ebay chipped box, digital filters

roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
Forum Member
✭✭
If it is illegal to have a chipped box, or even a digital filter, why do ntl allow theses items to be auctioned off. They have made it well known that the boxes are property of ntl, if I was to bid for a box, I would not be surprised if I lost my money in some way, I think it is high time that either ntl or ebay takes action against illegal activities, such as chipped boxes, cd bootlegs, non exsitent tickets

Comments

• BrianlionBrianlion Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its usually ppl with 0 feedback who try and sell chipped boxes, if ppl bid on them, then they are bigger fools.

the digital filters are cack as well, all they do is block the talkback part of the cicuit working properly (i.e. block the frequency that talkback uses to connect to ntl). you take the filter out and ntl find out all your ppv viewings! it may not work as well!

Pay your subs and keep the glorious NTL Network ALIVE!!! :p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very true, i have e-mailed ebay, and as long as they get a proportion of the money made, they won't do anything!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    You are aware that if ebay are allowing this and they really do get a cut then they are aiding in promoting the sale of stolen goods

What is the difference between a stolen stb and a kilo of herion being sold on ebay

firstly nothing as they are both illegal
    and secondly if ebay allow the stb's they may as well alow drugs to be sold on the website
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason that I have brought this up is, I heard from one of my friends that a certain manager of a rock group. Someone on ebay was selling bootleg cd, and concert cd, which the manager objected to, since his manement owns the rights,to that music. They basicly forced ebay to remove certain item, such as bootlegs. I think basicly this is what ntl have to do.
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brianlion wrote:
    Pay your subs and keep the glorious NTL Network ALIVE!!! :p

not exactly glorious though?

nick

:D