take years to be accepted back into Hollywood circles- if at all. Courtney is a (n alleged) teen who's in a hurry to grow up and promote everything wrong with the celebrity culture.
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    About time,she's finally seen sense.I really like Courtney
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It was obvious, from the small amount of CBB that I saw, that she wasn't going to stick around with him.
    Forum Member
    Ahh you beat me to it OP :p

From the moment they got hitched I was wondering how long it would take before they announced it was all a hoax...and to be honest, I'm more surprised THAT didn't happen.

It's a terribly sad affair all round; Doug is a fine actor for whom it'll inevitably take years to be accepted back into Hollywood circles- if at all. Courtney is a (n alleged) teen who's in a hurry to grow up and promote everything wrong with the celebrity culture.

Me too BIB, I almost wish they had.
    It is a sad affair but I think he is going to come out far worse off and so I can't help but feel a bit of pity for him really. Still his choice and he should have thought it through better. I actually started to think he was called Doug Stodden.
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Doug might get together with Lauren Harries. Doug seems like a very kind and caring man, whose calm and loving. Just the kind of man Lauren would fall for. Hopefully they would have their own reality show.

Its not surprising that they spilt. She was very cold and emotionless when they were reunited during a task on BB
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm.... Wonder if the Plastic Martyr came between them.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really surprised. From what I saw, there didn't seem to be much passion from her towards him when she was on Celebrity Big Brother.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Very pleased to read this, hopefully she can now live her life like a normal 19 year old.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Zenton wrote: »
    I think Doug might get together with Lauren Harries. Doug seems like a very kind and caring man, whose calm and loving. Just the kind of man Lauren would fall for. Hopefully they would have their own reality show.

Its not surprising that they spilt. She was very cold and emotionless when they were reunited during a task on BB

Totally, you'd have had to have been blind not to have picked up on the body language!
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    She most likely realized, that there is more to life than this/him.

I don't feel anything for him, he married a 16 year old child. I actually feel bad for her, she has parents who allowed her to get married to a 50 year old man at the age of 16.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I knew this would happen after her stint in Celebrity Big Brother she got to experience fun times without him and realise shes young and can do so many things maybe this is for the best
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad but inevitable.I liked Courtney in BB . She has a lovely kind heart toward the more needy and was her own person without getting into a gang.Doug is a nice guy but this was always going to be temporary.
    I wish them both well.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Well we didn't see that coming did we?

She's now achieved her objective of becoming famous on his money, he served his purpose.

A pretty young girl (well she was once before she turned herself into Barbie) isn't going to want to stay married to an old man.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, more celebs using the 'sanctity of marriage' as a publicity contract for their image and reality shows.

I actually do like her. She's quite sweet and obviously the brains of the operation really. He's just...odd. Okay, but odd, spaced out, disconnected somehow.

But she's worryingly turning into Jocelyn Wildenstein before my eyes it seems. Stop with the enhancements, C!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased to read this, hopefully she can now live her life like a normal 19 year old.

Sadly, as long as she's chasing fame and money, that isn't going to happen.