Simon's Return Axed/UK Bootcamp News

EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure of the reliability of this, but the Mirror are running an article stating that Simon doesn't want to meet with the judges, and instead will simply call them as he did last year. Very disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing the judges and Simon on the yacht. He obviously has a lot of legal arrangements to deal with regarding the whole baby thing, and wants to focus on that, and The X Factor USA. It angers me how Simon pays more attention to the US version of the show, when we're the most successful version of the format, and with Simon's backing we still have the potential to get back up to similar ratings of 2010.

The article also says: In a twist on the usual format, this year’s mentors will find out which category they receive before the bootcamp stage, which begins this weekend.

Maybe the paper is getting confused with the US X Factor, but if not, then looks like we could be getting the new format too... :eek:

Comments

• felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    well I actually inderstand why hed focus on the american show fpr the same reason you think he shouldnt, this year is probably make or break over there while I find it really hard for the british shoe to be axed
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Oh, I was looking forward to the judges going to his yahtch :D

I too am confused why the judges are receiving their categories before: how on earth would that work over three sessions in an arena? :eek:

It is a shame, but I think although Simon would draw in ratings, all they really need is to properly promote the show: along with the mash up, they should tease the new format: I know people who stopped watching after the audition rooms were taken away, so if they put this in their promos, it would draw a lot of people in. And what about the return of Sharon? They could make a brilliant advert with that, as has been discussed elsewhere.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    No idea what is going on now - I think we'll just have to wait and see what goes on telly now.
    Forum Member
    Yes, just seems to me this series is a mess - no idea what's happening, and judges saying they're leaving after it :eek:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grof_Griff wrote: »
    Yes, just seems to me this series is a mess - no idea what's happening, and judges saying they're leaving after it :eek:

all judges? :eek:
    Forum Member
    Well first Sharon said she would only stay for one series, then today Louis said he would be leaving too, and there were all those rumors on Gary quitting next year too. So that leaves Nicole.

They could all change their minds though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    all judges? :eek:

Sharron has said she is only returning for this season, Louis has said it wants to go out on a high this season and there were rumors that Gary will be leaving to record a new album with Take That. I'm unsure about Nichole.
    Having said all this I will only believe that Louis and Gray are leaving once I hear it directly from them.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    If 3 of them leave at the end of the series like in 2010 which I think is likely, then I really think they should leave it there as i don't think there's any comeback from that
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    If 3 of them leave at the end of the series like in 2010 which I think is likely, then I really think they should leave it there as i don't think there's any comeback from that

Simon will have to come back, surely, if that is the case. And ITV won't axe it with the viewing figures it is getting at the moment even if they are down on previous years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If xfusa gets renewed for a 4th year I think Simon would actually find a way so he could do both imo
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

I agree! :(
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Mirror really reliable?

I don't get why Simon can't find a couple of days if he really feels it would boost the ratings for the UK show & put it on the right tracks...

Unless his private life event is such a mess that he really wanted but can't?
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it really going to boost the ratings anyway? It would only be for about 5 minutes of one episode.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, it wouldn't have given a huge ratings boost, but it just would have been quite nice for it to happen. It would have made for good television, especially having Simon, Sharon and Louis reunited on our TV. Plus, it would have got people talking. Besides, I do think The X Factor/ITV need to stop depending on Simon so much, and assemble a strong enough panel so that Simon just isn't needed. Admittedly, the past two panels we've had lacked something, and so Simon's absence becomes significant. This year, while I think it's a relatively strong panel, Gary is still there, and he is ultimately a Simon wannabe who just doesn't compare to Simon. When ITV stop relying on Simon to boost ratings (he never does much anyway) they should book a record label worker to replace Gary next year, someone who has no reputation or fame to worry about, and quite literally can let rip on the contestants. That's what the show needs, a brutally honest judge who has nothing to lose. When you have all these celebrity judges, they have too much on the line when making TV appearances, and so can't function properly in the job. Look at Britney for example. We all know she's quite capable of being an incredible TV personality, but on X Factor she just couldn't be what she potentially could have been because lots of people are watching, and she has a career that she wants to keep going.

Simon and ITV have really been quite stupid in recent years regarding who they put on the panel. There choices have become quite boring, quite predictable, and all they end up with is an awful panel of judges. Refocus the show on contestants, sign up a panel next year with a two series deal; and make it a good panel. The only judge since the 2010 series who has been good is Nicole. That says a lot considering we've had Gary, Kelly and Tulisa too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    It's the Bootcamp format for the first three series, and I have always thought it should be brought back. They'll go and introduce it as the format Leona experienced. I'm always on forums saying iy should come back, and it seems bosses are listening.
    Forum Member
    Mr Gossip wrote: »
    It's the Bootcamp format for the first three series, and I have always thought it should be brought back. They'll go and introduce it as the format Leona experienced. I'm always on forums saying iy should come back, and it seems bosses are listening.

Agree with this: it was far better :D
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new bootcamp format would definitely fit in with the 4 recordings that they're doing. If its true, it'll be interesting to see if its the same panel or if they go back to having two helpers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which Bootcamp format are they using this year?
    Hoping that we see less of the group round and more of the acts performing on there own this season.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Look at Britney for example. We all know she's quite capable of being an incredible TV personality, but on X Factor she just couldn't be what she potentially could have been.

I thought she did an amazing job on an amazing series, especially the way she kept amazingly calling every performance "amazing". :p
  • Paul254Paul254 Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Is the Mirror really reliable?

I don't get why Simon can't find a couple of days if he really feels it would boost the ratings for the UK show & put it on the right tracks...

Unless his private life event is such a mess that he really wanted but can't?

The mirror was the first to report that Nicole had signed last year