Bradley Cooper - thoughts

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I've been a fan of his for many years, both him as a person and as an actor. I've just looked at his wiki page and so far for Silver Linings Playbook he's won a Hollywood Film Festival award for Best Actor, a National Board of Review award for Best Actor and a Satellite award for Best Actor. He's doing so well!

What do people think of him?

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only noticed him in the first Hangover film but i believed i saw enough that he could do more, which he has gone on to prove in later films. As for him as a person, i don't know much (nor do i want to) but i did come across an interview with him on 'Inside the Actors studio',in which he talked about his life and struggles in making a breakthrough in acting. It was quite insightful and showed his dedication, which i was impressed by.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I only noticed him in the first Hangover film but i believed i saw enough that he could do more, which he has gone on to prove in later films. As for him as a person, i don't know much (nor do i want to) but i did come across an interview with him on 'Inside the Actors studio',in which he talked about his life and struggles in making a breakthrough in acting. It was quite insightful and showed his dedication, which i was impressed by.

Yeh that interview is brilliant - he's so open about everything and very emotional as he was a student there himself.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    My thoughts on Bradley Cooper usually go along the lines of "how the hell did the mook from Alias end up as Hollywood's hottest new heartthrob?!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not leading man material IMO
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A fine example to the youth of this country and a worthy winner of Sports Personailty of the Year.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand him, I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks really hot on the one show tonight. Looks a bit like my hubby in parts so guess thats why I think he is hot!
  • RubydollRubydoll Posts: 1,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did an interview with Shaun Keaveny radio 6 breakfast show (for hangover 2?) and he, came across as chatty and flirty and seem to enjoy the interviewso l liked him even more. l think he is a pretty boy actor that will strive and get better in more demanding roles.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Whenever I see him in a movie my first thought is usually "Lordy, another bland, good-looking generic movie star" but then, by the end of the film, I find myself forced to admit that he usually DOES make a bloody good job of whatever role he has.

I dunno whether he just likes the paycheck for lightweight blockbuster films or whether he just doesn't get offered anything more challenging but I reckon if he made an "intelligent" film people would probably be forced to concede that he's a competent actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. I enjoy many of his films (most notably the Hangover films, Valentines Day and Limitless) and think he's really good at interviews. Enjoyed seeing him on Graham Norton.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Bradley Cooper although some of his roles have been questionable like The A-Team and a couple of comedy but I guess he did them before The Hangover when he couldn't afford to be choosy. I prefer him when he does more serious roles like Silver Linings Playbook
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Bradley Cooper usually go along the lines of "how the hell did the mook from Alias end up as Hollywood's hottest new heartthrob?!"

Hah! I think exactly the same thing! I met him at an Alias convention years ago (don't judge me). I drank coctails with him and all he could do was gush about the fact he was going to be in a film called 'The Wedding Crashers'...with Christopher Walken!!! He was so excited. Such a lovely guy...then. Who know's how corrupted he's been since skyrocketing in Hollywood...
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Bradley Cooper the bloke who presents The Chase on ITV at teatime? Or the bloke who won the Tour de France? Don't know of any other Bradleys...
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fine example to the youth of this country and a worthy winner of Sports Personailty of the Year.

- :D -
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would.

More than once.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,895
    Forum Member
    He's yet another okay actor on the list of okay Hollywood actors. Not terrible, not great.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't look at him and think ''leading man" he's got more of the "sarcastic hot uncle" thing going on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Brad Pitt. Pretty to look at, not massivly talented but seems to get better roles than the likes of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Sam Rockwel, who are heaps better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Another Brad Pitt. Pretty to look at, not massivly talented but seems to get better roles than the likes of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Sam Rockwel, who are heaps better.

I agree with the first half of your post but the other two get FAR better roles than Cooper & deservedly so
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. Seems like a nice guy as well.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    loved him in that kitchen comedy.was that his big break?
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is nothing special from what I have seen, good at comedy and one liners but thats about it. might be one of those that surprises.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liked him in alias then suddenly he was in films and i couldn't stand him. he came across as so smug but that was surely just the characters he was playing (the hangover 2 is a prime example of this) but after seeing silver linings i think he's great.

i think hangover 3 is a massive mistake though. first one brilliant, second one awful.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh he is gorgeous, his eyes are beautiful. I love him in The Hangover films, he's great in Limitless and in Silver Linings he was incredible
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched a review of 'The Place Beyond the Pines' and they said that it was Bradley's best performance and he almost brought the reviewer to tears. Does anyone know much about this film?